Team For Hamilton

ThickAsThieves

Difficult one for Saturday,AA consistently states his dislike of Artificial Surfaces,so does he risk Higgy?,having seen both Welsh and Fraser on Monday night neither are ready to start,they are just not match fit.Craigen/Elliott are just not up to it at this level,plus neither have any dig about them,all I can say is that I am glad I am not having to pick the team,suspect Stevenson has to play.

Too many unknowns to even guess a line up for Saturday. Those returning from injury plus Stevenson may not be risked on the plastic. Then there's tiredness and knocks from last night to take into consideration. I can see Gallacher and Frans being selected plus Doolan and Lawless should be fine but after that it's anyone's guess.

• Like 1

according to the old adage, 'if it ain't broke don't fix it...' given our last three results - 0-1, 0-0, 0-6 - something is well and truly broke and needs fixing. since we really don't expect to achieve much on hamilton's plastic pitch i think we should go with youth. we know what craigan and elliott can (and can not...) do so i would like to see them replaced by wilson and mcdaid. as someone made the point, our under-20s regularly play on plastic so are probably more 'experienced' than most of our senior players. if welsh or fraser are deemed not sufficiently fit then (and i can hardly bring myself to say it...) i reckon we have to give stevenson another chance to prove he's not a chancer

I've never bashed Archie too much before. But I can't believe he didn't change the team around even after one of our most important players got sent of. If you lose a holding mid player you have to change the team. It's as simple as that. Cant blame the team too much for what happened last night.

In terms of Hailton I want a re-freshed team. Keep Eccleston, bring back Higgy and Stevenson. Probably have to play Fraser cause I assume Bannigan will be banned. Have a hunch that bad will not be this Saturday but the following game. Drop Craigen and Elliot. Bring in Frans for Balatoni. And then let's hump Hamilton.

The team trains on an artificial surface so I don't see how it can be used as an excuse.

Hamilton don't play the ball on the deck anyway so it really won't matter.

No WE do not. We used to train on an artificial surface, last year, and have you actually seen Accies play this year. They are a good passing team.

Do you attend ANY games, cos you are so out of touch on mostly every topic discussed about our team.

• Like 1

I agree we shouldn't be doing that but if Banzo is suspended and Welsh & Fraser not ready to start yet I think it is likely Archie will do this. Someone else mentioned bringing Carroll in and putting McMillan in with Osman which I don't think is a bad shout but can't see him doing it. Hopefully our captain is ready to return. I would just worry that it is too soon for him.

Carroll lacks experience at left back (note how he seemed to get easily drawn out of position when he first played - though he was better when Seabourne was in the team to guide him) but has played midfield. I'd leave McMillan at left back where he is unexciting but very solid and put Carroll in midfield - assuming of course that Welsh and Fraser are not ready to play yet. If either is I'd put them straight in in place of Bannigan.

The other thing is, was Higgs just breaking himself in gently last night or does he still need to get a bit fitter? Hopefully he is ready.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Folk should remember that ... don't forget Dundee United got done 6-1 earlier this season with 11 men on the pitch.

suitably embarrassed, they proceeded to embark upon a run that earned them 13 points out of 15 plus a league cup win over dundee. hand on heart can you see thistle reacting in a similar fashion?

according to the old adage, 'if it ain't broke don't fix it...' given our last three results - 0-1, 0-0, 0-6 - something is well and truly broke and needs fixing. since we really don't expect to achieve much on hamilton's plastic pitch i think we should go with youth. we know what craigan and elliott can (and can not...) do so i would like to see them replaced by wilson and mcdaid. as someone made the point, our under-20s regularly play on plastic so are probably more 'experienced' than most of our senior players. if welsh or fraser are deemed not sufficiently fit then (and i can hardly bring myself to say it...) i reckon we have to give stevenson another chance to prove he's not a chancer

Rubbish. We matched Dundee U until a bad decision let them in near the end of the game. We were better than St Johnstone (though lacked a cutting edge) and were OK against Celtic until the sending off - besides you never expect to get much against them anyway.

There are worries but it's more about tiredness and who will replace Bannigan. Also been forgotten is the bad knock O'Donnell took. Hope it's not serious, as it would force us to move McMillan and maybe play Carroll at LB. (Hasn't Balatoni played RB before?)

Hopefully SOD is fit and one of the returning trio is fit to play. If we have a full complement of players we're as good as and often better than the teams round about us.

Edited by Mr Bunny

suitably embarrassed, they proceeded to embark upon a run that earned them 13 points out of 15 plus a league cup win over dundee. hand on heart can you see thistle reacting in a similar fashion?

That kind of run no because we lack a really top striker but I can see us putting in a gritty performance and digging out a few useful results.

Besides that's not the point. The point is some guys are having a go at the team for losing 6 goals to the league champions who have a bigger squad and players worth millions. I was pointing out bigger teams than us have taken doings from Celtic this season (even if Celtic didn't always score the goals they should have..

Edited by Mr Bunny

Gallagher

Frans ............Seaborne ..............Balatoni-

O'Donnell...........................................................................McMillan

Osman...................Fraser

Lawless

Doolan........................Eccleston

Fox

Carroll

Elliot

Stevenson

McDaid

Keenan

Jamesie Craigen, 1 goal in how many games? Should be dropped into the juniors to toughen him up clearly no use at this level.

Bannigan dropped for being a clown. And return Chris Duggan from queens park because there is no way Eccleston should be keeping him out the team

Edited by sabbath
  • Like 1

I think we all need to turn our attentions to Saturday now. I watched the first half tonight but as soon as Bannigan got sent off, that was that. Personally I do think it was a red, and I'm disappointed that he made a challenge like that in the first place. Halfway line, doing nothing, and Bannigan went straight through the back of him. I'm pretty certain that he's not suspended for Saturday though? It'll be a League Cup ban for next season?

Gallacher

O'Donnell - Frans - Seaborne - McMillan

Osman - Bannigan

Elliott - Lawless - Higginbotham

Eccleston

Fox

Carroll

Balatoni

Fraser / Welsh / Wilson

Craigen

Stevenson

Doolan

Not blaming Fox for tonight (although I heard one of their goals came from his howler), but Gallacher is the better goalkeeper for me.

Harsh on Balatoni who is a fine defender at this level in my opinion, but I do want to see these two together.

Craigen doesn't do enough for me to warrant a start, and considering Higginbotham got half an hour under his belt, hopefully he can start.

You might think I'm also being harsh on Doolan, but I thought Eccleston looked alright in the first half, and tonight was his first start. I'd like to see him get a run of games, because if he turns out to be good then we know we'll have two good strikers to choose from. Right now there's a question mark surrounding Eccleston.

How can you be surrounded by a question mark?

Gallagher

Frans ............Seaborne ..............Balatoni-

O'Donnell...........................................................................McMillan

Osman...................Fraser

Lawless

Doolan........................Eccleston

Fox

Carroll

Elliot

Stevenson

McDaid

Keenan

Jamesie Craigen, 1 goal in how many games? Should be dropped into the juniors to toughen him up clearly no use at this level.

Bannigan dropped for being a clown. And return Chris Duggan from queens park because there is no way Eccleston should be keeping him out the team

higgy?