Jags V Rotherham

Dick Dastardly

Quite a coincidence it was an incident in a game against Wigan.

and the now imfamous McClean

i wonder if he's the first footballer to be charged with sectarianism. Wonder if they should do that with fans? hmmmmm?

Make sure you record phone footage of the Sellik with their obscene chants when they come to ours and get it on You Tube ASAP.

I'm sure that they'll then be docked points and relegated ...... oh, wait .......

Interesting wee bit on the Guardian site about the reporting of the Broadfoot incident..... here

Thanks for the link. I noticed that some TV and radio stations in Scotland today were not reporting the sectarian aspect but it was on bbc.co.uk

You know, the internet is full of rumours of back handers, shady deals and all sorts of conspiracy mumbo jumbo - maybe this should now be included.

The case of the disappearing bigot .....

Edited by gerrybritton9

HT 0-1, could have been 0-2 if a Rotherham striker had got his shot on target.

One of our team's strengths is central midfield: so why is there an obsession with sending the ball out to the wings, thereby cutting out our strengths? At times it looks as if we're playing with two teams - one on the left and the other on the right, occasionally switching the ball between them. No-one is taking the ball through the centre or playing it straight forward. Our possession is being squandered on fancy wing play which isn't yielding any results.

Don't quite know what to take from the performance today. I thought Archie may have been looking to give his starting team a run out from the start. Really hope the plan isn't to play Stevo up front , didn't work last season and it wont work this season, we really do need to sign a forward. Both Lindsay and Hendry look comfortable on the ball and I suspect Hendry may start with Frans next week.

Lawless could be our most important player this season, really need his creativity. Amoo looks to me as if he does a lot less than Higgy but does it a bit better, some very good crosses today and when he got the ball went past players with ease, great pace.

Elliot isn't a left back . Welshy scored a topper and looks to be coming back to the player we know he can be.

This may be the season we see a few of the youngsters breaking into the first team too , finished the game with five of them on the pitch. Gary Fraser is a bit of a conundrum to me i'm not quite sure he knows what his role i s in the team and I think Archie's main problem will be finding a midfield balance and a way of linking the forward to the midfielders.I think he may see Welsh as his starting Midfielder which might disrupt the partnership of Abdul and Bannigan

Don't quite know what to take from the performance today. I thought Archie may have been looking to give his starting team a run out from the start. Really hope the plan isn't to play Stevo up front , didn't work last season and it wont work this season, we really do need to sign a forward. Both Lindsay and Hendry look comfortable on the ball and I suspect Hendry may start with Frans next week.

Lawless could be our most important player this season, really need his creativity. Amoo looks to me as if he does a lot less than Higgy but does it a bit better, some very good crosses today and when he got the ball went past players with ease, great pace.

Elliot isn't a left back . Welshy scored a topper and looks to be coming back to the player we know he can be.

This may be the season we see a few of the youngsters breaking into the first team too , finished the game with five of them on the pitch. Gary Fraser is a bit of a conundrum to me i'm not quite sure he knows what his role i s in the team and I think Archie's main problem will be finding a midfield balance and a way of linking the forward to the midfielders.I think he may see Welsh as his starting Midfielder which might disrupt the partnership of Abdul and Bannigan

i

Lots to agree with there AG. Think we are a better side when big Oz plays and he should be first on the team sheet. Great to see Welsh back, he had a very good game and best of all looked fit and pretty much fearless in the tackle. Didnt think we should have Steveo up front on his own, he is better in behind IMO. lawless will be invaluable in the games to come. Young lads looked hungry and will do us a turn this season.. I think Wee Gary has to up his game if he wants to play. We need a striker and then we are ready for the new season....that's the hard part of course. In Archie we trust. Amoo looks like he could become a fans favourite.

Only game I have seen this pre-season, so what do I know!

Mon the Jags.

Edited by Aberdeenjag

Impressed with David Amoo today. He will be a handful for defences this season to cope with. Not only is he quick but also strong and put in some nice crosses today. Think he will be a big player for us this season.

Good to see Fraser back to his best today, lots of nice passes and touches. Gives us options in midfield.

Cerny had a copula of good saves today but he was clearly at fault for the goal.

Not that I agree with it but I think Archie will have Stevo up front next week. He is still a bit away from being 100% fit on today’s evidence though.

The continuing absence of Seaborne is a worry, having him fit all season would be big for us.

James Penrice may be one to watch, on the short time he was on he looked decent.

Edited by Alan Murray

Not much to add. We desperately need a striker in. Stevo won't do, even in an emergency. The two young boys at the back are coming on leaps and bounds however it will be harder when the real action starts from next week. Lawless will be a massive miss next week. The midfield is looking good but if Welsh keeps his fitness I am not sure where Gary Fraser is going to fit in. Still that's a good problem to have. Amoo looked very dangerous today and he has got pace to burn. Get a half decent striker in and things will be looking quite healthy.

Edited by Lindau

Based on the following quote, I'd suggest Welsh will be offered a new contract...

“After two years of tough times, the goal was the icing on the cake for him. It’s his first goal, I think, since beating Airdrie in the 2012/13 season and it was a cracker. He’s had a good run of it during this pre-season and hopefully we can guide him through and get him back to his best.”

Thought the team had a good run out today, youngsters were encouraging

Amoo looks good,

Lawless looks very hungry (and hairy),

Welsh bossed the midfield,

Fraser was good but roams and not too sure is he an attacking, defending or holding midfielder at the moment

Banzo great as usual,

Stevo played well but isn't an out an out striker.

Miller was ok but no SOD,

Fran's solid

Booth played well

Lindsay had a decent game, looks comfortable when Fran's is beside him, less so when Fran's went off

McDaid was lively when he came on

Doolan very anonymous for brief spell

Our new keeper, sold the goal and dived over a shot that went wide, hopefully just training match madness

We desperately need another option for upfront. A lot of good options in midfield, when Archie settles the selection, and hopefully we have a fit Welsh all season and beyond.

Oh and Kingsley looks smaller in real life than on the TV