Any Juicy Rumours? Who Are We Hoping To Bring In?

jagfaelivi

See Rangers are spending £500k on O'Hallaran - will they never learn?!?! Mental for a 1st Div club, MENTAL

Imagine if you were one of those people whose livelihood with damaged, through losing a job, or through upaid debts, by the demise of Rangers, and then you had to watch as their second incarnation went out and blew half a million pounds on a player that they really didn't need, just to prove they were a big club.

I know their fans like to claim that they are "the same club". But in doing so they are basically making claim to have robbed these people, and are demonstrating a lack of integrity, a lack of conscience and lack of respect that is beyond belief.

• Like 2

We only paid football debts in full when we were in trouble. People in glass houses...

My recollection is that back in the day, HMRC were preferred creditors and we had to pay them in full before settling football or any other debts.

As far as I know, The Rangers have no plans to pay HMRC the outstanding tax due by Rangers...and why should they because they are of course a completely separate company. <_<

My recollection is that back in the day, HMRC were preferred creditors and we had to pay them in full before settling football or any other debts.

As far as I know, The Rangers have no plans to pay HMRC the outstanding tax due by Rangers...and why should they because they are of course a completely separate company. <_< club

ftfy

in doing so they are basically making claim to have robbed these people, and are demonstrating a lack of integrity, a lack of conscience and lack of respect that is beyond belief.

is that not the dictionary definition for your average knuckle dragging bigoted sevco fan anyway?

Osman Sow to a Chinese club for £1.5m.

Unbelievable.

Read an online piece in the gaurdian about the rise in investment in the Chinese league today. Crazy money flying around and all down to good old capitalism, ironically.

RE: Cammy Smith. I thought he had gone to St Mirren last week or was that them just declaring an interest?

My recollection is that back in the day, HMRC were preferred creditors and we had to pay them in full before settling football or any other debts. As far as I know, The Rangers have no plans to pay HMRC the outstanding tax due by Rangers...and why should they because they are of course a completely separate company. <_<

Club/Company, whatever

You're pretty much correct Colognejag. As far as I am aware, administration was never an option for us during STJ. In fact I don't really remember any clubs (in Scotland anyway) taking the administration route before the year 2000.

It should also be remembered that in our most recent finacial bother we paid our tax (at the expence of losing our 2 best players) in the same year having put it off due to financial difficulties (also known as incompetence by the previous board) - we didn't argue or deny it was due and we didn't operate a scam for years hiding what we were due to pay - only one club ever did that.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Don't want to tempt fate, but it looks like Banzo and Lawless will still be here at the end of the window which is excellent.

This coupled by the fact we are starting to get players back, gives me some positivity. If you look around the SPFL, no one as yet has seriously strengthened their squad in this window.

Now just get Abdul signing over the line and we're sorted.

Could still do with one more player. It is good that German has come in to add to our attacking options, but the problem this whole season has been the strikers becoming isolated. We really need a creative player to link up with whoever the striker is. Erskine would be ideal...

I wonder if an Erskine deal became less likely with the postponement, since that it means that we still have to play them before the split.

I doubt it as if they were really bothered about that then Dundee United could insist on a clause/agreement that prevented Erskine playing against them this season.