Jags Vs St Mirren - 30/01/15 -

Paulo

I got BBC Sport app alerts on my phone. Does a kick off, goal, half time and then full time alert not count as caring? Could not be arsed wi the whole shed bring a friend baws the night. Could see a defeat a million miles away and chose to avoid. I struggle to get excited by how appallingly inconsistent we are and by the sounds of it I made the right decision. Done the whole blindly follow the jags thing for years. Other things to worry about these days, but hey, you carry on ClydebankJag.

Call yourself a fan ?

How much does your phone alerts cost you ffs ?

Edited by Jaggy1967

Probably kept Stevo on because he at least looked like he could score unlike Doolan and Lawless whose headers and shots were nothing but passbacks.

You think Higgy and Doolan should have been kept on? - I'll have what your on

As for Booth unlike the others this was his first game in the team and only met the players 2 days ago - unlike half the team he tried throughout, was okay tackling got by the St Mirren defence a few times and put in a few decent crosses into the box - not his fault Doolan and co were too toothless to go for them. The lad looks like he got potential how about giving him a chance instead of making him a scapegoat already

How is thinking he was poor making him a scapegoat? In my opinion his passing, crossing and decision making was poor. That doesn't mean I am making him a scapegoat or I'm not going to give him a chance.

Stevenson gave the ball away more than Doolan and Lawless put together and was second to the ball most of the night. Including the St Mirren goal.

How is thinking he was poor making him a scapegoat? In my opinion his passing, crossing and decision making was poor. That doesn't mean I am making him a scapegoat or I'm not going to give him a chance.

Stevenson gave the ball away more than Doolan and Lawless put together and was second to the ball most of the night. Including the St Mirren goal.

The whole team was second to the ball including Lawless and Doolan. Higgy was third to the ball.

For a guy who had just joined the club his crossing and decision making was okay, in fact on a couple of occasions it was really good but Lawless was criminally slow at actually hitting the shot that was put to him by Booth in the box. Plus his decision making and passing was above that of guys like Fraser, Higgy etc who really are capable of far better and have not just joined the team in the last 2 days

Edited by Third Lanark

Poor poor game and Thistle played right into their hands with resorting to the long ball.

Lawless was the only one who looked to have any creativity but it just wasn't happening.for him either.

This was a huge game but they just seemed off the pace tonight

Thistle need their top players to be performing but it just isn't happening for Higgy especially who looks a shadow of the player he was.

I watched it with my old man and i was making excuses as to how they were playing but the standard from both teams was poor.

St Mirren got the job done even if it was ugly, but Thistle could still be playing just now and they still wouldn't score.

The pitch was pretty bumpy which wasn't suited to the passing game but i don't think Thistle are suited the long ball game they resorted to at times but even when they tried this, the delivery of the long ball was poor and easily dealt with by the Saints defence.

Thistle need to hope guys like Higgy finds his form soon so they have players who can open up stubborn teams as where they are now sitting in the league it will be stubborn teams they will find themselves up against.

One last thing, Summer football all day long for me.

If you didn't post so much mince about The Rangers, I would regard you as one of the most astute posters on this forum. I agree almost entirely with your assessment although my preference would be to play more games in April & May rather than in Summer.

Osman getting the sponsors motm was a piss take. Is it just me that thinks he takes a step back from the ball then has to stretch for it to get some sort of control?

Will Goodwin take capt Stevenson out his pocket & give him back, do we want him back? No leadership there from the captain.

Bannigan you are not Barry Ferguson you are allowed to run & pass forward not just side to side.

Are Balatoni's boots to wee cause he struggled to clear the ball up the park a few times?

Two men on Lawless all the time no support.

This and the Motherwell game back in December were two games we should have bee totally up for from the start but we just seem to lack motivation.

• Like 3

The whole team was second to the ball including Lawless and Doolan. Higgy was third to the ball.

For a guy who had just joined the club his crossing and decision making was okay, in fact on a couple of occasions it was really good but Lawless was criminally slow at actually hitting the shot that was put to him by Booth in the box. Plus his decision making and passing was above that of guys like Fraser, Higgy etc who really are capable of far better and have not just joined the team in the last 2 days

Well I disagree. So, that means I'm making him a scapegoat?

And where in my original post did I say Higgy and Doolan should have stayed on? "Stinking" was my assessment of their performances. I just said how Stevenson stayed on was beyond me. I suggest you read my post again and then my follow up post.

Fraser can be added to the list of stinkees too.

We cannot break down teams who put every player behind the ball we had all of out best players on the park apart from Fraser who I felt made a huge difference for us but he was obviously told to go get the ball as often as possible. He should ALWAYS start if he's fit constantly wants the ball and tries thing others don't !! Felt bad for Doolan no service and when he did get the ball it could have put a hole in him he actually done well to bring the ball under control on a few occasions the way it was pinged at him ! Sievenson also every pass he got was aimed at his he may be decent in the air but last month has shown he's a ver good footballer felt we were the better team in one of those games yet again

Yeh thats bout it, new left back looked mediocre, thats modt +ve thing i can think of.

Booth - I've seen some bad debuts in my time. Right up there in my book. How some can say he did OK is surprising.

No idea what game the people who said Booth was decent were watching, I think I would've rather had Carroll there.

Words, for once, fail me!!

I finally forced myself to watch the highlights. Although the general view of those who were there seems to be that it was a dire team performance, it looks as though we actually carved open a good handful of scoring opportunities, and with a bit of luck one or two of those would have resulted in goals. SOD seemed to be in decent form in spite of all the recent talk, Lawless got in some good crosses, Booth looked decent enough in his first game. Their goal was basically a snatched shot at a loose ball.

Disappointed, but not at all despondent after seeing that.