Free Scarves

jaggy

Just waiting on the boo hoo brigade who didn't get one

We've just won four games on the trot for the first time in 38(?) years and your first post appears to be something about free scarves. It's probably not your style, Pinhead, but I can see why others would think it a wind up.

Bit pissed off myself that I didn't get one as I was hoping to pass it on to a senior Jags fan that can't get along to games these days. But if a few youngsters, who hadn't nailed their colour to the mast, now do so thru this initiative I'd be chuffed.

• Like 2

oh do tell, what does it say about me other than that i am fed up with self righteous gits who think they have a devine right to get these freebies? pretty much like those who think they have a devine right to tell others who and who cannot post on a forum hmm wonder who that could be....

Admins, can we please ban people who don't know how to spell "divine"?

Never got one - (temporary) groan. However, when I saw the amount of kids that had managed to get one I felt a beaming smile appear on my coupon. Hundreds of kids leaving the ground proudly sporting the additional item of red'n'yella was a true joy to behold.

All mildly ironic as it happens because I left the pub a few minutes earlier than usual to get a regular scarf from the guy that sells / used to sell them on Firhill Rd. at the City end. Nope, no sign of him. Anyway, none of that matters - the star of the famous PTFC is well in the ascendant, and Thistle world is a very hospitable habitat at the present time. Long, long may it continue to be so.

oh do tell, what does it say about me other than that i am fed up with self righteous gits who think they have a devine right to get these freebies? pretty much like those who think they have a devine right to tell others who and who cannot post on a forum hmm wonder who that could be....

Admins, can we please ban people who don't know how to spell "divine"?

hmmmm ..... i'd surmise from the posts above that pinhead had lindaus linked artiste on their bedroom wall growing up ..... while woodstock had the following on their bedroom wall .....

Divine_portrait.jpg

:wacko:

hmmmm ..... i'd surmise from the posts above that pinhead had lindaus linked artiste on their bedroom wall growing up ..... while woodstock had the following on their bedroom wall .....

Divine_portrait.jpg

:wacko:

Steak and Kidney is a living leg-end, though I never ever got round to tossing my panties at him at The Pavillion...lol

Interesting piece.

I found the quote from John Rubin the scarf designer particularly interesting.

"On one side it proclaims "We Are Thistle", the reverse of his scarf has the bemusing "You don't know who you are" in bold red and yellow. Rubin apparently came across an online audio archive of Thistle fans chanting this. The existential confusion of it appealed to him."

Very good read, but in all my years following the club I have never heard the chant "you don't know who you are" Have they got that mixed up with " you don't know what your doing"? Got the ball giveaway but missed out on the scarf despite being in the ground at 2.45 and there certainly wasn't 2000 in the ground at that point. Still, that's life, the important thing on Saturday was the 3 points!

• Like 1