Crowd V Killie

Auld Jag

Reading some posts on this forum some fans seem to want us back down in the championship.I know the Premiership has its faults,but surely we should want to have Thistle playing at the highest level possible? This Saturday we play Kilmarnock at Firhill lets hope the fans that didn't come to the Celtic game come to this one and get behind the team. If our crowds are not better than last season i can see us going down.Lets get behind the team at Firhill and show everybody that we are proud to be Thistle fans and we deserve to be in this league.I hope we get over 4000 on Saturday.

To keep or improve our squad we need fans turning up.If more turned up last season we might still have the player who could be the match winner playing for us instead of against us.

Naw, the lure of a plastic pitch was too tempting.

I'd rather see the home crowds improve slowly game by game than turn up in numbers now and again. Sustainability over fickleness.

• Like 2

I was at Hamilton so far this season, and my next games will be Hearts away then Falkirk in the cup due to various other commitments.

I'd echo the sentiment though that small, sustainable growth over a long period of time is the thing we should aim for. It's absolutely the correct way to go about expanding the club.

• Like 1

Looking forward to Saturday: nice weather, a chance to settle into the new season, a striker starting, a referee other than the ghastly WC or JB and a veritable doing issued to the K*llie.

Aaah yes.

Which bit are you trolling with?

The weather or starting with a striker on the pitch?

• Like 2

Still very optimistic for the long haul. Had a nice summer of publicity, made a few good signings, have some promising young players, now we just need the results.

I'd go with this. Taking a step back and viewing it over a longer period of time, this has got to be one of the better periods to be a Jags fan.

I was in the local footy pub watching the game at 6:30 Sunday morning, pub full of Arsenal fans waiting to lose to West Ham, and for about 45 minutes Thistle/Celtic was the only game on TV.

Heard several Arsenal fans mentioning Kingsley - usually just as "that sun mascot" - and had one person actually ask me about it. So it's made an impression over here amongst people who otherwise would never know we existed.

So it doesn't make us a household name here but even slight recognition is better then none.

• Like 1

After a battling point midweek along with a more positive starting 11, I think we'll have a good turnout in the home end. And with Killie getting s point against Sellick, I reckon there will be a good travelling support.

A total crowd of Just shy of 4,000 I'm guessing.

I am completely confused with the Thistle support, I have been a life long fan and have at times been desperate to see my team in the top league. Totally despondent of the seasons in the lower reaches of the first division never mind the really dark days were we struggled to get out off div 2.

Here we are 3rd season in the top league in Scotland and there is an apparent apathy in the Jags support, come on!!!

Get out & support the team if you are able it doesn't get better than this, if you think it does don't lie to yourself and get behind one of the auld firm they deserve you.

• Like 3

I am completely confused with the Thistle support, I have been a life long fan and have at times been desperate to see my team in the top league. Totally despondent of the seasons in the lower reaches of the first division never mind the really dark days were we struggled to get out off div 2.

Here we are 3rd season in the top league in Scotland and there is an apparent apathy in the Jags support, come on!!!

Get out & support the team if you are able it doesn't get better than this, if you think it does don't lie to yourself and get behind one of the auld firm they deserve you.

Include me in the apathy crew. Quite fancy it the day but struggling to find the positives to lash £22 on this. Got bore draw written all over it. Was planning on taking the wean but terrified we go along and we start wi Stevenson up front again. Could be Christmas at this rate before we score and the wee man will end up getting scarred for life. If at all possible I want Firhill visits for him to be positive experiences. Last time we went he lost interest and has never asked to go back. Think I might just save the cash as I'm going to Tynecastle next week anyway.

Edited by The Legend Blows

Include me in the apathy crew. Quite fancy it the day but struggling to find the positives to lash £22 on this. Got bore draw written all over it. Was planning on taking the wean but terrified we go along and we start wi Stevenson up front again. Could be Christmas at this rate before we score and the wee man will end up getting scarred for life. If at all possible I want Firhill visits for him to be positive experiences. Last time we went he lost interest and has never asked to go back. Think I might just save the cash as I'm going to Tynecastle next week anyway.

Interesting one. We're more likely to lose at Tynecastle next week than we are at home to Killie. But (unless you're on a freebie next week), you'd rather give your money to Hearts than to Thistle?

ETA: What if you turn up at Tynecastle and it's Stevenson up front again?

Edited by Jaggernaut
  • Like 2

Lovely sunny day forecast, first "proper" home game of the season so why not come along. Yes it may end up as a 0-0 but it could be a great victory for us as well. The management, coaches and players have their part to play but we as supporters have our role as well so lets all pull together and remember it is Thistle that is the important thing here!

• Like 1