derek young

peter hetherston

brown ferguson

martin grehan

lucas akins

alan russell

billy dodds

Tommy stewart

Clearly never made the step up as a full timer but Brown Ferguson was one of the most professional part time footballers around. An absolute hero with the other clubs he played for. Stick Ferguson's attitude into some of our more gifted but half hearted players and we'd have had a hell of a lot more success.

Btw George Rowe never put a foot wrong during his time with us. :D

Mine would have to include the likes of Leigh Hinds, Billy Abercrombie, Mark McWalter, Brian Gallagher, Joe Sweeney, Jim Slavin, Tommy Bryce, Iain Ross, Graham Connell, Brian Scrimegour, Ally Graham..

I actually don't want to continue, I feel sick.

I'd grant Brian Scrimegour a reprieve purely based on a stellar performance at Douglas Park. Remember the game he took over in goals and had the game of his career?

Mark Cairns

paul paton at rb

David Kennedy

Kenny Brannigan

Jimmy Boyle

Both Callaghans

peter hetherston

Stephane Bonnes

Steve Maskrey

Andy Walker

subs (ian cameron 2nd time isaac english 2nd time willie jamieson 2nd time and any other tommy bryce player)

I see a few people have included Colin Stewart as their goalkeeper of nightmares. But let's not forget Andrew Stewart, who played 9 games for us when on loan from Dundee Utd around the time of Save the Jags. Truly the worst goalkeeper I've ever set eyes on. Couldn't catch a ball, couldn't kick a ball, couldn't do any of the basics that you would expect even of an amateur player. His time at Firhill really epitomises how low we'd sunk at that time.

After us, he played some matches for East Fife, before getting the boot/giving up.

I see a few people have included Colin Stewart as their goalkeeper of nightmares. But let's not forget Andrew Stewart, who played 9 games for us when on loan from Dundee Utd around the time of Save the Jags. Truly the worst goalkeeper I've ever set eyes on. Couldn't catch a ball, couldn't kick a ball, couldn't do any of the basics that you would expect even of an amateur player. His time at Firhill really epitomises how low we'd sunk at that time.

After us, he played some matches for East Fife, before getting the boot/giving up.

If I remember correctly, we had to suffer Stevie Ross in the same season who was equally as bad.

Someone put Billy Dodds in- kidding right

Willie Cairns always one of the first names to come to mind

Shortly followed by Billy Paxton

Midfield creativity simply didn't exist in the 80's

Luckily I've forgotten much of the utter dross (John Workman, Ian Topper Thomson) I've witnessed over the years

Jean Yves Anis was not the best defender and could not tackle a fish supper, but he was inspirational going forward and had a couple of stellar performances v a strong Livingston in a 5-2 victory, and v tabletopping Falkirk in the brief John Lambie revival pre-Dick Campbell.

He truly played with a smile on his face and I would exempt him from the Nightmare 11 along with Scott Chaplain, one of my favourite players who had a fantastic attitude and scored some great goals. I even liked Jakup Mikkelsen. In fact if it was not so late at night, I would start a parallel thread for a team of players I liked, but nobody else did. Scott Boyd would be in that team as well along with the much under-estimated John Kane.I thought Jordan McGrotty was destined to be a star and was quite impressed by Henoc Mukendi's debut at Arbroath. OK, I am almost there, so here is my dream team which may give others nightmares:

Jakup Mikkelsen

Jean Yves Anis

Scott Boyd

Ray Montgomerie

Des McKeown

John Kane

Scott Chaplain

Jordan McGrotty

Jesus Tejero

Armand One

Henoc Mukendi

I'd grant Brian Scrimegour a reprieve purely based on a stellar performance at Douglas Park. Remember the game he took over in goals and had the game of his career?

I remember Scrimegour's performance in goal but was sure that was at Firhill v Hamilton?

Anyway, he would have to keep 20 shut outs to avoid getting in my nightmare 11!!

Someone put Billy Dodds in- kidding right

Willie Cairns always one of the first names to come to mind

Shortly followed by Billy Paxton

Midfield creativity simply didn't exist in the 80's

Luckily I've forgotten much of the utter dross (John Workman, Ian Topper Thomson) I've witnessed over the years

Workie was a legend!!

If only cos he was a wee bit mental..

Edited by Jag
  • Like 1