Safety ?

Dick Dastardly

We are certainly not safe yet, with two hard games coming up we could easily be a few points ahead of Ross and the Well by the time of the split. This team has something about them and respond well to adversity so I am confident they will react well if that does happen and pull clear.

For what it is worth I don't think who ever ends up in the play offs other than St Mirren will win them and stay up.

I see on BBC gossip that Gary Teale has targeted 12 points from St Mirren's remaining games to escape relegation. I genuinely hope that works out for him.

Clueless! Banking Motherwell getting less than 8 points from 8 games - unlikely with MacDonald and Pearce making a big impact. County have a good team work ethic (now) and I think we do have the quality. What do St Mirren have? Not even got McLean. Their certs for the drop and now it does seem a two way tie for the play-off spot. A win in one of our games vs Motherwell will see us safe.

Are you speaking in tongues, for a reason?

No, but being a bit obscure, apologies. My brother and I have always shared a superstition (which often plays out uncannily) that as soon as you say something too optimistic regarding Thistle the very opposite has a tendency to happen. The power of the dumb comment. Just concerned that you'd jinxed us that's all.

Hocus pocus

Think that's us 30 games into the season and we've the 5th best goal difference in the league. Be quite surprised if it's anything but a unique situation that a team with a positive goal difference so late into a season is still deemed "not safe". Also that's nine points out of twelve (six goals for and just one against) yet I'm not so sure that we're that much safer than we were four games ago. Put another way a few weeks ago I wouldn't have expected that we'd need anything close to three wins against the likes of Dundee Utd, St J & ICT just to stay relatively "safe".

Really strange that we're still not in a confident enough position to start work on the contract renewals.

I was thinking the same thing about our goal difference...its unbelievable really that we have a plus 3 gd at this stage in the season and yet find ourselves trying to avoid relegation!

I've felt that for some time, GJ. Much of the criticism of team and manager has conveniently overlooked the goal difference. OK, we've often failed to grind out results and see games out but the wholesale slagging of team and management is and has been way OTT

• Like 1

Think that's us 30 games into the season and we've the 5th best goal difference in the league. Be quite surprised if it's anything but a unique situation that a team with a positive goal difference so late into a season is still deemed "not safe". Also that's nine points out of twelve (six goals for and just one against) yet I'm not so sure that we're that much safer than we were four games ago. Put another way a few weeks ago I wouldn't have expected that we'd need anything close to three wins against the likes of Dundee Utd, St J & ICT just to stay relatively "safe".

Really strange that we're still not in a confident enough position to start work on the contract renewals.

Thing is, if we'd have lost the three against saints, United and ICT but won the two against county, we'd perhaps be in a better position. The anomaly is that we've taken fewer points from county, st Mirren and Motherwell than any other team in the league yet picked up a fair few decent wins against top six sides. If we won against the so called six pointers we'd be safe, but then we wouldn't be thistle.

I've felt that for some time, GJ. Much of the criticism of team and manager has conveniently overlooked the goal difference. OK, we've often failed to grind out results and see games out but the wholesale slagging of team and management is and has been way OTT

Yeah even on our worst run of results I've thought how can we have such a good goal differnce and be where we are!

We have had spells when I myself seriously doubted Archie and the team, but after this recent run of form at such a vital time when we are within touching distance of securing our prem status for a second consecutive season AND on a positive goal difference I'm proud to be a jags fan :)

Thing is, if we'd have lost the three against saints, United and ICT but won the two against county, we'd perhaps be in a better position. The anomaly is that we've taken fewer points from county, st Mirren and Motherwell than any other team in the league yet picked up a fair few decent wins against top six sides. If we won against the so called six pointers we'd be safe, but then we wouldn't be thistle.

thats a good point, getting most our wins against teams higher than us and losing to teams below us

We are safer in that there are fewer games for the teams below us to catch up the points,but I take your point.