Aberdeen V Jags

Garscube Road End

3 would have been ideal but the point means Motherwell have to win 3 while we lose 3 in order to overtake us. Unfortunately they play St Mirren next.. I only hope the Buddies realise that is their last chance and go all out to beat them. Of course the key match for us is when we play Motherwell next week. One interesting thing is with all the clubs below them getting something and them getting beat - Kilmarnock could be dragged into the "play-off-position" battle too.

I think it's time Killie were included in all this analysis. I confidently predicted they'd lose their last two games, and lo it came to pass. Now they have Aberdeen (h) & Celtic (a) before the split. If we beat Motherwell (by no means guaranteed) we'll be above them at the split (albeit on GD, assuming Celtic beat us too). Game on!

Suggested Killie getting dragged into it myself - which would be interesting. If we can avoid getting beat by Motherwell and Killie continue to flounder then all to the good. The more teams involved in it the better for us.

That could turn out to be a crucial point gained, in view of other results yesterday. Interesting that people are saying it should have been 3 points, presumably based on Taylor's two chances, whereas the Herald match report suggests that Aberdeen were well on top and that a Jags victory would have been "undeserved."

Anyway, more of the same (with better finishing) in the next few matches please, Thistle!

More than happy with not only the point yesterday but also the performance of just about the whole team. Fox usually makes me anxious but yesterday I thought he was really solid and confident. The queue for the pie stall was a complete joke and I felt more than a wee bit sorry for the wee "baldy" Don fan getting all the patter. My brother, who lives in Aberdeen but is a Liverpool fan, came along with me. His verdict was that Aberdeen were crap and Thistle were well worthy of a win.

Great point and clean sheet! Like a few others I feel we should have got the 3 points but would have taken a point beforehand.

Spot on.

A draw was probably the right result but we had the better chances to get all three points. I'm not keen on too much stats but I'd like to see one of those dotty graphs that tell you which half of the field the ball was in. Certainly in the second half we were for the most part camped in their half.

• Like 1

Given Lyle Taylor's strenuous schedule, it's not really fair to condemn him for being a bit off the pace. As things stood, he caused the Aberdeen defence a lot of problems, getting into positions that could have given us a win.

Why, he chose to jet around the globe for a two bit team rather than concentrate on his career.

Is playing international football not part of his cv?

In my opinion no, he is English and if he was good enough to play for them he wouldn't give this so called international team any consideration. He isn't but rather than prepare for the games that pay his way he chose to stroke his ego and pretend he is an international footballer. Maybe harsh in some folks eyes but if he didn't we may be 2 points better off and that step closer to being safe.

In my opinion no, he is English and if he was good enough to play for them he wouldn't give this so called international team any consideration. He isn't but rather than prepare for the games that pay his way he chose to stroke his ego and pretend he is an international footballer. Maybe harsh in some folks eyes but if he didn't we may be 2 points better off and that step closer to being safe.

Well, have you asked him whether he see's himself as English, or, hawd the bus, not?

That is perhaps the most stupid post I have ever seen on here.

• Like 2

Metz,

You know what? If Gordon Strachan lost his heid and decided that the entire Thistle team should be in his next World Cup squad, ridiculous I know, Gordon Strachan is not that sensible, then a greeting faced wee idiot called Metz would be on here saying it was a complete insult to Partick Thistle FC 'cause , well 'cause oor puir wee bairns could get hurt in the international arena.

**** that. They would have played on an international stage.

Have we not heard that sort of shite from Rangers and Celtic fans in the past?

It is cheepskate.

As a club, we should release players to any international oganisation that want's them.

Even England.

Edited by douglas clark
  • Like 1

Entitled to your opinion, but what utter rubbish. If he had been on from the start, you might have had small grounds for complaint, but he got those chances literally straight from coming off the bench. He was perfectly entitled to play for his grandparents birth country. How many current players in the Scotland squad and other international squads are doing the same? Lyle Taylor will pay his way in the last 7 games of the season

• Like 1

Entitled to your opinion, but what utter rubbish. If he had been on from the start, you might have had small grounds for complaint, but he got those chances literally straight from coming off the bench. He was perfectly entitled to play for his grandparents birth country. How many current players in the Scotland squad and other international squads are doing the same? Lyle Taylor will pay his way in the last 7 games of the season

I completely agree with you on Taylor, but I think it's only one Scotland player that qualifies via the grandparent rule, James Morrison.

Geez some people on here are never happy, overall I was happy with the performance if a little bit peeved that we didn't take our chances. Ah well, we are Partičk Thistle and not unfortunately Barcelona and to tell the truth we have players like Taylor and Craigan and not Messi or Xavi for a reson I.e. we're fairly skint.

That said on the whole we've a decent bunch of honest lads who normall try their upmost to get the result. On Saturday we really should have taken the 3 points, but didn't through no lack of effort. TBH if you wan't to win things all the time and support a team with lots of money, I venture to,suggest that Thistle ain't the side for you.

I completely agree with you on Taylor, but I think it's only one Scotland player that qualifies via the grandparent rule, James Morrison.

Thought there was more than that HU, but we have used it quite a few times over the years. Lyle has absolutely no chance of getting an England cap, so why shouldn't he play for his grandparents country of birth. As I said before, pretty sure Lyle will get us the goals to keep us up anyway!

Thought there was more than that HU, but we have used it quite a few times over the years. Lyle has absolutely no chance of getting an England cap, so why shouldn't he play for his grandparents country of birth. As I said before, pretty sure Lyle will get us the goals to keep us up anyway!

From the most recent squad:

Russell Martin (b. Brighton)

Shaun Maloney (b. Malaysia)

Matt Ritchie (b.Portsmouth)

Jordan Rhodes (b. Oldham)

and of course Morrison.

In recent years

Matt Gilks (b. Oldham)

Phil Bardsley (b. Salford)

George Boyd (b. Chatham)

Chris Martin (b. Beccles)

and more if you want to go back a while. Of the above Rhodes has no Scottish ancestry but qualifies as he went to school in Scotland for a good few years and qualifies under that rule.(Some of you may remember his dad was a goallie up here for years).

Actually just realised "grand-parent rule" was mentioned so some of above are not relevant if talking only of that (although it shows we've had a fair few played that were not born in Scotland). Under that rule only Morrison, Gilks, Boyd (who actually played for England C team when younger) count.

Chris martin has a Scottish father but played for England under-19s earlier.

Edited by Mr Bunny