Next Season - League Cup Revamp & Winter Break

yoda-jag

So you're saying that penalty shoot outs aren't largely random?

Jordet, G., Hartman, E., Visscher, C. and Lemmink, K. A. P. M. (2006)'][/b]The results demonstrate that the results of the penalty shoot-outs are not a lottery. The results demonstrate that there are marked and logical patterns that repeat themselves time and again.
Edited by Diego

Between 1904/5 and 1944/5 Thistle lost 9 and won 3 Glasgow Charity Cup ties on corners - many of them after extra time.

In 1922/23 the corner count against Third Lanark was 10-10 (a 1-1 draw). Thistle won on the toss of a coin.

One Glasgow Cup tie was won on corners v Clyde in 1915/16.

Thanks for info, afk :thumbsup2: .

I like the idea of reverting to the toss of a coin but as a quick game of "pitch and toss" instead. Or you could always settle a result by "pies". The club with the best pies wins, Think what that would do to the standard of catering.

On Beeb website re LC changes:

The Ibrox manager would prefer to test his side against English or European opposition before the start of the league campaign.

"I'm not sure it suits the bigger clubs," said Warburton.

Guess that's settled that then. Don't see Dungcaster doing something that sevco wouldn't like

The Ibrox manager would prefer to test his side against English or European opposition before the start of the league campaign.

"I'm not sure it suits the bigger clubs," said Warburton.

why is baldy kermit worried about whether it suits the big clubs or not?

it's clearly nothing to concern himself about what big clubs like us and other top league long established clubs with historys into three figures, are faced with ..... he should stick to worrying about his own wee diddy infant club, and how they are going to pay their bills.

We were all getting hot under the collar and shouting for a booking for the obvious dive, and Willie Young's gesture calmed us down and got us smiling. Maybe Willie Collum and Craig Thomson could learn something.

Agree entirely. Collum was strutting his stuff at the game I was at last weekend and with the low attendance you could hear him talking to players. More correctly talking at players. It's that combination of authoritarianism and arrogance that must annoy players. Just perhaps with language difficulties that's not so important in Euro games but a ref not having a semblance of a rapport with players in his home leagues ain't good. Even Bobby Madden, who has a poor reputation for getting too many decisions wrong, appears to have some sort mutual understanding with the players.

Agree entirely. Collum was strutting his stuff at the game I was at last weekend and with the low attendance you could hear him talking to players. More correctly talking at players. It's that combination of authoritarianism and arrogance that must annoy players. Just perhaps with language difficulties that's not so important in Euro games but a ref not having a semblance of a rapport with players in his home leagues ain't good. Even Bobby Madden, who has a poor reputation for getting too many decisions wrong, appears to have some sort mutual understanding with the players.

I know somebody who works with referees, helping them out with their performance etc. From my understanding, it really is all about "performance." Body language, showing resoluteness etc. Nothing about actually applying the rules of game correctly.

That was a good day.

Remember the Falkirk player lying in the penalty area and Willie Young indicating to the Jags fans that he was sleeping.

Jan '02. 1 - 4. Think the 5 - 1 was at home the same season.

Future Jag Ian Morris, I believe?

Anyway, pity we'll be missing out on the group stages of the new set up. Passports out!