January Window

ayrshire jag

Ross Forbes to Morton

Looks like a typical Morton signing. Dunfermline couldn't wait to off load Forbes. One of those players who can turn it on playing alongside good players, especially ones with pace. Not at the races playing for sides that have to dig deep. Not that much over a year ago he was on top of his game for an hour up at Tannadice. The fact that the Pars appear happy enough to risk Forbes signing for a promotion rival says a lot.

The fact neither Dunfermline or Morton are anywhere near stick ons for promotion from the third tier says quite a lot as well. I doubt any of us would have predicted that two year ago?

Nice big guy, spoke to him back in 2009 after a Clyde game at firhill. He was walking into town, I was walking to the Star. Seemed to like Thistle and his loan move was either going to us or Clyde. I think it was McCall at the time who was in charge.

Working in Cluj as I do regularly, he apparently never took to it or grasped the language or the culture. Cluj are a good outfit with a very good set up, I think he could do a turn for us

It's still a bit frustrating as you would have thought some deals could have been in the pipeline prior to the Window opening.

Who's saying that they haven't ? We may well have loan deals agreed, but the lending club is delaying until the end of the window to ensure there are no unexpected injury crisis before letting them go. I've not seen that much activity from anyone North or South of the border.

Archie's contacts must be poor. Lambie would have brought in 6 and punted rid of 4 of them by now.

The LB position has a problem for a while and let's face it, Keenan won't make it. He was badly out his depth against Dundee United. Ayr United fans called him 'dug meat'. He's no more than a stop gap for a few games. He wouldn't be there if we have anyone decent.

Thankfully we've had a couple of games off recently and he's not been tested any more.

Archie's contacts must be poor. Lambie would have brought in 6 and punted rid of 4 of them by now.

The LB position has a problem for a while and let's face it, Keenan won't make it. He was badly out his depth against Dundee United. Ayr United fans called him 'dug meat'. He's no more than a stop gap for a few games. He wouldn't be there if we have anyone decent.

Thankfully we've had a couple of games off recently and he's not been tested any more.

Sometimes you do not help yourself with some pish you write. How do you know that we have not had 5 or 6 trialists in over the last few weeks. I know of at least 1 trialist who is a right back that has been in for a week or so. So instead of lambasting Archie why not wait and see what happens in the WHOLE transfer window?

maybe he won't, but after a poor 15 minutes he came on to a decent game and looked comfortable, so you're talking pish as usual

No, he went onto cost us another goal. He "came onto a decent game" because Lawless was tracking back to help but he was getting rinsed when one on one.

Archie is looking for left back as a priority. That should tell you all you need to know about Keenan.