Ryan Stevenson Scores V Inverness C.t. ~ 21.11.2015

Camallain

Totally baffled by Ryan Stevenson's muted celebration and his body language in getting the last minute winner.

Not really sure what issues he's got just now but he raced down the tunnel straight after the final whistle .

As a senior pro surely he should be setting a example to the younger players( Fraser, Lindsay etc), he should take a leaf out of Dools book with his attitude and commitment even when he hasn't been playing.

Stevenson could be an important player in the coming months if he gets it together , otherwise it's time to go in January and free up some wages, not sure a petulant 31 yr old is good for the team.

Totally baffled by Ryan Stevenson's muted celebration and his body language in getting the last minute winner.

Not really sure what issues he's got just now but he raced down the tunnel straight after the final whistle .

As a senior pro surely he should be setting a example to the younger players( Fraser, Lindsay etc), he should take a leaf out of Dools book with his attitude and commitment even when he hasn't been playing.

Stevenson could be an important player in the coming months if he gets it together , otherwise it's time to go in January and free up some wages, not sure a petulant 31 yr old is good for the team.

Have you considered that he may have been embarrassed about the cross going in because he didn't mean it?

Stevenson gets a bad rap on here at the best of times, but to do him for a fluke and to question his attitude and commitment when he is by al accounts one of the most exemplary players at Firhill does not stand up to serious scrutiny.

Have you considered that he may have been embarrassed about the cross going in because he didn't mean it?

Stevenson gets a bad rap on here at the best of times, but to do him for a fluke and to question his attitude and commitment when he is by al accounts one of the most exemplary players at Firhill does not stand up to serious scrutiny.

Really would you care whether it was a fluke or Pogba got a touch on it to win 3 points for your team in the last minute, the other players celebrated as if it meant something to them, IMO bizarre reaction from Stevenson.

Maybe , don't think I'm the only one, in papers today " muted celebration " " didn't want to talk to the press " you can only go on what your gut feeling is .

Read a pretty decent and humorous interview on BBC from Ryan where he had a wee dig at Mathias' lack of finishing skills.

My gut feeling is that he was just a little bit sheepish about having hit a cross that unintentionally ended up in the net.

No evidence at all for anyone to suggest otherwise.

totally baffled by your attitude. We got a deserved victory yesterday and you still want a scapegoat.

Regarding your model pro comments it's you who's been petulant Archies has said a number of times how good Stevenson has been at helping the players in the dressing room and in training

Maybe , don't think I'm the only one, in papers today " muted celebration " " didn't want to talk to the press " you can only go on what your gut feeling is .

except he did talk to the press so how about getting your facts right before trying to scapegoat him yet again? Edited by Third Lanark

Agree with those who are questioning his attitude. It's been plain to see over many different games that his attitude is suspect (reacting badly to getting substitutes etc.) I like him as a player and think he adds something to the team but, as someone else has mentioned, really needs to take a leaf out of someone like Doolan's book and just get on with things.

That Dumbaya is some character. He's claiming an assist for the Stevenson goal :) . He then goes on and adds

It's what you want from your subs, to come onto the pitch and change the game for you, and he did really well
I'm sure he wouldn't have meant that to come over in print as rather patronising towards one of our reportedly highest earners.

I thought at the time when Muirhead came on as first sub that Stevenson might be feeling a bit miffed. I suppose a manager will always want his subs to be a tad miffed when not selected. Archie probably got his substitutions spot on but I'd rather have, and I'm just generalising, a player moping about not getting enough game time than one who happily sits on the bench not caring if he plays or not.

can't argue he didn't want to celebrate...weird one. i like him, think we should be getting more from him though - I was surprised to see him pushing people away when you consider we've won the game in that fashion...hopefully he is just p*ssed off he isn't in the team right now...

Archie was also positive with his changes, something we can't always say.

Not only did Stevenson score the goal, but he also made a vital clearance as the ball was ricocheting around our box in the final seconds of the game. He made quite an impact.

I get the impression he will be away in January. The way he carries himself on the pitch, and some of his posts on Instagram, suggest so anyway.

Has been a decent player for us after an awful start, but maybe for the best if he leaves if he's unhappy.

Strange that he was pushing players away, but perhaps this was just down to the goal being a fluke.

Just watched the BBC interview and thought he came across really well. Obviously disappointed not to be playing more but he seems in a positive enough mood and making the right noises about wanting to impress the manager and get more game time.

The main reason I won't be worrying about his attitude is that Archie has shown before if a player's attitude or behaviour doesn't fit in with the environment and atmosphere he wants to create in the dressing room and amongst the players, they won't be staying. If any player was to develop a bad attitude or is doing anything which may negatively impact the team's vibe, I don't think Archie would have any hesitation in leaving them out the squad

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to Ayr tho' I don't know if the money situation. I reckon his inclusion in the United team could be enough to get them promoted. Even as a 32 year old he'd be a big player in the second tier.

eta I wouldn't go too much on his antics after the goal. Stevenson's body language has for years often appeared as if he's disinterested. Same goes for his occasional eccentric gestures. As long as he remains focussed and an influence in training is far more important than how he comes across on the pitch.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

Wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to Ayr tho' I don't know if the money situation. I reckon his inclusion in the United team could be enough to get them promoted. Even as a 32 year old he'd be a big player in the second tier.

I would be very surprised if he ended up there. They're part time aren't they? He's on good money with us and I can't see him giving that up for a part time contract in League One (even if they do have a good chance of promotion).