Stevenson, Osman, Fraser, Seabourne, O'donnell

Big Col

My observations on his contribution today.

did stevo steal your polo mints at school?

Was he playing in defence today? Interesting you don't blame Frans but blame him

Both craigen and mcdaid have said in interview recently that they appreciated the time stevo takes to go over things with them and provide advice

Archie says he is first in at training and last to leave

He won last month player of the month and in 2015 I can say has been one of the few players to look proud to play for partick thistle - I'd say Elliot does as well

I actually agree that Elliot is labelled unfairly a scapegoat in the same way that you are regularly on here blaming stevo for results.

Elliot was to blame for one if the goals today however he always gives his all and never hides.

I suggest you get over your own personal dislike and scapegoating of Stevenson though and realise if anyone's going to help us stay up then its him

I await your summary of his positive contributions with baited breath.....

Fair play to all that go into the North Stand to watch the game and ALL the reasons why they choose too.

For me I hate that view as it is forced on us at away games.

I choose to have a much better balanced view of the game not an eye squinting view of what could be a striker 10 or is it 25 yards from goal talking a shot.

North Stand. So I have a good view.

Just remind me what he did today. Or last week? Or the week before?

how about try and show some pride in wearing the jersey and the same for the last few weeks. Something at least half the team didn't do in any of those games but hey that won't bother you since you've got your own scapegoat in the exact same way some have got it in for Elliot

I thought it quite unfair to have a thread solely about Elliott when the disgrace today was not just down to him.

All players need to take responsibility.

Forxwhst it's wierh I thought those named above were dreadful and contributed little.

So don't just scapegoat one player.

you missed out frans and booth from your thread title.

sentences one two and four, no disagreement with.

You just wonder who's on a pre contract and who's willing to put a shift in.

This.

Chances are we'll not be told as it'll confrim suspicions but, & I've said this before, anyone who decides 6 months before their contract up to sign with another club should be punted immediately or left to kick their heels on the sidelines.

• Like 1

If the manager drops all the players as suggested on here, who exactly is going to wear the jerseys?

I personally wouldn't say Stevenson and Osman have chucked it but let's say you do include them, it would have to be something like:

Gallacher

Finnie - Balatoni - Richards-Everton - Booth

Wilson - Craigen

McDaid - Doolan - Elliott

Taylor

Not good...

One thing I would do for the next match is bring in Higginbotham. With his relationship with Taylor, and the fact that Taylor is performing, could bring him back to form. He's been poor but he does at least try and looks disappointed in himself when it doesn't come off. We need him to come good, and I'd back him to do it. Replace McDaid with him, who looks promising but shouldn't really be called upon to save our season. We'll see more from him next season - he's Lawless' replacement.

I'd also make a change in our defence. Whether that's Frans or Seaborne, really just toss a coin. In fact replacing them both with Balatoni and Richards-Everton might not be the worst thing. Would never have imagined myself saying this a couple of months ago as we finally seemed to have found two gems at the back, but what has happened to them?

Fraser needs dropped as soon as possible. Looks a shell of the player he once was and is contributing absolutely nothing. Again, what has happened to him? I'd probably have Craigen come in for him, possibly Bannigan who has been very poor recently but he seems to have the right attitude and could come good.

Stevenson, Osman and O'Donnell (just) should still be starting, for me.

Gallagher

O'Donnell Seabourne Frans Elliott

Bannigan Craigen

Lawless Stevenson Higginbotham

Taylor

Or something similar. Maybe Balatoni for Seabourne.

And tell them that's the team for two games barring injuries or suspensions, and it's their jersey to lose. I'm concerned that we now have quite a large squad of players of similar standing, and Archie's been trying too hard to keep them all happy, possibly with little success.

Gallagher

Bannigan Craigen

Taylor

Or something similar. Maybe Balatoni for Seabourne.

And tell them that's the team for two games barring injuries or suspensions, and it's their jersey to lose. I'm concerned that we now have quite a large squad of players of similar standing, and Archie's been trying too hard to keep them all happy, possibly with little success.

How is Elliott in your team. Were you at the game yesterday? He sold two goals. He is the reason we lost.

• Like 1

Gallagher

Bannigan Craigen

Taylor

I have absolutley no idea what players to stick with and drop now. What we are doing formation wise doesn't work , what we are doing style wise doesn't work , team selections arent working.

I'd be going for a far more defensive line up and playing on the counter attack. Definatley start Higgy and Taylor and make LT captain as he is the only one who gave a fvck yesterday.

Edited by angry gaz

Bosman for Osman - to be a full time professional player and a) be as slow and b always look for anything other than a forward pass is feckin criminal. Banzo is not far behind but both of then and Fraser have all been woeful for months.

A more worrying thing generally is that many (perhaps both fans and certain players) have gone past the anger stage and are merely apethetic - players should be screaming at each other to demand more in a game like yday not feckin arse about at an opposition penalty

Edited by sick in the basin