Aaron Muirhead- Away

jagfaelivi

I've seen it mentioned numerous times, from the same posters, "Craigen & Elliott couldn't get a game in the 1st Divison, now they're key players for us". Yes...they were both young guys 2 years ago (Craigen 21, Elliott 21). It stands to reason that they wouldn't play a key part when they came from a level of football that was extremely low, with both guys going on on loan to get some experience in a hard league. These guys have improved (with age & experience) & are now playing on a more regular basis, why is it so hard for some people to see progression & get away from the fact that just because they weren't key players 2 seasons ago means they have no right to be playing for us now? Madness!

Elliott has progressed nicely, he'd be one of the 1st names on my teamsheet. Craigen is a clever player, he tries to be too neat sometimes with passes & he loses possession but he undoubtedly has a good footballing brain, a great attitude & is very fit. A good percentage of his wayward passes are ones that his teammates haven't anticipated, I'm not going to criticise a guy trying an attacking pass when all too often the same fans criticise others for their sideways efforts. For me he lacks the pace to be a key player for us in his favoured position (an attacking midfielder) but he's a good squad player & someone Archie often goes to in time of trouble, he's yet to let Archie down in those circumstances.

Couldn't agree more.

It's perhaps ironic that two of our current players, who more than most epitomise traditional Jags players, are the two most criticised.

• Like 1

“Holy sh*t, I’ve just scored the first ever Premiership goal at Firhill. Top o’ the League, ya feckin’ dancer! Ah’m cummin’ tae gie yeez a big cuddle!”

2ir2mwi.jpg

Surely one of the greatest Jaggy moments of the 21st century? For me, the fitba’s all about these little nuggets of pure, unadulterated emotion. All credit to photographer, Ross Eaglesham, for this awesome capture.

• Like 2

I've seen it mentioned numerous times, from the same posters, "Craigen & Elliott couldn't get a game in the 1st Divison, now they're key players for us". Yes...they were both young guys 2 years ago (Craigen 21, Elliott 21). It stands to reason that they wouldn't play a key part when they came from a level of football that was extremely low, with both guys going on on loan to get some experience in a hard league. These guys have improved (with age & experience) & are now playing on a more regular basis, why is it so hard for some people to see progression & get away from the fact that just because they weren't key players 2 seasons ago means they have no right to be playing for us now? Madness!

Elliott has progressed nicely, he'd be one of the 1st names on my teamsheet. Craigen is a clever player, he tries to be too neat sometimes with passes & he loses possession but he undoubtedly has a good footballing brain, a great attitude & is very fit. A good percentage of his wayward passes are ones that his teammates haven't anticipated, I'm not going to criticise a guy trying an attacking pass when all too often the same fans criticise others for their sideways efforts. For me he lacks the pace to be a key player for us in his favoured position (an attacking midfielder) but he's a good squad player & someone Archie often goes to in time of trouble, he's yet to let Archie down in those circumstances.

Well said sir!

^^^^^ way too much sense for this forum.

Brilliant post, both these players are still in their infancy of their careers, and have progressed and improved massively over the last 2 years, whilst now playing against more difficult opposition.

They are still "ones for the future" but fit our current 1st team & squad well, I don't see a better match in our squad for Craigen in his position and both him and Elliot will run all day and break up play and cause the opposition big problems.

Craigen is clearly out of his depth, having scored 2 goals and getting into numerous other scoring positions.

How many chances has Doolan missed, whilst being our out and out striker??

How many did the great Erkinimo miss?

Craigen gets in these positions not through luck but through shear hard work, effort and being able to intelligently read a game, if you make the chances they will eventually come as confidence in himself and ability in front of goals grows

It's perhaps ironic that two of our current players, who more than most epitomise traditional Jags players, are the two most criticised.

^^^^^ very true this is also.

does makes you wonder about those doing the repeated stuck record criticism.

some are clearly posters of, let's call it, a youthful disposition, so their inexperience of decades upon decades following thistle and whats gone before, cuts them a little (and i mean a very little) slack in their rantings.

however, some are clearly posters of a more time-worn variety, and you'd think their memories and experience would result in a more measured and reasoned posting content, given what players and managers they have suffered through over the decades.

the internet wasn't a good invention for some people, thats for sure.

Brilliant post, both these players are still in their infancy of their careers, and have progressed and improved massively over the last 2 years, whilst now playing against more difficult opposition.

They are still "ones for the future" but fit our current 1st team & squad well, I don't see a better match in our squad for Craigen in his position and both him and Elliot will run all day and break up play and cause the opposition big problems.

How many chances has Doolan missed, whilst being our out and out striker??

How many did the great Erkinimo miss?

Craigen gets in these positions not through luck but through shear hard work, effort and being able to intelligently read a game, if you make the chances they will eventually come as confidence in himself and ability in front of goals grows

^^^^^ more sense about craigen and elliot.

hope they don't end up like banzo though, whose career is as good as finished according to some of our expert posters.

• Like 1

Is this the most quoted post of the year so far? Most likely given the date I suppose. But I'm going to do it too. perfect.

Thanks for getting the right perspective on this.

While there are those who take in the odd stray cat and the wee birdie wi the broken wing, my mind is cast back to the caring souls who would sing "piccollo" from the north end, another boy who was never a footballer much like Jamesie C. it doesn't matter how you put it but JC is an embarrassment . if we are going to keep him, then get him into the juniors to toughen him up, he is so weak he makes Iain Cameron look like Rambo. Thistle are not a big club wi loads of money we can't afford the odd stray who doesn't score enough from midfield, surely the minimum we should be expecting is eight goals per season, that goes for Bannigan too, remember that's the minimum. come on guys even Elliot would get knocked off the ball by a wee school lassie. As the devil's advocate I only point out the facts, like it or lump it, and as for Sean Welsh...................Happy new year ya bunch o F##*ies.

While there are those who take in the odd stray cat and the wee birdie wi the broken wing, my mind is cast back to the caring souls who would sing "piccollo" from the north end, another boy who was never a footballer much like Jamesie C. it doesn't matter how you put it but JC is an embarrassment . if we are going to keep him, then get him into the juniors to toughen him up, he is so weak he makes Iain Cameron look like Rambo. Thistle are not a big club wi loads of money we can't afford the odd stray who doesn't score enough from midfield, surely the minimum we should be expecting is eight goals per season, that goes for Bannigan too, remember that's the minimum. come on guys even Elliot would get knocked off the ball by a wee school lassie. As the devil's advocate I only point out the facts, like it or lump it, and as for Sean Welsh...................Happy new year ya bunch o F##*ies.

I think you should re-consider about who is the "embarrassment." Claiming to be "devil's advocate" doesn't disguise it.

And what is your view on MacMillan and dare I say it Frans.

You just don't have a clue, do you?

the only embarrassment and f*##y is yourself sabbath bloody sabbath.

if your post is as a result of alcohol or other substances, i strongly recommend you seek help to curb your usage and preferably give them up totally.

if your post is a result of no alcohol or other substances, i strongly recommend you sell your internet accessible devices and use the funds for professional help.

• Like 1

Sad to see Muirhead go, but it's for the best for all parties. I wonder if he had a regular run alongside Frans or Seaborne if he'd have settled at this level. Maybe it was just the pairing of Muirhead & Balatoni - which worked so well at First Division level - that couldn't make the step up, rather than Muirhead himself.

After we clinched promotion I was speaking to Graham Spiers and he asked who he should be looking out for in the Premiership. Without doubt I said Muirhead, who I naively said would go on to win a Scotland cap. I thought he was that good. Fair enough I was getting a little carried away, but it just goes to show the gulf between the two levels...

Could not have put that better.

On the bench for the Bairns today

Glad to see. I saw Falkirk a while back and didn't think centreback was a weakness so they're really strengthening their defence. Be surprised if they don't make the play offs and meantime we can all dream of Aaron stickin' it up sevco.

A wee bit of credit for Archie/the Club releasing Aero from his contract so quickly. Looks like we could've played a wee bit dirtier and had him involved tomorrow.