Relying On Motherwell

the saint

Thought the Motherwell celebrations were OTT and classless. Fans who ran on the pitch are imbeciles.

Agree, reminded me of that horrible night at Dundee Utd in the playoff when the fans came streaming onto the pitch to goad our fans who were in the upper Tier.

Thought the Motherwell celebrations were OTT and classless. Fans who ran on the pitch are imbeciles.

agreed, I saw them tonight, players & manager singing & dancing with the fans, you would think they had just won the league or cup. I was on holiday & missed Peterhead, but surely we never had celebrations like that, or did we?

agreed, I saw them tonight, players & manager singing & dancing with the fans, you would think they had just won the league or cup. I was on holiday & missed Peterhead, but surely we never had celebrations like that, or did we?

Difference is we were celebrating promotion, while Motherwell were celebrating avoiding relegation.

Don't think the difference is that great. We were celebrating coming through the play offs after a pathetic season. Personally I think it's pretty poor to criticise Motherwell fans for celebrating. It was a massive game for them and they had every right to, and anyone who says we wouldn't have is not being genuine.

Maybe you could criticise aspect of the goading, but that's a different matter, and it wasn't a huge number.

• Like 2

If we had just beaten Sevco to stay up I'd have partying like a mofo too...we all would have been. The well fans in work today were treated like heroes.

Which begs the question, do you think we would have beaten Sevco if it had been us in the playoffs? I think we would have, however very happy that we avoided being in them.

• Like 2

As classless as the Thistle fans who invaded the pitch at Peterhead after our play-off, or at Forfar when we won the league, or at Firhill when we won the league, or at Inverness when we'd won the league..... ? Or like football fans all over the world?

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights.

The first goal is hilarious. Was trying to remember what it reminded me of, then I got it. A similarly gratifying error by an ageing Peter Shilton in 1990 (Paul Parker deflection?) and then again by David Seaman in 2006 for the Ronaldinho goal.

Probably lots of goals involving feckless back-peddling keepers, maybe I've just made the link because they have led to v happy days like today - and involved my two least favourite teams.

Shilton was unlucky- wasn't an error, didn't have a chance to get anything other than a tiny finger to it once it was over the line anyway. Bell was a clusterf**k of confused panic and incompetence.

Really wanted to England to win that semi. Gutted for them as the much better team to lose on pens. They would have beaten a rank Argentina in the final- one of the worst teams to reach a semi final never mind the final in what was a rotten tournament overall (apart from Cameroon)

Don't remember being on the park at Love Street - well worth celebrating back to back promotions

Only because the layout of that stand didn't really allow for pitch invasions. A few guys did invade the park that day and got booted out.

I really don't see why the well fans shouldn't have been celebrating.

If we had been in their shoes and skelped sevco in that manner then it would probably be up there with the greatest jags moments of all time.

• Like 2