New Sponsor

ThickAsThieves

I can't seem to find an official website or a Twitter account for the company. I don't doubt that they are a real business, it would just be nice to actually see what they do.

They are a small company (10 people) managing 5 accounts worth a total of $415 million, not sure if they'd need a website or Twitter account

I must have woken up in opposite world because that logo is a joke.

I'll be keeping it retro and sticking to my 1995 Texstyle World shirt next season. I'm no getting laughed at gantin' about with that effort on my belly.

It wouldn't be the forum with a good news story generating negativity

The new logo is quirky, different and specifically designed for us

It fits in perfectly

• Like 1

A company making $400 million from five clients doesn't sound like it needs to advertise. Tax write-off? This whole story sounds mad. He likes an artist who likes Thistle so he's giving us money? Okay, if they want to pump silly dosh into the club don't let us stop you! That mascot though.

the_horror.jpg

The horror ... the horror.

Remember the days of respectable sponsors like sewage waste management companies?

edit: Actually, I can't stop laughing now, it's so farcical. Thanks for cheering me up, Thistle.

Edited by Richard Nixon

A company making $400 million from five clients doesn't sound like it needs to advertise. Tax write-off? This whole story sounds mad. He likes an artist who likes Thistle so he's giving us money? Okay, if they want to pump silly dosh into the club don't let us stop you!

Small point but they don't make $400m, they manage assets worth $400m. They'll make a small percentage of that as an annual management cost.

The more I see, the mascot included, the more I like it. Someone on P&B described the mascot as Lisa Simpson on eccies...

The logo does look like something that a 10 year old has knocked up on the back of a textbook. But if the money is there for the club then I don't suppose that matters.

With their background in financial management I wonder what they would make of the centenary fund?

Just when you think they can't top camouflage strips, they do this. It is such a great PR stunt for the club. Newspapers all over the globe have already picked up on the story, and according to the Twitter stats, over 2million people have already seen the pictures. Great story.

How about getting that 2 million to donate 50p each to the club?