Jags Vs St Mirren - 30/01/15 -

Paulo

As soon as the St Mirren goal went in it was game over.

Started poor and never recovered. Sideways at all times followed by long punts to shite centre halves made to look like world beaters.

I've seen it all before, getting sick of it.

I can't begin to describe how shite St Mirren were yet we never looked like scoring.

Booth was fine, got up and down the line well and defended well enough.

Absolutely shocking. Two poor poor teams, though Saints were up for it from the very start.

We were awful, Booth excepted- he seems to be a find.

What's with this high ball tactic all of a sudden? Thought it was Killies plastic pitch, but no- same again all night.

Looks like we expected another 5-0 just for turning up, pity we didn't turn up!

Just so frustrating, we should be beating these teams. Just keep it simple, instead of trying to walk the ball into the net.

P.S. think I actually saw Bannigan pass the ball forward, it was only once though! could have been a mis-hit.

And Fraser should have been on earlier instead of Higgy.

Edited by JAGSMAN1968

Brutal. If we're going to base play on thumping high balls into the penalty box, why don't we hire a couple of rough, tough journeymen to play as strikers?

I am so glad I didn't invite anyone to watch that game, reduced price or not.

To cap it all, we have to be the ones to end St Mirren's run of letting goals in.

Edited by Fearchar

Yup! Pretty poor but if you look at us over the last few seasons just WHEN have we been able to cope with a packed defence? When the old Ross County came to town we had no answer to them lining up in two banks of four. Nobody there to put his foot on the ball or anybody who can find room in the box and if we had who could pass it two yards accurately to somebody in space?

If you look at us we are dreadfully wasteful in the last third MOST OF THE time. How often do good positions just peter out ? It's happened soooo often. And if, like tonight, when we are behind and a team is determined to defend we have nothing to offer.

When a team "plays the game" and comes out we can be very good but nights like tonight, or a variation of them, just show up every shortcoming we have. No cuteness or creativity when/where it matters most.

We have taken ten goals off Hamilton in the last two and a half games but that's because they come at us, as do Inverness (similar good Thistle performances) but when anybody refuses to play we, like tonight, have no ideas.

I have no idea what the answer is but what good is it ranting like some on here? We have been like that for a long time.

Osman was absolutely disgraceful tonight. Played the hard man act all game, acceptable for a couple of early challenges but completely reductive for any length of time. Could easily have been sent of for his tackle on Osbourne. His in the face antics with Thompson were also disgraceful when the game was still going on around him. Higgy should consider himself lucky if he gets an offer from us.

that was really hard to watch tonight

thought booth def looks the part easily our best player

watching the highballs being punted forward to doolan was so bloody depressing

goodwin and co mopping them up all night

archie has got to have a plan b to combat teams that close up shop

it appears that was st midden's first clean sheet in 31 games

Unbelievably bad performance, totally woeful.

Stevo back to his brilliant worst. His display only beaten to bottom spot by our manager. How he kept Stevenson on the park is beyond me.

Booth - I've seen some bad debuts in my time. Right up there in my book. How some can say he did OK is surprising.

Gallacher, Balatoni, Doolan and Higgy were all stinking as well. I thought the only players near pass marks were Lawless, Osman and O'Donnell, who had a decent first half.

Yet again we have thrown away an opportunity and quite frankly the players and the manager let themselves and the club down tonight. So angry at the lack of fight and desire playing against an absolutely dreadful St Mirren team.

We now have a battle on our hands to avoid the relegation dogfight.

• Like 1

Very poor.....we made them look decent well no....

Can we go back to passing and moving please .....we will never get anywhere pumping long balls NEVER

Archie needs to have a re think

I don't think the pitch helps to be honest but other teams seem to adapt better than we do. We are happy just to punt hopeful long balls to our small striker.

Seem to have a real problem breaking teams down who sit in against us, Motherwell, Dundee and now St Mirren have all had positive results doing this. Tonight we got frustrated and resorted to launching long balls up to Doolan and Stevenson, which was totally the wrong tactic. Not really sure how long we can perservere with Higgy trying to recapture some sort of form, hasn't kicked a ball for weeks and hope Archie kicks his arse for heading straight to the tunnel when he got substituted and not supporting his team mates.

St Mirrens first clean sheet in 31 games says it all.

Never went. Never watched it. Never listened. Predicted a defeat. Low and behold, the mighty Jags never fail to disappoint. Thoroughly depressing but no doubt some unpredicted, unexplainable BS wonder performance is just around the corner.

You care so little about the team you paid no attention to the match yet you come on here and have a **** over how right you were? You need to get out in the daylight you ****tard.

Awful, frustrating performance. No pass marks as far as I am concerned. They must be one of the worst teams we have played in a long time and without the gift of a cheap goal it had a bore draw written all over it from the start.

We will not be in trouble we are too good for that but that doesn't matter when you turn up you expect better as we are better than teams like them and yet they have turned up for 6 points!!

What really gets me is the complete lack of composure when it counts, we really get it wrong at the key moments and make it easy at times eg Frasers wayward long range shot.

Stevo back to his brilliant worst. His display only beaten to bottom spot by our manager. How he kept Stevenson on the park is beyond me.

Booth - I've seen some bad debuts in my time. Right up there in my book. How some can say he did OK is surprising.

Gallacher, Balatoni, Doolan and Higgy were all stinking as well. I thought the only players near pass marks were Lawless, Osman and O'Donnell, who had a decent first half.

Yet again we have thrown away an opportunity and quite frankly the players and the manager let themselves and the club down tonight. So angry at the lack of fight and desire playing against an absolutely dreadful St Mirren team.

Maybe a bit harsh on the boy Booth but I thought his decision making and passing were very poor.

Poor poor game and Thistle played right into their hands with resorting to the long ball.

Lawless was the only one who looked to have any creativity but it just wasn't happening.for him either.

This was a huge game but they just seemed off the pace tonight

Thistle need their top players to be performing but it just isn't happening for Higgy especially who looks a shadow of the player he was.

I watched it with my old man and i was making excuses as to how they were playing but the standard from both teams was poor.

St Mirren got the job done even if it was ugly, but Thistle could still be playing just now and they still wouldn't score.

The pitch was pretty bumpy which wasn't suited to the passing game but i don't think Thistle are suited the long ball game they resorted to at times but even when they tried this, the delivery of the long ball was poor and easily dealt with by the Saints defence.

Thistle need to hope guys like Higgy finds his form soon so they have players who can open up stubborn teams as where they are now sitting in the league it will be stubborn teams they will find themselves up against.

One last thing, Summer football all day long for me.

Edited by billko

We were absolutely shocking tonight. Worst performance since we came up. I would hate to watch St Mirren every week, but they dealt with us so comfortably. No idea what game the people who said Booth was decent were watching, I think I would've rather had Carroll there.

Awful game generally. Only highlights were Osman and Osbourne's battles. That'll be Osbourne out for the rest of the season now, Saints fans are lucky he lasted this long though.

Hopefully that'll be the last of the talk about top 6 and we can concentrate on staying up, and maybe trying to string two consecutive results (that aren't losses) together.

Edited by GinolasBald
  • Like 1

Probably kept Stevo on because he at least looked like he could score unlike Doolan and Lawless whose headers and shots were nothing but passbacks.

You think Higgy and Doolan should have been kept on? - I'll have what your on

As for Booth unlike the others this was his first game in the team and only met the players 2 days ago - unlike half the team he tried throughout, was okay tackling got by the St Mirren defence a few times and put in a few decent crosses into the box - not his fault Doolan and co were too toothless to go for them. The lad looks like he got potential how about giving him a chance instead of making him a scapegoat already

• Like 1

Seem to have a real problem breaking teams down who sit in against us, Motherwell, Dundee and now St Mirren have all had positive results doing this. Tonight we got frustrated and resorted to launching long balls up to Doolan and Stevenson, which was totally the wrong tactic. Not really sure how long we can perservere with Higgy trying to recapture some sort of form, hasn't kicked a ball for weeks and hope Archie kicks his arse for heading straight to the tunnel when he got substituted and not supporting his team mates.

St Mirrens first clean sheet in 31 games says it all.

I was hoping it was because he couldnt look anyone in the eye after his gutless performance.

Loved the North Stand banner that was unveiled -Absolute cracker

Edited by Third Lanark

You care so little about the team you paid no attention to the match yet you come on here and have a **** over how right you were? You need to get out in the daylight you ****tard.

I got BBC Sport app alerts on my phone. Does a kick off, goal, half time and then full time alert not count as caring? Could not be arsed wi the whole shed bring a friend baws the night. Could see a defeat a million miles away and chose to avoid. I struggle to get excited by how appallingly inconsistent we are and by the sounds of it I made the right decision. Done the whole blindly follow the jags thing for years. Other things to worry about these days, but hey, you carry on ClydebankJag.