Safety ?

Dick Dastardly

I expect both Motherwell and Ross to win midweek. Saturday game is going to be massive. Three of the 4 teams in the play off place are playing well, Killie aren't and with Aberdeen and Celtic to come for them before the split, it could be incredibly tight come 5.00 next Saturday! Still think we will be safe if we beat Motherwell next Saturday

We've got some major work to do this weekend brother - not to mention your own reputation being at stake!!!

The one that you've set yourself up for man.

Read your previous posts.

Do the business this weekend and you should be out of jail, though. :thumbsup2:

Explain? I have posted thousands of posts so please point me in the right direction, man!!

Edited by Lindau

We are talking about the game v. Motherwell and you concentrate on cheap shots on another poster. Pathetic.

Ain't got a clue what he is talking about GRE...lol. It's been quiet for the last few weeks on here, but expect the usual culprits making a return

I'll agree with you on that statement tonight.

Be honest though, should we not be safe and out of sight of play-offs by now?

Why? We are three points short of our points total from last season with SEVEN games to go. Nobody could have possibly envisaged Motherwell and especially Ross hitting winning runs like this. Nobody should discount Killie being involved in the mix up.

I'll agree with you on that statement tonight.

Be honest though, should we not be safe and out of sight of play-offs by now?

We don't have a divine right to be safe from anything. Ross County, Motherwell and St. Mirren are all paying higher wages than us. We've been frustratingly inconsistent at times yes, but we already have more points at this stage than we did last season, so progress is being made.

Why? We are three points short of our points total from last season with SEVEN games to go. Nobody could have possibly envisaged Motherwell and especially Ross hitting winning runs like this. Nobody should discount Killie being involved in the mix up.

20 points by Christmas, so why are we even involved?

• Like 1

20 points by Christmas, so why are we even involved?

We are because two teams have hit a fantastic run of form. Let's not forget that we are playing well. There is plenty of football to be played yet before we start the knicker wetting. One things for sure, it's gonna be an exciting end to the season.

• Like 2

We don't have a divine right to be safe from anything. Ross County, Motherwell and St. Mirren are all paying higher wages than us. We've been frustratingly inconsistent at times yes, but we already have more points at this stage than we did last season, so progress is being made.

No divine right implied - just an aspiration to have AN ability to manage ourselves out of the usual fall back of 'we have less money than everyone else so mediocrity is acceptable'.

It's been so refreshing to hear Neilson and Budge this week stating that they want to make inroads into the top six next season and not just survive in the SPL following their well-deserved promotion.

What's wrong with Partick Thistle having a similar ambition?

A truly insane run of results for Ross and Motherwell, coupled with a decent run from us means that I would be getting twitchy if I were (heaven forfend) a Killie fan. While it is worrying for us, it must be very frustrating for both Well and Ross that such good runs haven't pulled them anywhere near safety.

I also suspect that whoever is in 11th (unless possibly it's a Killie side in freefall) will win any play-off. It would be disappointing for whichever Championship club to the final, that they might meet a team in reasonable form, rather than the dispirited side you might normally expect to meet.

No divine right implied - just an aspiration to have AN ability to manage ourselves out of the usual fall back of 'we have less money than everyone else so mediocrity is acceptable'.

It's been so refreshing to hear Neilson and Budge this week stating that they want to make inroads into the top six next season and not just survive in the SPL following their well-deserved promotion.

We don't have 15,000 fans at Firhill every fortnight!

We are because two teams have hit a fantastic run of form. Let's not forget that we are playing well. There is plenty of football to be played yet before we start the knicker wetting. One things for sure, it's gonna be an exciting end to the season.

Yes but you conveniently forget to mention that we failed to take even one point from three games v St Mirren and Ross County in January and February.

Go figure where we could be now if we we could defend corners....................

Yes but you conveniently forget to mention that we failed to take even one point from three games v St Mirren and Ross County in January and February.

Go figure where we could be now if we we could defend corners....................

And you conveniently forget that we haven't lost a goal in our last three games, have beaten three top 6 sides and drawn with the second best side in the land away from home in the last few weeks!! Not worth argueing about. Not quite sure what our club can do about the form Ross and Motherwell are in at the moment but no doubt the manager will be to blame!

• Like 3

I'm all for having ambition and have stated this in the past.

But Hearts are consistently pulling in crowds of 15,000. We simply cannot compete with that. So it's a ridiculous comparison.

Based on where we've been in the last 30 years these are golden days for PTFC. We need to walk before we can run. Progress is being made on the park and I think we should be looking to build on that gradually, not expect everything to happen at once.

• Like 3

Think the fact that we have lost one goal in our last 5 games against some of the better teams in the league proves that our defenders are doing their job pretty well. This must be a new one for you. We weren't even playing tonight and you are back having digs at the team. Anyway, early start tomorrow. No time for this nonsense