Brown Mcmaster

Tom Hosie

It was with great sadness that I learned of the passing of Brown last night.

Brown was Chair/Vice Chair/Board Member for much of my time with the Club. He, among others, played a huge role in 1997 through 'Save the Jags', in ensuring that there is a Partick Thistle Football Club here today.

This, therefore, is a sad day for the Club but much more importantly a horribly sad day for the McMaster family, many of whom also served the club in various capacities. Much love to them all.

• Like 13

Lost my own father to cancer 6 weeks ago, so my thoughts are very much with his family.

His first spell as chairman was outstanding, such was the transformation in the club's fortunes during his tenure. He played a huge role in our darkest hour and was then able to steer us back to the Premier League from the brink of Division 3.

• Like 2

Bl**dy cancer. :(

The thing I liked most about Brown was his candid nature – it was very refreshing for a football club chairman. He was full of beans for the Jags and always seemed to talk sense. It was unfortunate that he blotted his copy book with the South terracing debacle, but it can’t take away from the fact that he was great for Thistle in so many ways. He steered from the helm through some very choppy waters – that quirky photie with Thistle in possession of both SFL First and Second Division trophies could stand in place of any epitaph.

RIP Brown McMaster

The overriding impression you always got with Brown was that whatever the disagreement folk had or errors they felt his board had made, he was first and foremost a thoroughly decent gent who wanted what he felt was best for the football club. The task he had isn't one anyone would have envied him in leading.

Thoughts with his family.

A real nice guy. Remember having a discussion with him at Pollok when we regularly played them in a pre season season friendly in the Lambie days. He was standing out in the terraces amongst the fans. No doubting how passionate he was about the club.

Edited by Lindau