Safety ?

Dick Dastardly

Carefull. There will be "TLB seen on Maryhill Road" rumours starting soon

May 2nd is my date with destiny. Quick pint in The Firhill Tavern then off to see us draw with St Mirren under 19's. Goin crazy and doing Hamilton for 2 in a row on the rail replacement bus. Pure nuts me. Edited by The Legend Blows

Without knowing for definite, let me guess that GUMS is having a dig at me, calling me Linda or other stupid childish names and has not mentioned once about how well the team and the manager are doing or why he has disappeared since Saturday's result! Absolute proof the child is a 100% troll, who can't handle it when his 50 line rantings about the manager and the team have been proven to be utter rubbish....lol Anyway, I personally won't let this thread deteriorate by posting replies to an obvious nugget and spangle. Life is too short for all that stupidity and with the schools being back on Monday and exams coming up he hopefully will be too busy studying to get involved on here, not that I will see his rantings anyway!

Edited by Lindau

May 2nd is my date with destiny. Quick pint in The Firhill Tavern then off to see us draw with St Mirren under 19's. Goin crazy and doing Hamilton for 2 in a row on the rail replacement bus. Pure nuts me.

Draw with St. Mirren just like we would get beat off Motherwell?

Without knowing for definite, let me guess that GUMS is having a dig at me, calling me Linda or other stupid childish names and has not mentioned once about how well the team and the manager are doing or why he has disappeared since Saturday's result! Absolute proof the child is a 100% troll, who can't handle it when his 50 line rantings about the manager and the team have been proven to be utter rubbish....lol Anyway, I personally won't let this thread deteriorate by posting replies to an obvious nugget and spangle. Life is too short for all that stupidity and with the schools being back on Monday and exams coming up he hopefully will be too busy studying to get involved on here, not that I will see his rantings anyway!

Obsessed or what?

Edited by Bleeding Gums Murphy

As I recall Olde English Spangles were an "acquired taste" - OK there was one which was not bad (a mustard COLOURED but minty tasting one (looked vile but it really was Hobson's choice)) but the rest were truly examinations of the taste-buds!

[strangely I only ever got them on match days at Firhill - bought by and given to me by a friend of my father at the wee cafe at the corner of Benview and Firhill Streets - I suspect I munched through them more in anxiety as to what I was witnessing rather than through choice (season 1969-70 being my most vivid and earliest recollection).]

Sorry - the Thread Police will probably jump down my throat for going off topic (no ferries though :yellow_card: ).

2q1t7yh.jpg

The only time I ever had Spangles was in a Mars selection box at Xmas in the 70's.

They were always the last sweetie I would eat. Seem to remember them being vacuum packed in a super thick foil wrapper that were a nightmare to open.

Forgot about the weird mustard coloured one JeanieD! I'd eat that one last after the fruit ones. Memories!

2q1t7yh.jpg

The only time I ever had Spangles was in a Mars selection box at Xmas in the 70's.

They were always the last sweetie I would eat. Seem to remember them being vacuum packed in a super thick foil wrapper that were a nightmare to open.

Forgot about the weird mustard coloured one JeanieD! I'd eat that one last after the fruit ones. Memories!

Have you still not opened that yet? Jeez, I thought my brother was bad for sweetie hoarding..

• Like 1