Safety ?

Dick Dastardly

I hate Ross County.

Can I ask why? They appear to me to be a tidy, well-run club with a loyal support. For several years now they have survived in the top league, in spite of ICT's efforts to monopolise the Highlands in terms of professional football. In fact in many ways they are similar to us, except perhaps they have the luxury of a rich supporter who steps in with cash for players when needed.

• Like 2

Ginger,

I can understand why it would be perceived that they have gathered momentum. But in reality, their run of four games is exactly the run we've had for the whole season. WDLW.

Have we actually carried some sort of momentum for the whole season?

Their 2 wins have been separated by a draw and a defeat, so I'd be reluctant to say that that is gathering momentum.

What I would say is worth noting is that they are unbeaten at home in their last 4.

As for up to the split, I think we'll take 4 points, Motherwell 4, county 5 and St Mirren zero.

It's the football that Ross County have been playing for years that has put me against them, dating back to the First division. Cynical, time wasting and over physical. Never liked Derek Adams.

By the way, anyone noticed McNamara morphing into Derek Adams? Always someone else's fault, never giving credit to others, snidely wee hidden remarks. To be fair he was probably always like that (I remember not liking his programme comments when he managed us), but he gets a lot more exposure now. Anyway, apologies for off topic.

No question that if you'd told me before the United game that we'd get nine points out of twelve, I'd have thought it would put us completely safe. At that point it would have left two teams out of three needing 17 points from 12 games. You wouldn't have expected them to get that.

Whether you can call Motherwell's run "momentum" may be be debatable, but they're certainly looking a lot more dangerous than they were.

Making 'jokes' out of others usernames = grown-up behaviour on this forum.

Without knowing for definite I will assume the person you are referring to you was referring to me. Best thing I have ever done was put him on ignore. It's nice to have sensible discussions with fellow jags fans without having to watch for nugget or spangle alerts...lol

I've felt that for some time, GJ. Much of the criticism of team and manager has conveniently overlooked the goal difference. OK, we've often failed to grind out results and see games out but the wholesale slagging of team and management is and has been way OTT

To be fair M'Lady there are only around 3 or 4 on here that have regularly slagged the manager and team off and goodness me they have gone exceptionally quiet, just like last year. Pretty sure they will return if we don't hammer Aberdeen and Celtic in our next two games!

To be fair M'Lady there are only around 3 or 4 on here that have regularly slagged the manager and team off and goodness me they have gone exceptionally quiet, just like last year. Pretty sure they will return if we don't hammer Aberdeen and Celtic in our next two games!

Yeah, I recall one guy called The Mug, or something like that. He's usualy very vocal and yet we haven't heard from him at all regarding these three recent wins. I hope he's OK.

Yeah, I recall one guy called The Mug, or something like that. He's usualy very vocal and yet we haven't heard from him at all regarding these three recent wins. I hope he's OK.

Was that the one with the Titanic picture who'd resigned himself to relegation? It's a shame. He's obviously stopped checking the results.

• Like 1

Without knowing for definite I will assume the person you are referring to you was referring to me. Best thing I have ever done was put him on ignore. It's nice to have sensible discussions with fellow jags fans without having to watch for nugget or spangle alerts...lol

You are not alone Lindau. It the same childish names with me. I don't have anyone on ignore, I just don't respond anymore.

You are not alone Lindau. It the same childish names with me. I don't have anyone on ignore, I just don't respond anymore.

i have just accepted he is a stupid child/troll GRE. The name calling doesn't bother me, too old for that, it is the actions of a spoilt child, however the constant attacks on the manager and team just ground me down. After every defeat, it was the same old, same old, with about 20 lines per post with him trying to justify why Archie should be sacked. As I have said, would be interesting to know how many times he has posted in the last few weeks. Best thing I ever did was put him on ignore and I don't intend to ever change that. Feed the troll and he thrives on it, ignore the troll and he fades away. Plenty of great Jags fans on here to have grown up conversations with. The fact that he does the name calling, sums him up perfectly.

Ginger,

I can understand why it would be perceived that they have gathered momentum. But in reality, their run of four games is exactly the run we've had for the whole season. WDLW.

Have we actually carried some sort of momentum for the whole season?

Their 2 wins have been separated by a draw and a defeat, so I'd be reluctant to say that that is gathering momentum.

What I would say is worth noting is that they are unbeaten at home in their last 4.

As for up to the split, I think we'll take 4 points, Motherwell 4, county 5 and St Mirren zero.

I still think motherwell have got wee bit momentum but anyway I hope they get relegated after dodging it back in 2003.

I know we have had momentum not disagreeing with that.

Liking the love in above.

I'll state again what I did a few weeks ago- this started when I was called names for expressing an opinion & backing it up with facts.

Some may think I'm a troll because I have a different opinion than them, that's up to then. Just dint start bleating when you get a taste of your own medicine.

I've noticed over the last few weeks some have been conspicuous by their absence. Others have changed their opinion. Some have even changed it back again.

I have to give the manager credit for his changing of tactics over last couple game. It's brought the best out if Bannigan & a couple others.

It's still concerning that it took a number of consecutive defeats & until mid Match for this to happen. Also the fact a few injuries & suspensions may have forced his hand but nonetheless whether by accident or design he's proved me wrong last couple games re tactical awareness.

Now here's the thing, I genuinely thought that a win Saturday would see us one victory from safety.

Looking at Motherwell, Ross Co & Kilmarnock's next 3 fixtures compared to ours then the Motherwell game pre split might see us having to win it not to go level on points with Mitherwell & below Ross Co at that point.

The St Mirren defeat & Ross County double loss in our shocking run would look even worse should that be the case.

The manager has impressed me with his team & tactics over last month - even Dungwall where he was let down by a certain player. But as the saying goes, one swallow & all that.

I'm not going to put anyone on ignore as willing to debate in a grown up fashion with those who are 'grown up' but neither am I going to apologise for giving out what are indeed childish names. But as I said, you can't take it, don't give it out.

I will apologise if this seems to be an attention seeking post like Lunda likes posting as it's not meant to be!

Edited by Bleeding Gums Murphy

I've noticed over the last few weeks some have been conspicuous by their absence. Others have changed their opinion. Some have even changed it back again.

Things happen to make you change opinion. For example at the time of the Steve Lawless tweet my opinion was Arch should terminate his contract and some of the youth players should come in atleast they'll show hunger.

Well since then we've turned it around and now my opinion is Arch did the right thing over Lawless clearly.

I was wrong on that one but atleast I can admit that unlike some on here..

Edited by Gingerjag

I'm glad we don't have our own version of Roy McGregor.

The situation at County is completely unsustainable long term. A club should be solvent and naturally find their level. McGregor has been ploughing in money twice a year just to keep them in the league. That will have to come to an end at some stage - I'm sure his kids are wondering how much of their inheritance will be left at this rate.

The real turning point for Gretna was when Mileson's children got power of attorney. The first thing they did was cut off the football club completely to protect their inheritance. Can't blame them for that really. But the point is, the same could happen to County and it could force them in to admin or even worse.

• Like 1

Things happen to make you change opinion. For example at the time of the Steve Lawless tweet my opinion was Arch should terminate his contract and some of the youth players should come in atleast they'll show hunger.

Well since then we've turned it around and now my opinion is Arch did the right thing over Lawless clearly.

I was wrong on that one but atleast I can admit that unlike some on here..

I said the same re Lawless as wasn't first occasion & also not playing O'Donnell as he 'seems' to have committed his future elsewhere.

2 players that have scored big goals in last few weeks.

I still stand by fact that as soon as we're safe (fingers crossed) the guys who intimate they're off next season should be sat down for the rest of the season. Give a few younger players a chance.

^^^^^ dougie rae at mor ten two, is another roy mcgregor / mileson type..... when that gravy train (of putting yearly losses aside by means of the golden casket (ironic given future circumstances)) comes to an end, the delusional better than you idiots of inverclyde could well find themselves sinking into oblivion just like their adjacent shipyards did.

I said the same re Lawless as wasn't first occasion & also not playing O'Donnell as he 'seems' to have committed his future elsewhere.

2 players that have scored big goals in last few weeks.

I still stand by fact that as soon as we're safe (fingers crossed) the guys who intimate they're off next season should be sat down for the rest of the season. Give a few younger players a chance.

Yeah I was the same re O'Donnell but he's won back my support - a cracking player on his day and has bags of potential in an attacking sense ofcourse.

I would like to see some young players given a chance if we secure safety but its also important to finish as high as possible for Archie's budget next season.

^^^^^ dougie rae at mor ten two, is another roy mcgregor / mileson type..... when that gravy train (of putting yearly losses aside by means of the golden casket (ironic given future circumstances)) comes to an end, the delusional better than you idiots of inverclyde could well find themselves sinking into oblivion just like their adjacent shipyards did.

Don't think County's situation is exactly the same as Morton. Rae pumped a lot of money into them but little (if any) of it was used to properly develop the club. He blew his money on players to get them up the leagues quick but didn't seem to have a proper plan even doing that so it ended up wasted and the club in a worse state than when he started.

County at least sem to have the basics in place, a decent wee ground (let's face it Cappilow is and has been for years a dump) with a decent support and don't appear to have any money problems. OK without their sugar daddy they probably would have been regulated a couple of years back but when his money runs out they will still be a decent, well run club - though probably in a lower division. My point being that sure there's a guy that pumps money in but the folk who run the club have ensured it is run OK and will be in future. they just won't always be able to buy their top league position.

Edited by Mr Bunny