V Rangers Of The East

Veejag

I've seen plenty to be depressed about.

2 goals scored in 5 games, 2 clean sheets, little support from midfield, little number of chances created, poor set pieces, lack of confidence, poor discipline, poor signings to replace the players we lost (not including Cerny within that).

How long will the "early days" excuse be trotted out?

Bang on sir.

Amos performance was nearly as bad, he looks totally lacking in confidence and his ability is severely in question!

Hoping this comment is under the influence. Amoo is clearly unable to play on the left being so right footed. If someone is not able to play out of position then move him to his preferred position

Our F*$kwit of a manager couldn't see this even up until the point he was substituted. Quite possibly the reason we were so ineffective and ultimately lost the game so cheaply.

"There was no pass marks today". Cerny was certainly a pass. So clearly this is filed in the "talking shite" category.

We were outplayed by a much better team. Out played on a day when two of our best players couldn't make the starting line up. Get some perspective.

As for this pish about being "up for it" v big teams. That might work in a cup tie but not week to week.

If Thistle fans are absolutely honest they would say, with the exception of the Killie game, the points have fallen as predicted.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

Firstly, if you lose too players like Lawless and Osman, clearly it's an uphill battle. Hearts are a good outfit, apart from Celtic, that's as good a first 45 i've seen from the opposition.

At this stage, we are 2 points off where we should be imo. I leave the hand wringing to the usual suspects. There's enough off them . Shown up as ill informed, petulant mugs around February when we turned it around.

As for Stevenson, are you lot cutting and pasting from this time last season? The guy had an op. He's clearly still not himself.

The abuse towards him by some so called Thistle fans( who then left early after questioning his committment) was nothing short of disgraceful.

Well, he shouldn't be near the starting XI then. I've not seen any game 'live' this season, but any time I've seen him for Thistle, he's been disappointing. I don't think I've ever seen him look fit and he doesn't display the natural ability (e.g. Charnley) that can disguise that, especially not nowadays. Fitness is king in our league.

Anyway, never rated him, never will and he doesn't suit our style of play - beats me why he gets a game every week.

Please prove me wrong Ryan, please...

Hoping this comment is under the influence. Amoo is clearly unable to play on the left being so right footed. If someone is not able to play out of position then move him to his preferred position

Our F*$kwit of a manager couldn't see this even up until the point he was substituted. Quite possibly the reason we were so ineffective and ultimately lost the game so cheaply.

Having right footed players on the left wing and vice versa is the current fad in the game. I'm not a fan but it's not just Archie using this tactic, managers all over are doing it.

• Like 1

"There was no pass marks today". Cerny was certainly a pass. So clearly this is filed in the "talking shite" category.

We were outplayed by a much better team. Out played on a day when two of our best players couldn't make the starting line up. Get some perspective.

As for this pish about being "up for it" v big teams. That might work in a cup tie but not week to week.

If Thistle fans are absolutely honest they would say, with the exception of the Killie game, the points have fallen as predicted.

I'll refer you to your own comment, I guess the 1st goal had nothing to do with Cerny? Don't try and put a positive spin on a bad day the game isn't just about points 700+ jags fans went to Tyncastle to see their team and got F all value for money so don't give me your dire tribe it doesn't cut it.

I"ll back the Jags long past your attension span but today wasn't a day to be a proud Jags fan no matter how much you try to abuse the genuine fan.

The game is absolutely all about points. As we discovered in our first season back. As for not being proud to be a Jags fan, pretty ridiculous stuff....

Re Stevo, that's the point. Many never rated him anyway and they retro fit that dislike into some sort of BS reasoning.

Edited by La Scimmia Rossa

You look at the league table, it's pretty clear that at this stage the top three clubs are playing at a level above the rest. 13 wins out of 14 (and a pretty freaky draw). Outwith our games against Celtic and Hearts we've looked fine. Unbeaten, and remember two out of three we've been away, and two out of three we've gone down to ten men.

You obviously need wins, but I'm confident that they'll come. No reason why (or evidence that) we can't compete comfortably with the rest.

Sounds like yesterday was pretty poor, and I'm not defending a performance. But I'm surprised at the extent of misery on here (you'd think I'd learn). I'm just trying to throw in a bit of perspective while I see this forum descending into one of its glooms.

• Like 1

Perspective...

Early doors...

2 points behind in 'virtual table'

A good number of cliches being used I see.

'Perspective' - Well let's look at the facts.

How many goals? In fact how many shots on target over the first 5 games?The Celtic game especially was disappointing in the sense of first 35 minutes it was nothing more than a glorified training session.

Goals conceded from set pieces (esp corners) a major concern.

The midfield balance is not working. Too pedestrian. No one busting a gut to support front man.

Signings... Well to go back even to last season. I wonder how the management team saw Ryan Stevenson fitting in the team. He's not a striker, they obviously don't fancy him in one of the wide positions (work rate not good enough?) & in behind striker not suiting him. Tactics, lack of ball or being asked to be defensive first? See midfield balance not working...

Our scouting system which was being praised early in the Summer with Kevin Dillon spotting players for us has gone to picking up players from the PFA showcase (Gary Miller) & Rudi Vata recommendations.

Jury out on Amoo at the moment. I get the reason why you play him on the left but if he's going to be as one footed as he seems I can't see it working. May as well play him right & use his pace.

'Early Doors'- Curious as to when that stops being used? After next weekend or the following game again after the international break?

The '2 points behind'. How's that figured? We should've drawn with Celtic & Hearts or maybe beaten Killie or ICT or Hamilton?

We play the second favs for the title at home next week. For those who said that yesterday result should've been expected etc & move on. What's their thoughts on next weekend?

& then folk wonder why we're losing fans when the 'perspective' of some is we can't be expected that beat certain teams.

• Like 1

Was at the game yesterday with Jambo neighbour and our daughters. Neighbour was interested where Setvenson would be playing, and I assumed when I saw the teams that he would be left side. He reckoned that would be a good move, as their right back is hot-headed and would be a guaranteed booking with Stevo winding him up.

Couldn't believe Amoo was on the left. He looked really lacking in confidence and only had one run and cut back in the first half. Gary Fraser looked lost and was always coming inside to the CM role. So basically, our full-backs had no out ball with Fraser and Amoo not really being available. The other disappointment was that I thought our centre three would be to good for hearts as I reckon Welsh, Banzo and Stevo all better than Bauben. But the game largely passed by these guys too.

Stevo really misjudged the game and tried to be too palsy with the Hearts crowd. Clapping their fans and not ours when he was subbed was a real error of judgement which he's probably regretting. I think he can be a good player for us but he doesn't look fit. He's probably still recovering from his summer op.

Bad day at the office unfortunately, but agree with other posts that on the whole we should be competitive this year.

Edited by Jaggy Bunnet

I think if everyone had been fit or not suspended then the team would have looked a lot different.

I'm not sure Seabourne (is he even fit?), Stevenson, Fraser or Doolan would have started.

I'm not sure if Amoo is good enough for us but he's definitely not performing well enough.

I'd like to see McDaid against Falkirk.

Poor performance all round yesterday and, as usually happens, we contribute to our own downfall.

The otherwise excellent Cerny flapped at the first, a ridiculous challenge by Banzo for the penalty, the shocking follow up to the Cerny save and then goodness knows what happened to Freddie at the third.

When we are away at grounds like Tynecastle we need to hold the ball up better and put pressure on at set pieces. Barring the Osman header near the end, we never bothered Hearts once at corners. I see Gary Fraser getting the blame for over hitting them. Why do we not have someone on the back post though? It is basic tactics to make sure that the ball can come back in if played deep or defender gets a nick on it etc. It infuriates me that we can't do something so simple, especially after witnessing it happen so many times. I see we actually had more corners than Hearts in the game.

Seaborne stands too far off his man when they are running at him. I think he brings better organisation to the defence but he is far too hesitant. I first saw Amoo at Falkirk and I haven't seen anything from him yet the suggests he is going to be an asset for us. Right. Left. Doesn't matter. McDaid did more in the short time he was on than Amoo did the whole game. Why so long for the substitution?

Stevenson simply cannot be defended for what he did yesterday. Whether the section of Jags fans that were upset at him putting the ball out of play for the 'injured' player were right or wrong, to deliberately do what he did upon his substitution was pretty disrespectful, especially as many Thistle fans were applauding him at the time.

Hard to take many positives form yesterday. Perhaps Cerny's performance, albeit he was at fault for the first goal.

We really need some points on the board quickly. Perhaps those that know how many points we should get from each game could let me know what the score is going to be on Saturday?

You look at the league table, it's pretty clear that at this stage the top three clubs are playing at a level above the rest. 13 wins out of 14 (and a pretty freaky draw). Outwith our games against Celtic and Hearts we've looked fine. Unbeaten, and remember two out of three we've been away, and two out of three we've gone down to ten men.

You obviously need wins, but I'm confident that they'll come. No reason why (or evidence that) we can't compete comfortably with the rest.

Sounds like yesterday was pretty poor, and I'm not defending a performance. But I'm surprised at the extent of misery on here (you'd think I'd learn). I'm just trying to throw in a bit of perspective while I see this forum descending into one of its glooms.

That seems reasonable. We've lost two matches, against the top two in the league. A couple of wins are needed to kickstart our season; for example, Motherwell have lost 4 out of 5, but their single win puts them even with us. Even after shipping three yesterday we've conceded fewer goal than any other team currently in the bottom six. More worryingly though, we've scored fewer than any other team. As somebody pointed out, the lack of shots on target in several matches is a problem.

Just back from a night at The Fringe, to be honest that was the highlight from yesterday!!. No ifs, no buts, it was a piss poor performance. I didn't expect us to get much from the Celtic and Hearts games, but I would have expected us to put up a better show than what we have provided. I said at the start of the season that due to the apparent budget cut, that this would be Archie's most difficult season. We have a reasonable 1st team when everyone is fit, but we have a real lack of depth in the squad as has been witnessed by the bench, in the last few games, hence why I was amazed, but not surprised, that so many on here made it clear that they would rather Celtic got knocked out the CL than our club get £150,000. I honestly think it would benefit us more that most other clubs as all the teams round about us have beefed up their squads whereas we are now relying on the young guys to fill the bench. If Pogba is unfit and let's face it, he still has to prove that he can cut it at this level,we are struggling up front and at the moment and despite us having half decent midfielders, the mix in midfield is not right, hence we are not creating a lot. It's very early in the season, but I think we are going to have our work cut out to stay out of the bottom 2

Edited by Lindau

Just paid Hearts 9 quid to watch the game, wish I could have paid my club that money instead.

And twenty minutes later a Hearts fan sent me their login details. FFS.

I've watched two games this year, yesterday's and Celtic, and, on the evidence of those two games anyway, it would we appear that we are still very, very cuddly.

Not scoring in those games can be excused but not to have a fecking shot on target hurts.

I suppose if I'm honest I've never fully appreciated the benefits of panicking.

Given circumstances (sending offs, injuries early in the season, budget cuts) I don't think we are far off where most people expected us to be. The draw at Hamilton was good, considering circumstances, the draw at Inverness, certainly at the time, was good. Last week was disappointing, despite having played really well. The game should have been won in the first half hour, then another sending off. Never expected anything v Hearts, Celtic and I think the best we can hope for next week is a draw. The next 4/5 games after Aberdeen, will give us a fair idea how the season is gonna pan out and hopefully we might have a couple more players on board by then.

• Like 1

After yesterday's defeat against the league leaders, I turned by attention to a different matter. I was hoping for the first 2 subs to come on yesterday, osman and lawless, but hoped they would replace Frans and Fraser. Simply to have 11 players on the park wearing the numbers 1 to 11.

When was the last time that happened?

You do have to question our mentality, on and off the pitch. We appear to be the top flight's 'Scotland'.

Being pragmatic is all well and good, I suppose. You're never truly disappointed. But we have to stop compartmentalising games as winnable and unwinnable. I'd love to see us adopt the attitude possessed by Hamilton at the beginning of last season. It bred the sort of self confidence we're woefully short of.

• Like 1