Nightmare 11

partick monkey

I've only read page one and haven't seen any mention of Barry Smith. I will therefore never ever post on this forum again either in this or a future life, under any circumstances whatsoever. Fact!

ish.

Remember the time at Hamilton when Barry Smith headed the ball straight up in the air. Then when it came down he headed it straight up again, lost the ball and ended up conceding a goal. Total embarrassment.

• Like 1

You could probably write a book on this topic...some real turgid tadgers have played for the jags over the years.

The Bryce Era springs to mind as being the most pish.

Off the top of my head..

Stephen McConolgue

Callaghan sisters

Sean Kilgannon

Brian Martin

Stephane Bones

Mark McWalter

Ray Montgomery

Grant Murray

Stevie Lovell

Managers take yer pick...Clark, Johnston,Collins, Whyte...Bryce(never had a chance)

You could probably write a book on this topic...some real turgid tadgers have played for the jags over the years.

The Bryce Era springs to mind as being the most pish.

Off the top of my head..

Stephen McConolgue

Callaghan sisters

Sean Kilgannon

Brian Martin

Stephane Bones

Mark McWalter

Ray Montgomery

Grant Murray

Stevie Lovell

Managers take yer pick...Clark, Johnston,Collins, Whyte...Bryce(never had a chance)

Add to that Murder

The common link amongst that list of managers is that almost all of them had some association to Celtic or Rangers

This one has enough for a resrve team!

GK John Wilson (7-3 vs St Johnstone when they had 7 shots on goal), Andrew Stewart (I don't think he ever made a save)

RB Eddie Hernon, Davie Hayes

LB Peter Shields, Scott McArthur

CB Alan Mackin, Bryan Purdie (the debut from hell)

CB Will Snowdon, Sandy Hodge

RM Jim Docherty, Steven Bonar

LM, Alan Carson, Tommy O'Hara

CM, Hugh Lyden, Eddie McGuiness

CM, Tom Mcallister, Billy Paxton (we paid money for him)

CF Joe Sweeney, Steven Nicholas

CF Willie Callaghan, Gordon Dalziel

Dishonorouble mentions to Graham Kyle, Brendan McIntyre, Paul Maher, Brian Scrimegour (he really did have his best game in goals), Paul Graham F*&k me, a subs bench.

Depressing.

Disappointed Billy Gibson doesn't get much of a mention here.

Imo he ruined Dick Campbell's chances of managing this Nightmare XI. True quality for the manager's job is to contribute to a relegation and thru incompetence be able to keep your team in the lower division. Gibson let the Bunnet down big time by scoring at Peterhead.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Imo he ruined Dick Campbell's chances of managing this Nightmare XI. True quality for the manager's job is to contribute to a relegation and thru incompetence be able to keep your team in the lower division. Gibson let the Bunnet down big time by scoring at Peterhead.

I liked Billy Gibson, after Roberts he would be he next name on the team sheet for me. the problem was he could play anywhere apart from in goals and upfront(according to DC), I remember going to matches thinking 'I wonder what position BG will be in today'.

Edited by jags on tour

Jackie Rafferty - good with Dumbarton apparently, but not a success at Firhill.

As per John Wilson as the goalie - I fear poor old McFedris also deserves a mention - more unlucky than incompetent I suspect - he very very rarely got a game so perhaps wasn't up to speed for most of his appearances (not an excuse but trying to find an explanation) - shipped a barrow-load at Parkhead and then was like a cat-on-a-hot-tin-roof in a match at Motherwell we lost 5-0 later in the season - even as a 6 year old I could find sympathy for him that day :-(

Edited by JeanieD

Who was the guy that Lambie played as a trialist one evening game vs Killie(I think) and hooked him after 25 mins cause he was so rotten.

Roger Eli

I think. Apparently he was a bit of a cult hero for a club down south. All I remember was him doing a very good impression of a headless chicken while repelling the ball at every available opportunity.

Always interesting to see different people's views on these sort of things. Bit shocked with some of the names but others not so. I don't think I have seen Gary O'Connor or Michael Brown in goal for anyone's team yet and they were fairly shocking. I also remember a striker called Scott Miller who Lambie signed during his period of bringing in juniors who was quickly found out.

Gillies, Billy Gibson, could be referring to almost any player in the Campbell era. Did Slippers not play full back at one point?

Arguing a wee bit against myself here as Dick Campbell, despite valiant effort, didn't manage to keep his side in the division they had dropped down to. Billy ******* Gibson, Kenny ******* Arthur, Mark ******* Roberts and Paul ******* Ritchie, all to a man well out of order, buggered up the Bunnet's vision of seeing us as a powerhouse in the old Div 2.

All that said Campbell was brilliant at playing guys out of position and thus making them out to be even worse than they so obviously were. I can only plead with you all to ignore the one blotch in his copybook that was Peterhead, May 06 and make this clown manager of the Nightmare XI.