Falkirk Game

Auld Jag

That game was a write off. The midfield were non existent. No one was looking for the ball. All the fluidity and space we can play was not there. Then when Pogba came on it was long balls which would end up in the gaps between attack and midfield or midfield and defence.

Throw in negativity from the crowd and the players simply did not look for the ball and were scared of messing up.

From that performance we are lacking pace to break early. Players who are an outlet to hold the ball. Ability to switch play quickly from one side to other. I'm not saying we don't have players with ability to do this but they did not perform the functions described.

An absolute waste of time...perhaps Archie was treating it that way.......

Will be interested to hear what his reaction to that is...what pre match plan didn't work this time??.

Only players to just about get pass marks from me was Big Pogba and Hendry.

No idea how we can turn it round with this squad of players.. No shape or clue how to play effectively together.

Is there a clause that we can exploit to get Amoo off the wage bill, horrendous player!

After Saturday there were people on the forum saying we are only a few points away from where they expected us to be and that all will be rosey in the garden soon enough. Can I ask them what the @@@@ that was tonight? We are rotten, clueless, no idea or invention in the team, creativity zero.

Not even worth picking out the issues with each player. Did their keeper make a save tonight? We must have the lowest shots on goal in league football.

It would be typical thistle to put 3 past Aberdeen on Saturday but I can't see it.

Peter Houston spent the whole match barking instructions to his players, organising, keeping them on their toes. Animated the whole game. I think we were having a sponsored silence.

I'll no doubt read Archie's comments about being disappointed, like the Celtic and Hearts game but there is something not right about us at the minute. This squad looks like it is going to be in a relegation battle.

• Like 2

Their keeper had no saves to make entire game.

We had no efforts at goal in first half.

We did not win any headers from any of our corners all night.

Miller and Amoo should never have been signed.

Stevenson is clearly unfit

We have zilch creativity

Our management team are too negative in their line up and "tactics"

We're going down.

• Like 1

Their keeper had no saves to make entire game.

We had no efforts at goal in first half.

We did not win any headers from any of our corners all night.

Miller and Amoo should never have been signed.

Stevenson is clearly unfit

We have zilch creativity

Our management team are too negative in their line up and "tactics"

We're going down.

This.

The tactics and team was a mess tonight whereas Houston got it spot on. McDaid deserved a start tonight instead of Amoo. Lindsay is better than Seabourne.

I don't think any of them look fit. Seabourne and Stevenson have been injured but even Lawless looks a mile off the pace.

That will be the last time I am at Firhill for a long time I think. I’ve always been a massive active supporter of the club both home and away, but I don’t work 40+hrs a week so I can spend my hard earned money watching that utter crap!

Relegation stuff for sure. During our first season back in the SPL we lost a fair few games to say the least. But you could never fault the effort or entertainment value of the football we played. This season is the polar opposite. It is predictable nonsense week in week out from a management team who seem to have run out of ideas. We’ve lost a lot of crucial players over the summer, but the replacements look mediocre to say the least. Say what you like about Higgy’s motives, but Amoo looks honking. And I’m not scapegoating him by any means, as the whole team, bar a few, are equally culpable.

So call me a “doom merchant” all you like. But we are almost into September and barely managed double figures for attempts on goal. That coupled with only 2 goals scored, 2 red cards and out of a cup already makes me think this is going to be a dire season without major changes.

• Like 1

Why did Amoo get hooked at half-time? Injured? Did he at least manage to run past the lower league defenders on occasion?

When played on the right side, he managed to get a ball in twice I think. But was then moved to the left and had no joy whatsoever. He was one of many that could have been subbed at half time but wasn't the worst player on the park imo.

A poor start to the season became a woeful one last night. The most galling thing is that Falkirk's fans and players were convinced they were going to win, and so it came to pass.

We're viewed as a soft touch. The easiest draw, despite the fact we've spent two full seasons in the top league.

We don't put the opposition on the back foot when we're in possession and we aren't in their faces when we're not. Some of our more senior players have to face the rap for that. Osman's been particularly guilty of that; he's cruising.

We're one paced and one dimensional. There are signs that lessons aren't being learned. That's three consecutive games that a failure to clear our lines at a set piece has resulted in a goal.

We remind me of St. Mirren last season.

The manager has to - and I'm sure he will - accept some of the blame.

It lookes like some first-half failings had been identified and steps were being taken to rectify them. But it's likely that we'll continue to cram square pegs into round holes.

I'm not sure what the solution is. Perhaps we start with three at the back, with the pace of Lindsay and Hendry complementing Seabourne's nous. But something has to change.

Edited by Dark Passenger

That will be the last time I am at Firhill for a long time I think. I’ve always been a massive active supporter of the club both home and away, but I don’t work 40+hrs a week so I can spend my hard earned money watching that utter crap!

Relegation stuff for sure. During our first season back in the SPL we lost a fair few games to say the least. But you could never fault the effort or entertainment value of the football we played. This season is the polar opposite. It is predictable nonsense week in week out from a management team who seem to have run out of ideas. We’ve lost a lot of crucial players over the summer, but the replacements look mediocre to say the least. Say what you like about Higgy’s motives, but Amoo looks honking. And I’m not scapegoating him by any means, as the whole team, bar a few, are equally culpable.

So call me a “doom merchant” all you like. But we are almost into September and barely managed double figures for attempts on goal. That coupled with only 2 goals scored, 2 red cards and out of a cup already makes me think this is going to be a dire season without major changes.

If you're looking for guaranteed wins then there will be plenty of seats at Parkhead. It's early in the season so instead of throwing your toys out the pram how about supporting the club. Look at Ross county last season. A much worse start than us.

Falkirk looked like they played a division above us last night, not the other way round.

Their players were fitter, they moved the ball quicker, and most importantly they wanted it more. In the end we were lucky to escape with a 1-0 defeat. Apart from Pogba's chance, we didn't trouble their keeper at all.

Absolutely no urgency from us at all, even in the closing stages. There was a real lack of hunger and desire throughout the team and we played the game at a snail's pace, allowing Falkirk to close us down quickly and retain their shape.

On that form, we will be relegated, there can be absolutely no doubt about that. When you are beaten so comfortably at home by a team in the league below, there is no other conclusion to be drawn.

If you're looking for guaranteed wins then there will be plenty of seats at Parkhead. It's early in the season so instead of throwing your toys out the pram how about supporting the club. Look at Ross county last season. A much worse start than us.

Who turned it around by getting rid of their manager and signing an entirely different team.

But apart from that good point chief.

Lets be honest, Falkirk strolled through the second half. Not that they didn't work hard, just they didn't really have to.

They had more shots on target and more possession.

Someone said yesterday that Archie was 'taking this competition seriously' - thank goodness we weren't taking it lightly!

A poor start to the season became a woeful one last night. The moat galling thing is that Falkirk's fans and players were convinced they were going to win, and so it came to pass.

We're viewed as a soft touch. The easiest draw, despite the fact we've spent two full seasons in the top league.

We don't put the opposition on the back foot when we're in possession and we aren't in their faces when we're not. Some of our more senior players have to face the rap for that. Osman's been particularly guilty of that; he's cruising.

We're one paced and one dimensional. There are signs that lessons aren't being learned. That's three consecutive games that a failure to clear our lines at a set piece has resulted in a goal.

We remind me of St. Mirren last season.

The manager has to - and I'm sure he will - accept some of the blame.

It lookes like some first-half failings had been identified and steps were being taken to rectify them. But it's likely that we'll continue to cram square pegs into round holes.

I'm not sure what the solution is. Perhaps we start with three at the back, with the pace of Lindsay and Hendry complementing Seabourne's nous. But something has to change.

Falkirk looked like they played a division above us last night, not the other way round.

Their players were fitter, they moved the ball quicker, and most importantly they wanted it more. In the end we were lucky to escape with a 1-0 defeat. Apart from Pogba's chance, we didn't trouble their keeper at all.

Absolutely no urgency from us at all, even in the closing stages. There was a real lack of hunger and desire throughout the team and we played the game at a snail's pace, allowing Falkirk to close us down quickly and retain their shape.

On that form, we will be relegated, there can be absolutely no doubt about that. When you are beaten so comfortably at home by a team in the league below, there is no other conclusion to be drawn.

These both sum up my thoughts on last nights performance.

We need to show fight and pride in our play, even if the play itself isn't great on the eye during spells in the game. That's the very least I expect from our team. Too many passengers last night.

It's still very early in the season, too early to go too over the top in my opinion but that was woeful last night.

I think we all knew it was going to be a tough season and I myself believe we will not reach the heights of 8th again. The players have their part to play in putting in something to shout about but the last thing we need is a real negative vibe at every home game.

That said though, I'm up for a relegation scrap if it comes our way. The worrying thing for me is I don't think a lot of our fans are.

I'm not looking for guaranteed wins. I'm looking for some effort and desire from a bunch of players who aren't even losing with grace anymore. So don't question my loyalty to a club I've spent literally thousands of pounds over the past decade supporting both at Firhill and away. But between Hearts and Falkirk, I've handed over close to £40 of my hard earned money for nothing in return. I'm not asking for wins, I'm simply asking for some effort from the players.

I'm not looking for guaranteed wins. I'm looking for some effort and desire from a bunch of players who aren't even losing with grace anymore. So don't question my loyalty to a club I've spent literally thousands of pounds over the past decade supporting both at Firhill and away. But between Hearts and Falkirk, I've handed over close to £40 of my hard earned money for nothing in return. I'm not asking for wins, I'm simply asking for some effort from the players.

I agree. Never went to Tynecastle. Watched Falkirk and it was very poor. However Kilmarnock, Hamilton and Inverness games were different. If you've spent all that money then I'm sure it's not the first time you've been disappointed either.

I'll take a positive from last night. Before, I was thinking I had no idea who our best midfield pairing would be. Now, at least I know it's not Fraser and Osman.

We sorely missed Bannigan and/or Welsh in there, someone to come looking for the ball from the centre back and carry it. Nobody seemed to want the ball. Stevenson was 30 yards deeper than he should have been at times, just to try to get a touch. He wasn't good, but at least didn't hide for the first half. Fraser seemed to spend the first half drifting out to the right instead of coming to get the ball centrally, just waiting to try play the superstar cross field pass every time. Can't really blame him for being confused as to where he was asked to play after the subs, but he needs to stop with the constant 50 yard passes. We seemed to abandon any hope of playing a formation after the subs.

Difficult to single anyone out given the overall team 'effort', but real off nights in particular for both full backs. Worrying start to the season considering we have no cover there.

• Like 1

I've run out of likes: this hits the nail on the head.