Crowd V Killie

Auld Jag

It's not just the tannoy system that's useless - it's also the guy who does it.

But on to my main point. Does anyone else think that there's a lack of confidence within the boardroom as regards our prospects this season? If it's true that they've only been offering 12 month deals, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence does it? Maybe that lack of confidence and malaise has got to the terraces.

• 2 weeks later...

If Aberdeen and Hearts (Well and County opponents on Saturday) come to Firhill on the same form they're on at the moment, what do you think the crowds will be at Firhill

Lo and behold, 2462 home fans today, less than what we attracted v wee diddy Kilmarnock, compared to today against one of the "big teams".

Let me be the first to say, the club are doing all they can and the supporters aren't pulling their own weight. 7,822 the first game back in this league attracted. A game I and my dad who both attended today missed due to holiday. So, we have lost over double our fanbase in that period!? Fairweather, gloryhunting ******s with delusions of grandeur, and that's just the ones that don't turn up. I have to say, some of the people there today should really reconsider what football team they support, and this is across both stands, based on conversation between me and my mates. Mumping, moaning, shouting abuse all game. What do these nuggets expect? If you want to watch a team that wins every week **** off to one of the two arsecheeks! I even had a mate of mine today who is never off Archie's back who decided he couldn't be arsed constantly harassing me for updates on the game.

Our fanbase is a disgrace. I can accept people not going during the Campbell era when the club was a joke top to bottom, the football was rotten and the results equally as bad, but at the moment, people really need to get a ******* grip. 2462 fans, today, less than the amount of away fans. That's why there won't be anymore new signings and we will be fighting relegation all season long. Not a pot to piss in.

• Like 2

Lo and behold, 2462 home fans today, less than what we attracted v wee diddy Kilmarnock, compared to today against one of the "big teams".

Let me be the first to say, the club are doing all they can and the supporters aren't pulling their own weight. 7,822 the first game back in this league attracted. A game I and my dad who both attended today missed due to holiday. So, we have lost over double our fanbase in that period!? Fairweather, gloryhunting ******s with delusions of grandeur, and that's just the ones that don't turn up. I have to say, some of the people there today should really reconsider what football team they support, and this is across both stands, based on conversation between me and my mates. Mumping, moaning, shouting abuse all game. What do these nuggets expect? If you want to watch a team that wins every week **** off to one of the two arsecheeks! I even had a mate of mine today who is never off Archie's back who decided he couldn't be arsed constantly harassing me for updates on the game.

Our fanbase is a disgrace. I can accept people not going during the Campbell era when the club was a joke top to bottom, the football was rotten and the results equally as bad, but at the moment, people really need to get a ******* grip. 2462 fans, today, less than the amount of away fans. That's why there won't be anymore new signings and we will be fighting relegation all season long. Not a pot to piss in.

You have a go at the people who don't go, and then you have a go at the people who do go. Well done in being universally stupid, that takes some doing.

It's always someone else's fault, isn't it? The manager, the board, the players. Thistle's current fan base is a disgrace. Turn out when we're winning the First, hang around long enough to see us stay up, then bugger off when it becomes clear that we'll lose more than we win. 'Partick Thistle football team loses game' shock horror. Once upon a time, Thistle fans took that in their stride. Now we've got folk who have a ridiculous sense of entitlement and blame everyone (anyone) when they don't get what they want.

It's a balancing act though.

Product on the park is considered a success by some in that we've survived in SPL last couple of seasons.

Others may argue that it's predictable in terms of same script/tactics week in, week out regardless of whether we're winning, losing or drawing.

The money is a big thing. It's far too expensive. Now I realise that's not PTFCs fault & they're doing their best with 2 game packages, 5 games etc.

Truth is we're suffering because the TV deal down South means we're having to pay bigger wages to guys from the English lower leagues who on the whole are not any better than what's already at the club which in turn means admission prices are too steep.

We're not the only club suffering. Even the ugly sisters have seen a drop in their ST sales. Thing is, they can afford it better than us.

Of course winning will attract more folk, but with the current financial climate you can't blame folk if they decide their monies are spent better elsewhere.

Even the North Stand looked down on numbers yesterday.

Can we just take a wee breath. I know we are only 3 home games into the season. But each one so far is higher than the corresponding fixture last year. In fact this year's attendances have been around about the average of the previous two.

Obviously performances and results have been poorer, which may well have an impact in the coming weeks and months, but so far it isn't as bad as some are making out.

maybe they aren't too keen on paying £22 to watch a team that rarely has a shot at the oppositions goal.

Here's my take on why some fans are not turning up. I was at Firhill yesterday with my 5 year old for the first time this season. I used to be a season ticket holder and went home and away. I loved the 1st division season last when we had a great team. Being a dad of young kids means I can't get over as often as I'd like to for our stay in the top league. I felt the season started too early this year for me anyway what with school summer holidays still being on.

Anyway, my boy loved it yesterday. He got his photo taken with Kingsley, got to shout out "mon the Jags" at the top of his voice, got a pie at half time and got to see his dad shouting at the man in blue in the middle of the park. Although this was his second ever Thistle game and he's yet to see us score he wants me to bring his wee brother along too next time. I've also converted a nephew whose family ties are with the green arsecheek. I can see in a couple of years me and three boys going along to the games and another generation of jags being secured.

I know a few other ex regulars who are in the same boat and get to games as often as they can but nowhere near as much as they used to. These things go in cycles. As long as those who are not going as much for the same reasons as me can encourage the younger fans to come along when the time is right for them then that's all we can do.

• Like 2

People go to matches to see goals, not to witness clean cludgies or listen to Ozzy a boggin sound system. I can handle losing by the odd goal in five, seven or what ever but one shot on target per game, and this site wonders where the fans are going...

Reducing the prices in the way the Germans have done cant be the answer as our present fan base is not to healthy at the moment, but perhaps a half price gate at half time might work..

but really the best solution is two attacking forwards at home trying to get the net

Price is an issue but has that not always been an issue? I started coming to games in the early 90s and I can remember people complaining after a defeat about "paying £X to watch that" but nobody ever went down the street saying "what a good win but I still think £X per game is too much". Price always raises its head when a team is not winning but often a team is not winning as it can't compete financially - a bit of chicken and egg situation?

People go to matches to see goals, not to witness clean cludgies or listen to Ozzy a boggin sound system. I can handle losing by the odd goal in five, seven or what ever but one shot on target per game, and this site wonders where the fans are going...

Reducing the prices in the way the Germans have done cant be the answer as our present fan base is not to healthy at the moment, but perhaps a half price gate at half time might work..

but really the best solution is two attacking forwards at home trying to get the net

If I thought every game was going to be like the 2nd half v Falkirk I probably wouldn't turn up. Certainly wouldn't renew my season ticket.

I do tho' want to see Lawless play more often off the shoulder of whatever striker we play. That and midfielders running past the striker into scoring positions. Yesterday was no different from most games we've played this season in so far as we're not wasting countless goal scoring opportunities. Rather we're simply not creating nearly enough.