Brown Mcmaster

Tom Hosie

So sorry to hear this sad news. I was only watching him.in grasping the thistle on Tuesday night.The smile on his face when he got the safety certificate for the stadium allowing us to play in the premier league was as wide as the J.H.S. stand.. R.I.P. Brown...

North Stand - "McMaster Stand" ?

Many thanks Brown.

:fan:

Really upset to hear this. Spent some time in his company at the 98 World Cup Finals in France; a really decent guy. Talked for hours about his vision for the Jags. Even if a lot of it didn't come to pass, his passion for the club was so evident. Sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Hello everybody. Heard about Brown's sad passing, so couldn't pay my respects without doing what a lot are doing and sharing a couple of fond stories. If you remember our back-to-back championships, when we clinched the 1st Division title, it occurred to me that since the 2nd Division title hadn't yet been decided, we were the champions of two divisions at the same time. I wrote to the old Bob Crampsey column in the Evening Times and he confirmed it was a World's first in footballing terms. I mentioned it to Brown, and when we were presented with the 1st Division trophy, he made sure the SFL didn't take the 2nd trophy away until we got it recorded for posterity. I still have those pictures. Another memory was at home reserve games in the mainstand where a load of us sat in front of the Directors box for a 90 minutes "sweeties and putting the near side linesman off" session. After each shout of abuse at the lino, the sweetie bag came out, and it was raised for any directors to grab one. We knew Brown's hand would be the first in the bag. The it would be Tom Hughes and finally Alan Cowan, almost as if he was waiting to see if they'd been poisoned first. Lots of laughs in more innocent and carefree times. R.I.P. Brown. The most approachable and pleasant Director we've had, IMVHO.

• Like 6

Here's a link to a rather fine website!

http://www.ptfcnet.c...p-Party/twocups

Yup, that's the one Willjag. It was only a week or so ago that I found that one of Trigger with the cheesy smile. Gave me a couple of sleepless nights, that did! Picture number 10 was the one I'm chuffed at seeing again. That was fun to take. NIce [ics from a splendid site. Thanks Will.

• Like 1

Yup, that's the one Willjag. It was only a week or so ago that I found that one of Trigger with the cheesy smile. Gave me a couple of sleepless nights, that did! Picture number 10 was the one I'm chuffed at seeing again. That was fun to take. NIce [ics from a splendid site. Thanks Will.

Great picture of yourself there too, CD!

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this which I suppose is not unrelated from the Herald

The Herald understands that the Scottish Professional Football League has contacted all 42 clubs informing them that that they can hold tributes ahead of their games, whether it be a minute's silence or the playing of the French national anthem.

Clubs have been asked to liaise with the referee and opposition team to decide on the issue.

Not certain that the SPFL can dictate on such matters anyway.