Just In....

javeajag

Archie has to start taking the blame for these results. Totally clueless at times. Higgy never kicked a ball the whole match, Elliot was never in the game and apart from his goal Craigen was totally obscure. He makes his usual last 15 min sub when bringing on Dools and takes off stevo who as has been said, he was having a good game. Hartley realised that he had to change it 5 min into the 2nd half, but when it was noticeable to all in the stadium,that we needed some fresh legs on the park, Archie just carries on with the usual pish. Then in the last couple of minutes we should have brought a sub on to break up the game and waste some time, but not Archie.

As for this crap that some are spouting about Higgy isn't 100% match fit! then he shouldn't be fecking starting!!! Stop giving players a start that don't deserve to start week in week out, just because he is a favourite with some fans, it's starting to become fecking soul destroying at times. He will not take off his favourite players even when they are doing nothing in the game.

Seriously thinking about giving up our 3 season tickets because of decisions like this from Archie, cannot handle going to freeze our balls off and watch incompetence from him and his lack of savvy costing us 2 points, especially when it costs us a fortune every week to travel up from down south. Archie is truly clueless!!!!

Is this a wind up??

A pitfall of loaning out a young player? Keenan didn't look out of place in the few games he played (or any worse than Carroll when he's played), including his debut away to Dundee earlier in the season. Had he still been around I don't see why he couldn't have filled in at LB. Incidentally, he wasn't in the Ayr Utd squad today.

A great point, keenan looked okay and certainly no worse than carrol has been in any of his appearences. A chance to get one of our youngsters some experience has been missed i feel.

Granted, we would have all absolutely loved a 'like for like' replacement and carrol was certainly worth a shot but once it turned out that he wasn't a "new ATS" I think we would have been better going with keenan.

• Like 1

I'd agree Higganbotham wasn't great today, but without that spark of creativity would we have unlocked their defence at all?

As LIB says, we definitely should of gone on and got a second after getting in front, and it is pretty frustrating. However, I suspect we'd all have taken four points from the last two fixtures, so it all needs to be kept in perspective.

Frankly, we are already well on the way to safety before Christmas. Normally you'd look at the forty point mark for safety, but with St Mirren and County's form that mark is surely likely to be lower this year. Top six may be a season too soon, but if we could aim to top the bottom six (remember all that cash we lost on the final day last season), and hang on to the nucleus of the squad I think next year could be interesting.

I was absolutely frozen today. The frozen meat section in Morrison's on the way home was warm by comparison.

• Like 2

I'd agree Higganbotham wasn't great today, but without that spark of creativity would we have unlocked their defence at all?

As LIB says, we definitely should of gone on and got a second after getting in front, and it is pretty frustrating. However, I suspect we'd all have taken four points from the last two fixtures, so it all needs to be kept in perspective.

Frankly, we are already well on the way to safety before Christmas. Normally you'd look at the forty point mark for safety, but with St Mirren and County's form that mark is surely likely to be lower this year. Top six may be a season too soon, but if we could aim to top the bottom six (remember all that cash we lost on the final day last season), and hang on to the nucleus of the squad I think next year could be interesting.

I was absolutely frozen today. The frozen meat section in Morrison's on the way home was warm by comparison.

Good post.

There are a lot of good posts on here.

Results have improved from last season but it's hardly surprising because we have better players.

We're on course to stay up but the talk of top 6 nonsense with the same glaring deficiencies still being there.

We have the players to make top 6 but we don't have the manager.

• Like 1

Getting into the top 6 in future seasons (should we retain out Premiership status) will be ever harder, we might laugh at Hibs/Hearts/Rangers just now, but with decent management these teams all have the finance & support to easily make the top 6 along with Celtic in the coming seasons. I'd say this season presents us with the best chance to make the top 6, it's difficult to see how we can compete with those sides + Aberdeen & DU, we certainly can't compete financially. We need to overachieve & these teams underachieve, as we know right enough, nothing is finalised on paper but this season is a real chance to get our highest finish in a generation.

• Like 1

You are all the perfect supporters for this team, because you LOVE IT when we don't win. Quiet as a mouse when we score four goals without reply away from home one week, and then come incessantly moaning with your "Archie doesn't know what he's doing" chat the next.

Wah, wah, wah, extra order of nappies all round for this "support".

Results have improved from last season but it's hardly surprising because we have better players.

We're on course to stay up but the talk of top 6 nonsense with the same glaring deficiencies still being there.

Do we have that many better players that makes this seasons squad that much different? Seaborne & Osman the standouts, replacing Aero/Mair & Osbourne, Stevenson for Taylor can't really be seen as an improvement so far given Stevenson has only really came to life in the last month. The rest are largely the same with Craigen & Elliott (who yourself & many others can't stand) playing a far greater amount of games so far than they did last season.

I thought we got better as the game went on and didn't think they looked like scoring...though wasn't that surprised when they did. Balatoni was having one of his better games and got away with one daft pass but looked indecisive in dealing with the high ball in the lead up then did what no Dundee player looked capable of and got a shot on target. I've always preferred Muirhead but Aero has never had the chance to play beside an experienced central defender and I fear his time has now passed.

I counted about 9 decent shooting chances we set up in the second half but only Osman's sclaffed effort required their keeper to make any sort of save. I was really pleased for James Craigen when he scored. He does get into good positions but unfortunately I'm not sure he is quite good enough. Likewise Elliot - willingness and running power are not enough.

Osman was excellent, Stevenson looks fitter & better and Fraser hit some wonderful passes but I would have llked to see him more involved. Seaborne wins everything in the air...but I wish he would head the ball to our players not the opposition. Have our players not noticed that Stephen O'Donnell is possibly the quickest player in the League? He keeps sprinting into good positions but doesn't get the ball.

Again this wasn't a particularly entertaining game - our defence is much stronger and there isn't that fear whenever the opposition win a corner but I can think of 4 or 5 games in the first half of last season when we played really well,completely outplayed the opposition but didn't win. Dundee weren't very good, Ross County, St Mirren, Motherwell, St Johnstone & Killie weren't either - ICT are the best footballing side I've seen at Firhill this season and we've cuffed them twice. As I have said before, this season really has been an opportunity to finish well up the League. We're doing ok but I can't help feeling a bit disappointed we are not doing better.

I think Archie is the man but he undoubtedly boobed today, there were about 4 attacking players that should have gone off ahead of Stevenson- he has history with that diddy McPake from their Edinburgh days and was taking delight in noising him and that useless German boy at CB up- when the number went up I thought he was injured but his reaction said otherwise.

That was the only sub we used, again we could have broke the game up but we didn't (cf Hamilton away). Higgy is miles off the boil, he'd have scored at least one of those chances in the second half of last season, hopefully he's just winding up to replicate last season's form. I don't like being overly negative but Craigen doesn't have it. Scored 1, should have been 3. Lawless seems to have paid for 2 bad games by being relegated to "chasing the game sub".

Don't really blame Conrad for the goal, shit happens, defence were largely fine. I think we do miss Banzo's ball retention in midfield but he seems more positive at LB than he does in midfield.

If we can get a win away next week then December will have been a decent month.

The difference between us and us being easily a top six team, is a proper striker. Even one who was on a modest five or six goals now. With Higgy Stevenson and Fraser in behind (all three will get a few goals).

Really annoying game. Any other team goes into lockdown with 10 mins to go, yet we never do. Get 10 men back and defend for your life - time waste, punt the ball etc etc.

9 points lost in extra time says it all!

• Like 1

You are all the perfect supporters for this team, because you LOVE IT when we don't win. Quiet as a mouse when we score four goals without reply away from home one week, and then come incessantly moaning with your "Archie doesn't know what he's doing" chat the next.

Wah, wah, wah, extra order of nappies all round for this "support".

Who's this "you are all?"

:huh:

Is there any chance of seeing Dundee's goal as just one of those freak accidents that we can't help? I think we are very quick to pin point the blame on someone when I thought it was a good team performance overall. Dont get me wrong, I am fecking gutted but I think just unlucky......Just a thought.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Is there any chance of seeing Dundee's goal as just one of those freak accidents that we can't help? I think we are very quick to pin point the blame on someone when I thought it was a good team performance overall. Dont get me wrong, I am fecking gutted but I think just unlucky......Just a thought.

Agreed. I just watched the goal on Youtube: a complete accident. And hey, we're one point better off than last week.

Top 6 in season 2 is pushing it, we are in a better position than last year, we have a stronger team and we are improving year on year.

Some fans need to get real, the 2nd season is notorious as the one that brings teams back down after the momentum of the season after promotion goes

The second goal was an accident?

Was it an accident that Balatoni lost it in the air and then stood watching whilst the Dundee player went towards the goal, meaning he could receive the next ball and play it wide.

Was it an accident that, yet again, O'Donnell is ball watching meaning that his player gets the ball into the middle?

How the ball ended up in the net was unfortunate but we facilitated it big time. You defend weakly in your own penalty box and unfortunate things happen.

As I,suspected our failure to win leaves us in the position that if we lose next week, we're going to only be three point ahead of Motherwell if we lose next week. Not being totally negative, I hope!

I am not sure what the relevance of only being 3 points ahead of Motherwell is. We are at present 11 ahead of Ross County. Were we ever that many points ahead of 2nd bottom last season.

I see Pea Green Boy/Richard Nixon back on abusing those who have a different opinion than him.

Here's the thing. The manager can't do an awful lot when an individual/individuals missing chance after chance but he did have options on the bench.

Stevenson had a great game yesterday but all of it outside the box. He was holding the ball up & laying it off but too often no one on the end of it as he was doing a centre forwards job but didn't have anyone beyond to support him.

Elliot is a waste of a jersey for me. Totally anonymous 2nd half other than running into their left back!

So... Game management. Couple of minutes to go, we're under the cosh a little with their 5 strikers, Thomson gives a ridiculous free kick & we've cleared.

Why not use the last 2 subs to break up the game?

Elliot for McDaid?

Then

Wilson or Lindsay for Craigen?

Get instructions on about how you want to see game out against 5 strikers.

Sure it was an unfortunate deflection but the space he had was embarrassing from a defensive point of view.

Lindau (& others) make a valid point about this year's points but here's a thing... (again)

1 point lost v St Mitren last minute

5 points lost to Hamilton in last minute

2 points lost today to Dundee in last minute

We all know it's a repeating pattern from last season. Can you keep blaming the players?

Can the manager keep saying 'we need to learn'?

I think we'll stay up this season but if we're looking at kicking on towards top 6 then Archibald is not the man for me.

We're not playing the football we were last year so obvious trying to tighten up & be less open but the same mistakes keep recurring.

If he's going to play Stevenson where he's playing him now then wide players & attacking midfielders need to be more clinical.

I'm unsure that the players we have just now are the right players which will make transfer window interesting.

Last thought though, if Archibald thought about deploying Stevenson in the role he's using him in now then why spend all Summer chasing another striker when it was an attacking midfielder that was needed?

*waits for Richatd Nixon to abuse him for having a (different) opinion•