Team For Hamilton

ThickAsThieves

Yeh there's zero chance for it to get over turned.

Don't understand why everyone has Elliot starting. There's no need in him. Someone who if he makes a simple pass everyone claps. Don't get me wrong, he has improved. But only to the point where he can be an emergency starter. Stevenson is far superior - even when not playing to his full potential. Craigen has also done more to merit a start over Elliot, far more intelligent and can provide assists.

Hopefully Eccleston remains. Had glimmers of promise in a game of no hope.

Yeh there's zero chance for it to get over turned.

Don't understand why everyone has Elliot starting. There's no need in him. Someone who if he makes a simple pass everyone claps. Don't get me wrong, he has improved. But only to the point where he can be an emergency starter. Stevenson is far superior - even when not playing to his full potential. Craigen has also done more to merit a start over Elliot, far more intelligent and can provide assists.

Hopefully Eccleston remains. Had glimmers of promise in a game of no hope.

Elliot has contributed way more than Stevenson so far this season. Actually a threat with his pace, Stevenson a passenger so far.

Hope Elliot continues to improve - personally think he's done very well indeed - and I wasn't convinced by him when we won the league. We need players who try hard. If Messi or Ronaldo were in the team but couldn't be bothered, what would the point of that be?

Christie & Craigan have stepped up & it's to their credit.

• Like 1

Elliot has contributed way more than Stevenson so far this season. Actually a threat with his pace, Stevenson a passenger so far.

Hope Elliot continues to improve - personally think he's done very well indeed - and I wasn't convinced by him when we won the league. We need players who try hard. If Messi or Ronaldo were in the team but couldn't be bothered, what would the point of that be?

Christie & Craigan have stepped up & it's to their credit.

not disagreeing with your assessment of Christie. While I expect more from Stevenson I wouldn't say he has been a complete passenger meaning he has contributed nothing since he has produced 2 assists - one against Ross county and one against Inverness. Plus it has far from helped that he has played the majority of games in an unfamiliar role ie the lone striker role Edited by Third Lanark

According to OS preview Higgy will play some part (sounds like he's not up to a full game yet and the decision will be whether to start him to try to get and early goal or keep him on the bench in case we need an impact sub later). Elliot and O'Donnell carrying knocks so not 100% certain starters - I didn't notice Elliot taking a hit Wed night but O'Donnell was limping a bit late on.

Of the two I hope O'Donnell's fit as we will have more problems adjusting the team if he's out. If Elliot's out it might be worth considering an earlier poster's suggestion of trying Ecclestone on the wing (assuming Higgy is kept as an impact sub). Might be worth giving McDaid a start - with Higgy to come on if it doesn't work out.

Edited by Mr Bunny

not disagreeing with your assessment of Christie. While I expect more from Stevenson I wouldn't say he has been a complete passenger meaning he has contributed nothing since he has produced 2 assists - one against Ross county and one against Inverness. Plus it has far from helped that he has played the majority of games in an unfamiliar role ie the lone striker role

Stevenson's 'assist' v. County was a routine 15 yard sideways pass any of us could have made. My shouting from the North Stand was just as much of a contribution.

• Like 3

Still think it's due to them having played more games, tbh.

One of our games is against Celtic. So assuming nothing from that, then I guess it depends how we do tomorrow. But I do agree its more how they grind out wins. At 2-1, with 10 mins to go, they just never looked like conceding. If there is only a one goal lead for us, other teams always get good chances and it must be some sort of pyschological thing because surely the tactics can't always go wrong.