Saints V Jags

Lindau

would be interested to hear the opinion of those who were at the game re the searching/patting down episode before being allowed through the turnstiles.

What would have happened if I had refused to be "patted down"??

(oh, and do they do that when the other Glasgow team visit? hmmm?)

I'm with you on that.

It makes me furious that in order to attend a sporting event I have to submit to searching like a common criminal or be refused admission.

I complained to the stewards, who were very civil, and was told "it's because of what happened at the Scotland game". I have no idea what that means or how it relates to a domestic fixture with no history of bother.

Ridiculous way to treat your paying customers.

I complained to the stewards, who were very civil, and was told "it's because of what happened at the Scotland game". I have no idea what that means or how it relates to a domestic fixture with no history of bother.

I was talking to my mate on friday night who is involved with stewarding at Hampden and Firhill and he was saying the Polish fans had caused all sorts of bother. Apparently the stewards had confiscated hundreds of Flares off the Poles but they still let off loads inside the ground. The SFA are in trouble over it and also the amount of trouble caused by the Poles in other parts of the ground.

Always meant to follow up

I'm with you on that.

It makes me furious that in order to attend a sporting event I have to submit to searching like a common criminal or be refused admission.

Ridiculous way to treat your paying customers.

Thought the worst case of over zealous frisking was back in the summer at Falkirk. I actually objected to getting frisked but had been "patted down" while I was complaining. This nonsense before a feckin' friendly! Meantime the other day, despite we have to assume vigorous attention from the St James Park stewards, our rugger brethren were able to smuggle in bagpipes.

Never had a problem being searched going in to the ground or into any event where thousands of people attend. Makes sense to me. When Celtic fans bring flares or smoke bombs in do you complain that the stewarding was to lenient?

The difference is that our friends from the east have a great deal of previous in this connection.

Thistle fans have none.

The response should equal the treat.

Re: Osman Stone wall penalty. We got lucky.

Slow motion looks like his hand is in the penalty area but he kind of jumps out of the area at the same time so part of his body is just outside. Penalty of course but in real time it's difficult for the ref to see whether he was in or out when the ball is touched. Where we got lucky is that the ref actually made the decision that since there was doubt in his mind he couldn't give it. So many times I've seen refs give something they couldn't have seen and were just assuming something happened. I guess it was made easier for the ref to deny the penalty in that he obviously had to send Osman off, giving ST Johnstone an advantage for the last 9-10 minutes of the game.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Re: Osman

Stone wall penalty.

We got lucky.

I do wish everyone would take a little time to read the finer points of the rules and regulations.

Laws of the Game 14 f) sub-clause iii. Numptie Referees. A stonewaller penalty kick is not necessarily awarded by a referee provided he's a Grade A listed numptie. When a defending player deliberately handles/arms the ball within the penalty area a numptie referee may award the attacking team a direct freekick outside the box. Sub-clause iv. Should the defender handling/arming the ball within the penalty area be Jim Goodwin the numptie referee will deem no infringement has taken place. Although that player's arm is in an unnatural position it has been successfully argued so is his entire body, i.e. being on a football pitch in the first place.

• Like 2

Dan Seaborne and Liam Lindsay were outstanding today

liam was certainly better.

but dan? not one for nit picking, especially after that hoodoo breaker of saturday, but yet again saturday highlighted seaborne putting us in trouble ..... and not for the first time.

Yeah; he should simply have stuck with him instead of wandering onto the goal line and leaving him totally unmarked.

as angry gaz and jaggernaut have already noted, seaman dan wandered off like a drifting aimlessly boat at the corner for their goal.

Re: Osman

Stone wall penalty.

We got lucky.

as for the handball-penalty, why did osman have to rush out arms up trying to block the ball going on target? because dan fluffed a lazy clearance out from our six yard line straight to a farmer.

there were other instances he was caught out, left trailing ..... but there were also instances in the match he done well, as in doing his job. so not complete criticism, but highlighting that he wasn't outstanding, and he needs to sharpen up his play and positioning, and spend a wee bit less time running his fingers through his lovely looking wavy hair.

yes, wee case of hair envy going on here. know i'm not alone.

Edited by yoda-jag

liam was certainly better.

but dan? not one for nit picking, especially after that hoodoo breaker of saturday, but yet again saturday highlighted seaborne putting us in trouble ..... and not for the first time.

as angry gaz and jaggernaut have already noted, seaman dan wandered off like a drifting aimlessly boat at the corner for their goal.

as for the handball-penalty, why did osman have to rush out arms up trying to block the ball going on target? because dan fluffed a lazy clearance out from our six yard line straight to a farmer.

there were other instances he was caught out, left trailing ..... but there were also instances in the match he done well, as in doing his job. so not complete criticism, but highlighting that he wasn't outstanding, and he needs to sharpen up his play and positioning, and spend a wee bit less time running his fingers through his lovely looking wavy hair.

yes, wee case of hair envy going on here. know i'm not alone.

Apart from the hair (I have no problems there - na, na, na, nana! :lol: ), I agree wholeheartedly: Dan dominated the high balls coming in and he is very adept at organising the defence, but he does tend to fail to keep up with play. Could a barber help him to keep his mind on the task in hand? :D

Liam was a tower of strength.

Edited by Fearchar