Season Tickets

Lionel J. Botch

All Thistle should be promoting is season tickets from now up to first game of season minimum. It's a good deal. Prices frozen from last season. Can be worth up to.5 free home league games and 1 league cup game. "Meet the manager" night, TAG membership including prize draws, installments via zebra finance and the fact it is the basis for Archies transfer and squad budget.

All Thistle should be promoting is season tickets from now up to first game of season minimum. It's a good deal. Prices frozen from last season. Can be worth up to.5 free home league games and 1 league cup game. "Meet the manager" night, TAG membership including prize draws, installments via zebra finance and the fact it is the basis for Archies transfer and squad budget.

Even when it clearly isn't working?

Personally, I think the Full season ST is good value, but that is because I can get to every home game if I choose. But with the uncertainty of games being moved for TV, it is easy to see why people might not fork out for a whole season, even although it is unlikely that more than 5 games would be moved. We have had 10 game packages for a while issued at Christmas and had the occasional 3 or 5 game package. Maybe, these haven't sold as well as expected. In any case, I don't think the club can budget for a season based on 1/2 a seasons income.

I always wondered about the tie in with a finance company.

Surely we should be able to offer interest free installments ourselves through the club?

Database/spreadsheet shouldn't be overly difficult to set up.

If a person defaults then surely their ST card can be cancelled to prevent entry?

The benefit of the finance company is that they advance the money to the club, so they have it up front, and assume the risk of default. It also saves on admin cost. Setting up a direct debit system is also very expensive (so much so that it wouldn't be offered to a 'company' with the expected dd turnover of Thistle) so it would need to be by standing order which gives the payer all the control over it. Couple of reasons why it's a no-go.

You can't have any other options that may make people move away from season ticket to a cheaper priced ticket. The half season and multi game packs will come.

It's not a cheaper priced ticket pro rata. It's a way of getting people who are not able to get to all games a chance to pay up front to boost Archie's coffers. Increasing your product range to widen your customer support.

• Like 1

You can't have any other options that may make people move away from season ticket to a cheaper priced ticket. The half season and multi game packs will come.

What good is a half season ticket if the limited number of games you can attend will be spread across the season?

In what other business is offering customers less choice in the hope that they purchase a poorer product deemed acceptable business practice?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Just seen STV news and our "final" drive re ST sales. Three things occur to me...

Firstly I have to admit to feeling slightly embarrassed that we as a football club, which has effectively just enjoyed a third season of continued improvement, feel compelled to make such a public appeal. Bad enough that some of our so called fans are letting us down. Even worse that this embarrassment has to be so publicly aired

Secondly regardless of my own opinions re our overall ST marketing I have to applaud the Club for being so proactive this summer. I don't think anyone could fairly criticise the Club and Ian Maxwell for sitting back and simply hoping ST sales will roll in. Regardless of the end result there's been no shortage of effort.

Thirdly I was most impressed both with the way Stuart Bannigan presented himself on TV and with the fact that as a player he was engaging with us fans in such a manner.

• Like 4

Just seen STV news and our "final" drive re ST sales. Three things occur to me...

Firstly I have to admit to feeling slightly embarrassed that we as a football club, which has effectively just enjoyed a third season of continued improvement, feel compelled to make such a public appeal. Bad enough that some of our so called fans are letting us down. Even worse that this embarrassment has to be so publicly aired

Secondly regardless of my own opinions re our overall ST marketing I have to applaud the Club for being so proactive this summer. I don't think anyone could fairly criticise the Club and Ian Maxwell for sitting back and simply hoping ST sales will roll in. Regardless of the end result there's been no shortage of effort.

Thirdly I was most impressed both with the way Stuart Bannigan presented himself on TV and with the fact that as a player he was engaging with us fans in such a manner.

Just want to check, is it that all PATG fans are 'letting the side down' or is it only those who haven't renewed this season that are 'so-called fans'?

Just want to check, is it that all PATG fans are 'letting the side down' or is it only those who haven't renewed this season that are 'so-called fans'?

Folk renew for various reasons as do people not renew, the trick for the club is to work out how to keep what they have and grow on it.

Rather poorly phrased on my part. Indeed I shouldn't have said that at all and let the facts speak for themselves. Despite coming off the back of one of our most successful seasons we're still desperately trying to sell STs just days before our first home match. What the Club and players, publicity gimmick or not, are doing is commendable if rather embarrassing in its apparent desperation.

I don't believe anybody has come up with a rational explanation as to why we in isolation appear to be struggling on a relative basis at least to sell STs. Certainly I don't think any other club has been so public in this regard. For years the stock answer to the customary question of what would tempt you back to Firhill/buy a ST/attend more games has been success on the pitch. Stock answer or not it was plainly incorrect.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

I don't believe anybody has come up with a rational explanation as to why we in isolation appear to be struggling on a relative basis at least to sell STs.

Maybe we're the only club who thinks it's OK to move their fans from the best seats to the poorest ones to accommodate our friends from the east.

For the record I renewed, but I could understand if this policy has hit ST sales.

• Like 2

Maybe we're the only club who thinks it's OK to move their fans from the best seats to the poorest ones to accommodate our friends from the east.

For the record I renewed, but I could understand if this policy has hit ST sales.

Surely people see the bigger picture though. Our last game we had just over 5k v them with their end sold out. Until thistle fans turn up and sell the seats I've no argument in being moved to make the club more money.

• Like 3

Clubs are trying different packages/pricing to attract season ticket sales. It would benefit all if clubs shared data with each other on which packages are successful. Clubs aren't competing directly with each other for fans and this mutually beneficial cooperation could help football in general to grow.

Playing Devil's Dick Advocaat but the Club feel compelled to instigate this move due to poorer overall attendances, which includes previous ST sales, than had been anticipated. Sort of chicken and egg maybe?

Personally I've got to agree that the move can't be seen as anything other than a negative in terms of selling STs. That said I don't believe had the Club not introduced this Celtic move we'd be that chuffed with ST sales. I sense it's much deeper than just that and the biggest worry must be that nobody really seems to know why sales are so poor.

The club were compelled to give Celtic more tickets because it makes absolute sense. We can't shift them.

The moving of fans from JH should never have happened. Whilst people have accepted it, there is a lot of unhappiness . Even among current ST holders. As more none ST holders in the JH, what message are we giving them?

Celtic should have been given the main stand, the North stand and the far end of the JH stand if required.

The whole thing needs a rethink.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

The club were compelled to give Celtic more tickets because it makes absolute sense. We can't shift them.

The moving of fans from JH should never have happened. Whilst people have accepted it, there is a lot of unhappiness . Even among current ST holders. As more none ST holders in the JH, what message are we giving them?

Celtic should have been given the main stand, the North stand and the far end of the JH stand if required.

The whole thing needs a rethink.

I'd go as far as to say that the whole stadium needs a rethink.

We're not, by the way. Pretty sure Kilmarnock have handed over 3 stands to them or Rangers in the past. And Airdrie moved their fans into one section of one stand and gave Rangers the rest when they played them.

Unfortunately, the old firm, and their travelling fans, are a huge source of income for clubs like us. It would be absolutely lovely to be able to turn down that income due to our own fans turning out in numbers every week, but that simply isn't the case at present. Until that day comes, I'm happy that we continue to take as much money as possible off them, and Rangers as well when they come up.

For what it's worth, I've not renewed my season ticket as I don't have the money to do so this year. I had planned on it but oh well.

Short memories guys. Only 3 seasons ago on the championship winning day at Falkirk, they moved some of their ST holders in anticipation of the large Thistle support.