Ross County

Auld Jag

Gallacher

Finnie Seaborne Frans Booth

McDaid Fraser Craigen Elliott

Stevenson

Doolan

Subs. Baselaj, Taylor, Lawless, Wilson, Bannigan, Balatoni

I have to ask..... Do you want us to win? Craigan, Elliott & mcdaid in the middle of the park will probably mean we won't. Also Doolan instead of taylor. I'm a fan of dools but it's universally excepted that Taylor is a better player. IMO Fraser, higginbotham (despite his poor form), lawless, Stevenson & Taylor have to play as to put it simply, they are our best players. Elliott has been decent this season and really puts in a shift but we need some quality on Saturday as county have the bit between their teeth. Craigan seems a good guy who also puts a shift in but he is just not top league standard. Let's cut out the guessing who our best team is and put some faith in the players we know are our best. Maybe then we can get that consistency we all crave.

I have to ask..... Do you want us to win? Craigan, Elliott & mcdaid in the middle of the park will probably mean we won't. Also Doolan instead of taylor. I'm a fan of dools but it's universally excepted that Taylor is a better player. IMO Fraser, higginbotham (despite his poor form), lawless, Stevenson & Taylor have to play as to put it simply, they are our best players. Elliott has been decent this season and really puts in a shift but we need some quality on Saturday as county have the bit between their teeth. Craigan seems a good guy who also puts a shift in but he is just not top league standard. Let's cut out the guessing who our best team is and put some faith in the players we know are our best. Maybe then we can get that consistency we all crave.

I did swither between Lawless and McDaid. Higginbotham has done hee haw for months even accounting for his comeback for injury. Bannigan has went backwards this season (more sideways to be exact). As for Taylor, I wasn't that fussed we re-signed him. I am happy with Doolan who has been constantly left adrift up front and starved of service . I am content with what I have chose, of course,that won't be the side. But it's mine all the same.

I did swither between Lawless and McDaid. Higginbotham has done hee haw for months even accounting for his comeback for injury. Bannigan has went backwards this season (more sideways to be exact). As for Taylor, I wasn't that fussed we re-signed him. I am happy with Doolan who has been constantly left adrift up front and starved of service . I am content with what I have chose, of course,that won't be the side. But it's mine all the same.

You might be fussed with Taylor come May when he saves us from the drop - Watch this space

Fair play, your opinion is as important as everyone else's. Also agree with you about Higgy but hoping that his 'close'relationship with Taylor may kick start some performances.

We need to play the most attack minded team possible tomorrow, without compromising defensive cover, therefore if Bannigan and Seabourne are missing my team would be;

Gallagher

O'Donnell Balatoni Frans Booth

Osman Fraser

Lawless Doolan Higginbotham

Taylor

I know that's a pretty expansive team and playing it would mean needin to get the first goal, if we did then I think the attacking guys on the team would keep County busy and pinned back

• Like 1

We need to play the most attack minded team possible tomorrow, without compromising defensive cover, therefore if Bannigan and Seabourne are missing my team would be;

Gallagher

O'Donnell Balatoni Frans Booth

Osman Fraser

Lawless Doolan Higginbotham

Taylor

I know that's a pretty expansive team and playing it would mean needin to get the first goal, if we did then I think the attacking guys on the team would keep County busy and pinned back

I've rarely ever guessed the line up correctly but the above, substituting Doolan for Stevenson, wouldn't surprise me. Wee bit worried about starting both Lawless and Higgy as neither has been good in recent weeks. Enough been said about Higginbotham but Wee Stevie, who had been so consistently outstanding, has been poor in his last few outings. Gamble worth taking all the same but imo preferable to have Stevo either side of them rather than Doolan.

Wasn't it Ross County at Firhill last season we went with Taylor, and Doolan just in behind? Let's not play like that again.

We did it against Hibs (3-1) in mid-March which worked in extremis.

I do think we tried it once more, maybe Hearts at home when a certain Ryan Stevenson showed us up (??), and it failed miserably.

Let's go for it. An attacking line up and all out attack from kick off. No side to side or backwards negative *****ing about. Quick pace and tempo. Have a real go and run at them.

No room for passengers in the team today. Get the crowd going and we can help them over the winning line.

C'mon the Jags!

• Like 1

know some view p&b but for those that don't, the following post from a rossco supporter in the match thread stood out. don't know if good or bad if players (and us supporters) know this stat ..... upside is if we can get opening goal, all in red and yellow can ratch up their confidence and belief we can secure the three points ..... but on the downside, if we concede a goal first, then do heads go down of both jags players and supporters knowing best we'll likely get is a point if rossco stat form stays true?

reinforces my and others thoughts we need to go for it from the off ..... and every player and supporter giving one hundred percent ..... no lapses in intensity or concentration today either.

let's send them back to dingwall pointless, be in their faces and ears from the off. don't let them into the game, and even if they do, we quickly put them back out it.

we're better than rossco ..... let's really show it today jags.

The closer we get to another kick-off, the greater the feeling of unease that builds up. Last week was thoroughly enjoyable, without being overly impressive. Our run following on from our previous morale-boosting win (a more impressive win, at that) was horrendous, with any thoughts that we had turned a corner vanishing very quickly. I would be delighted with a draw.

Having said all that, it is amazing how quickly things can change. 8 days ago I was totally prepared for the prospect of our season being over with us 9 points adrift of everyone... suddenly, if by some miracle we manage another win again today, we could reasonably claim to be within touching distance of 9th place.

Also worth noting how vitally important opening goals have been this season in County games. Only once have we taken anything from a game after conceding first, and we have never lost after scoring first.

As I said, I would be delighted with a point today.