Relying On Motherwell

the saint

Does this underline the Gap between Premier and Championship.? The disappointment from the media types is almost tangible , what ever their motives for that are, I suspect some would be based on commercial activities generated from south side team and their support, others would be due to football sympathies of long standing. The two ex professional commentating of BBC Scotland seem to fall into the sympathy category.

I do think, we as Partick Thistle should take a different mindset from it , we should be more confident in who we are and what we have. The media for their own commercial benefit talk up the team from South side and often don't base it on football merit .Motherwell , yes Motherwell have trumped them 3-1 away from home and at this time 2-0 at home.

As a reflection will Hearts present as big a threat to the upper or lower half of the SPFL as many are predicting.

We need to remember that Hearts finished a country mile ahead of the rest,though

Why's your tongue up Motherwell's erse? The entire event ended in farce and everyone should be embarrassed.

I remember a bunch of supporters rejoicing like mad a week or so after finishing fourth in what's now called Scottish League One. Sometimes folk just celebrate what didn't happen and not the sum of what was achieved. Irrational as it may sound it's called relief and imo the whole concept of following a football team is kinda irrational. Doing the irrational doesn't necessarily instil embarrassment.

• Like 4

I remember a bunch of supporters rejoicing like mad a week or so after finishing fourth in what's now called Scottish League One. Sometimes folk just celebrate what didn't happen and not the sum of what was achieved. Irrational as it may sound it's called relief and imo the whole concept of following a football team is kinda irrational. Doing the irrational doesn't necessarily instil embarrassment.

Well, I think celebrating with a lap of honour in this instance is pretty embarrassing, but each to their own.

However, I was taking it all together - A pitch invasion to goad the Rangers fans, two of their players getting red-carded in a brawl instigated by one of their own, along with this grown adult -

358c16949bdf6bc474158a584c27b3c6.gif

I think those relegation-avoiding, vote-rigging, "Twist-And-Shout" singing tossers should all get to f*ck.

If there's any justice at all they'll finish rock-bottom next year.

Well, I think celebrating with a lap of honour in this instance is pretty embarrassing, but each to their own.

However, I was taking it all together - A pitch invasion to goad the Rangers fans, two of their players getting red-carded in a brawl instigated by one of their own, along with this grown adult -

I think those relegation-avoiding, vote-rigging, "Twist-And-Shout" singing tossers should all get to f*ck.

If there's any justice at all they'll finish rock-bottom next year.

I agree that guy was out of order

As for celebrating - let them, it's a massive result for them

As for the pitch invasion: could have easily been predicted and thereby prevented- vast majority of decent 'Well fans not on the pitch. Ones that were are probably glory hunter neds

Just watched the highlights.

The first goal is hilarious. Was trying to remember what it reminded me of, then I got it. A similarly gratifying error by an ageing Peter Shilton in 1990 (Paul Parker deflection?) and then again by David Seaman in 2006 for the Ronaldinho goal.

Probably lots of goals involving feckless back-peddling keepers, maybe I've just made the link because they have led to v happy days like today - and involved my two least favourite teams.

Just watched the highlights.

The first goal is hilarious. Was trying to remember what it reminded me of, then I got it. A similarly gratifying error by an ageing Peter Shilton in 1990 (Paul Parker deflection?) and then again by David Seaman in 2006 for the Ronaldinho goal.

Probably lots of goals involving feckless back-peddling keepers, maybe I've just made the link because they have led to v happy days like today - and involved my two least favourite teams.

Nayim...........Nayim..................even ponytail boy laughed after a while.

As we are looking for a keeper do we think Cammy Bell might be an option?

I've posted before about the grudge I still bear against Motherwell for their despicable vote to relegate Thistle when they had escaped relegation the previous season on the SPL stadium criteria...they were a poor team this season and it would have been a well deserved and overdue relegation...

But I would rather hear Twist and Shout at Firhill next season - it's a fantastic feel good song - than The Billy Boys, The Sash and Derry's Walls.

The Rangers - this is what Scottish Football has been missing? I don't thing so...Nobody likes them...No wonder.

• Like 3

according to the radio commentry, the referee did a good job in not sending off a Rangers player, despite the tackle apparently meriting it, because of the context of the game and the understandable frustration of the player. So basically, what they seem to be saying is that lashing out at an opponent in a petulant strop is pardonable because they're losing and pissed off!

• Like 1

according to the radio commentry, the referee did a good job in not sending off a Rangers player, despite the tackle apparently meriting it, because of the context of the game and the understandable frustration of the player. So basically, what they seem to be saying is that lashing out at an opponent in a petulant strop is pardonable because they're losing and pissed off!

...and because they're playing for Rangers

What was Cammy Bell doing for that first goal?

Well hasn't it been a great season? I got to text my sellic supporting mates when they lost the semi final. Yesterday, I was saying to them "so why are the sellic not in the scottish cup final"? hahhahahhahah

and now the sevco make a mess and they lose as well.just hilarious ! hahahhahhahhahhhhah

:) :) :) :) :)

Does this underline the Gap between Premier and Championship.? The disappointment from the media types is almost tangible , what ever their motives for that are, I suspect some would be based on commercial activities generated from south side team and their support, others would be due to football sympathies of long standing. The two ex professional commentating of BBC Scotland seem to fall into the sympathy category.

I do think, we as Partick Thistle should take a different mindset from it , we should be more confident in who we are and what we have. The media for their own commercial benefit talk up the team from South side and often don't base it on football merit .Motherwell , yes Motherwell have trumped them 3-1 away from home and at this time 2-0 at home.

As a reflection will Hearts present as big a threat to the upper or lower half of the SPFL as many are predicting.

I dunno if it does show the gap between Prem and Champ as being so big. I would not have been overly confident of victory if Thistle (or as a supporter of any other bottom 6 team) had faced Queen of the south, Hibs, Sevco, Falkirk or even Raith Globetrotters in a 2 leg play off for survival.

However, what is unquestionably a good thing is that it does show there is life, and potential for sustainable, viably lucrative competition outside of the old firm. Something we all knew and have been shouting about and trying desperately to have recognised and promoted for decades, but sadly the media pundits, scottish football officials, even board members of so called provincial clubs and, due to the scale of support for the old firm, the general public have only given, to my mind, superficial, fleeting and at times cursory respect or acknowledgement of.

The point is sevco have made a total botch of a potential regeneration, pheonix from the flames story, emerging better, stronger and admirably, from day one since their introduction to the league, and this result confirms it. They could have cut their cloth, but instead they snobbishly attempted to continue, buisness as usual, because it's "the rangers".

Truth is, by their performances this season Motherwell have been dung. But so have sevco! .... utter mince. They only made the play offs because they were still flaunting cash they didn't have! Huge squad of mediocre players and as usual plundering from those around them. Motherwell only made the play off because the Buddies were in meltdown. It's been one of the tightest bottom 6's and they ended with 36 points, ICT were relegated on 37 points a few years ago.

Hearts were clearly streets ahead over the season, and on face value have learned leasons from their flirtation with false messiahs, and promises of external financial grants and support from foreign business ( i.e. funds not raised by club business, as opposed to monies from from "foreign" lands) and are operating an apparently more sustainable, practicable and independent business model. I suspect they will continue with their prudent management, promoting youth and in house propects. However, given the scale of their support, established connections with Heriot-watt and decent facilities, they ought to be well placed for next seasons competition.

Way I see it, I'm equally pleased Hibs didn't make it up. It adds vigour to the much needed shake up Scottish football has been long in need of.

From a Thistle perspective, next season may well be our toughest yet. As much as I beleive we can progress, Archie has been no less than magnificent in his role, survival is again the necessity. Yes be confident, we and others are showing it can be done, but we are still far from an "established" top flight club, and really we don't have very much but hard work, good will and good people. We still need to build the team on the park and the club off it. Patience is required. A big ask for us long suffering Jagoes, but take a look around, things are changing, we are part of it. I'm bracing for the long game.

:fan:

KEYMOANEEFEEEEEEEEEEESELLLLLLL!!!!!

F.T.O.F.

Rooonyeeez h*ns! Tims... you're next! B)

e.t.a.

Edited by ChewinGumMacaroonBaaaz
  • Like 2

I am sure yesterday must have been a huge blow for Celtic. They would have been planning on the return of Rangers and an increase in ST sales. I wonder what impact it will have on their finances ?

Hopefully a narrowing of the gap between them and the rest, although the 17 points difference shows it is still huge

Rather like Gascoigne at Firhill, that's just the sort of entitlement culture Scottish football needs to consign to the dustbin of history!