In Archie We Trust

the saint

I wouldn't class Fraser as an out-and-out attacking midfielder. He's very similar to Welsh and Bannigan. Let's see how the boy Edwards looks.

I'll say this for Archie, I've been critical of his like-for-like substitutions in recent weeks but subbing Doolan for Nisbet on Saturday looked, on the face of it, a big gamble that nearly paid off.

It suggests that he's conceded that his tried and tested methods aren't paying dividends, but now has the personnel to shift things around.

It was another poor result, but an improved performance and I'm confident that a win can follow at the weekend.

Rather than being downbeat, I'm weirdly optimistic and completely fired up for Saturday already.

I wouldn't class Fraser as an out-and-out attacking midfielder. He's very similar to Welsh and Bannigan. Let's see how the boy Edwards looks.

I'll say this for Archie, I've been critical of his like-for-like substitutions in recent weeks but subbing Doolan for Nisbet on Saturday looked, on the face of it, a big gamble that nearly paid off.

It suggests that he's conceded that his tried and tested methods aren't paying dividends, but now has the personnel to shift things around.

It was another poor result, but an improved performance and I'm confident that a win can follow at the weekend.

Rather than being downbeat, I'm weirdly optimistic and completely fired up for Saturday already.

I can't mind many like for like substitutions in the last four or five games but I'd concede there's little change in formation and/or tactics resulting from substitutions. Only against Falkirk and has the formation changed during play. On Saturday as DP says it was more the personnel changes that made what should have been the difference.

I keep returning to the slow predictable build up play from Seaborne and Frans (the latter the guiltier of the two) which I feel jeopardises the effectiveness of the formation. It might even be with faster distribution from the back that the centre mid trio could concentrate on being more positive. As it is the ponderous movement from the centrebacks draws the midfield back in turn forcing Dumbaya and particularly Booth into making their runs too early (often from their own half).And so on. Certainly need full backs hitting the byeline more often.

Just gut feeling but I reckon it's that drop off in pace that's the major factor in our poor run. Kinda like last season when Higginbotham after his injury was not quite the same player he was before.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Watched the Killie highlights on Sportscene on Sunday and other than obviously missing SOD and Taylor this season, it's clear we are missing Higgy. He was making some great runs from midfield and has made several of their goals this season. Yip,he was very inconsistent for us but an in form Higgy made a huge difference to our side

Osman or Welsh deserve to be benched on their recent form, but I'd rather see Wilson play than Fraser.

My problem with Fraser is that he needs to do the simple things better.

He's a quality player but if he wants to play Centre Mid then he'll need to track back more. He also needs to learn that not all passes need to be 40 yarders, and he doesn't need to shoot every time he gets the ball 25 yards from goal.