Safety ?

Dick Dastardly

Doh.... I was looking for "Down Down" by the Quo!

doh indeed ..... don't know of (or can find) a literal version of down down.

bbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .....................................

hows about this ..... down down prices are down ..... performed by the quo, filmed at the famous abbey road studios ..... a three minute advert for coles of australia.

http://www.youtu.be/XB383WkXcqE

doh indeed ..... don't know of (or can find) a literal version of down down.

bbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .....................................

hows about this ..... down down prices are down ..... performed by the quo, filmed at the famous abbey road studios ..... a three minute advert for coles of australia.

http://www.youtu.be/XB383WkXcqE

That's great! :thumbsup2:

County have gathered momentum and now Motherwell are doing the same, next it'll be St.Mirren...... we need a win the morra, back to back wins and safety SURELY secured. Cmon!

Motherwell aren't gathering momentum, they beat a Hamilton team in free fall.

Have you seen even the slightest scrap of evidence, to suggest St Mirren have the ability to gather any sort of momentum?

Have you seen even the slightest scrap of evidence, to suggest St Mirren have the ability to gather any sort of momentum?

Agree on both points but did we see Ross County all of a sudden being able to gather the momentum they have.

When it comes to the split, if a team I below us is able to gather momentum then we could find ourselves in danger.

That's why I think any result today is important. A win especially & you could argue that for the first time this season we have some momentum.

Agree on both points but did we see Ross County all of a sudden being able to gather the momentum they have.

When it comes to the split, if a team I below us is able to gather momentum then we could find ourselves in danger.

That's why I think any result today is important. A win especially & you could argue that for the first time this season we have some momentum.

You could argue yes, you could. McIntyre had always stated, judge him once it's his team, and since the window, it is his team. Historically, County have always bounced back in the new year, so again, there was evidence to suggest it would happen.

I think St Mirren are down, they are a shambles from pitch to backroom to boardroom. They have managed to completely kill off everything they were doing well in a shambles of a season.

The play off place will be a fight between the other two. I'd be shocked if we got dragged back. In fact I think it's well within our capability to be safe by the split.

So Motherwell since signing McDonald have picked up 7 points in 4 games, scoring 8 goals, conceding 3 thats not momentum no?

Compared to the previous 8 games where they picked up 1 point scoring 5 and conceding 23.

As for St.Mirren I've not seen any evidence yet but I don't think anyone saw the massive county revival coming either and I wouldnt be surprised if st.mirren found some momentum before the seasons out.

Anyway think we're safe now :)

Edited by Gingerjag

Anyway think we're safe now :)

Given our next two games I don't think we are safe yet. The bottom could tighten up considerably (missus!) by the time we play our next home game, but the thing to consider for all those that said we were going backwards a few weeks back is that with 8 games to go, we only need 4 points to beat last seasons points total, then again, it's no surprise that the people in question have been exceptionally quiet over the last few weeks!!

Edited by Lindau

Three wins in the last 4 games is actually pretty impressive - 3 clean sheets and only one goal conceded (needless to say it was a winning goal).

Having said that - I presume Ross have sufficient momentum to get out of trouble.

Motherwell may well (no pun intended) get a kick on from last night and have some winnable games before the split - (Killie (A), St. Mirren (H) and a game at Firhill).

St. Mirren look as if they need a really good result but next up for them is C'tic at Ferguslie Park - which is perhaps not good news (but perhaps just what they need?).

It isn't over yet and the 5 post-split fixtures will be dog-eat-dog (which can work in our favour of course). Strangely we might end up in a bottom 6 (if Hamilton, Killie, Ross, Motherwell and St. Mirren are the other 5) where we have played 4 of the other 5 teams twice at Firhill already - so a manipulation will potentially be needed to equalise home and away fixtures (we will have 2 at home and 3 away presumably).

Strangely we might end up in a bottom 6 (if Hamilton, Killie, Ross, Motherwell and St. Mirren are the other 5) where we have played 4 of the other 5 teams twice at Firhill already - so a manipulation will potentially be needed to equalise home and away fixtures (we will have 2 at home and 3 away presumably).

That's a certainty.