Quarter Final

ThickAsThieves

Thanks for the information, am I better off having a drink in the city centre and then getting a train out ?

Definitely drink in town but I would say it's easier with a bus than train. Get one from Argyle St/Trongate to the door. Not sure what numbers though, it used to be a 64 but I think it's changed

I've seen very little from Eccleston in his cameo appearances that suggests he's worth a start, particularly in a game of this magnitude. Is he particularly quick? No. Is he particularly powerful? No. Does he run the channels in a manner similar to Lyle Taylor? No. Is his movement and touch as good as Doolan's? No.

He's just a bit...meh.

I've seen very little from Eccleston in his cameo appearances that suggests he's worth a start, particularly in a game of this magnitude. Is he particularly quick? No. Is he particularly powerful? No. Does he run the channels in a manner similar to Lyle Taylor? No. Is his movement and touch as good as Doolan's? No.

He's just a bit...meh.

Agree totally. I stated similar on a thread a week or 2 back. Not wishing to damn the guy before he's been given a chance but I just don't see what he offers which is better than what we already have. You don't need much to be a successful striker in this division but he seems to lack even just 1 main quality that suggests he will be a success/cause teams problems.

People also keep stating "he's scored one & assisted one". He couldn't miss the goal he scored, & his pass to O'Donnell he very nearly fcuked up.

Anyone who has read my posts over the years will know I give everyone a chance, which I'll continue to do, I just do not see what Ecclestone brings to the table. He may work better as a front 2, where someone can run more than him or challenge for balls in the air & he looks for half chances from that other striker.

• Like 4

My feeling is that Eccleston is a useful back up but he's not shown enough at the moment to suggest he should start, especially in a really important game. I think he was brought in because we needed cover quickly after the Taylor deal fell through. It's possible at the time Archie thought Stevenson could do a job for us at centre forward and we didn't pursue other options - or maybe other options wanted more money than we could afford. I'd expect us to bring someone in come January to give Doolan more competition unless maybe Duggan will be ready for a run out by that time?

My feeling is that Eccleston is a useful back up but he's not shown enough at the moment to suggest he should start, especially in a really important game. I think he was brought in because we needed cover quickly after the Taylor deal fell through. It's possible at the time Archie thought Stevenson could do a job for us at centre forward and we didn't pursue other options - or maybe other options wanted more money than we could afford. I'd expect us to bring someone in come January to give Doolan more competition unless maybe Duggan will be ready for a run out by that time?

I think Eccleston was nowhere near our second choice after Taylor. He was available all summer, Taylor signed for Scunny on 30th June, and we signed Eccleston 2 months later on deadline day (not that it would have mattered as he was a free agent). That said, I wouldn't be averse to starting him tomorrow.

Well boys and girls I am coming out of cold storage to attend my first game in 16months!! :shok:

Actually thought the game was tonight and Im working so didnt think I could make it.

Only going to get restricted view tickets but as i said to PT my view is always restricted by the don revie anyway :drink2::D

Well boys and girls I am coming out of cold storage to attend my first game in 16months!! :shok:

Actually thought the game was tonight and Im working so didnt think I could make it.

Only going to get restricted view tickets but as i said to PT my view is always restricted by the don revie anyway :drink2::D

Where did you see about restricted view only left mate? On twitter it says a few tickets left but doesnt say anything about them being restricted view only?