Dundee Match - 16Th January

Fawlty Towers

Couldn't go yesterday since I'm in hospital and listening to the commentary I wasn't to confident that I was missing out. Judging, by what I've heard it was one of those Jags' performances that turn up every now and then, when we can do nothing, even the basics right..mLike most punters on here I'm disappointed, but not crushed. To be honest the league out with Celtic is SO tight that it would take either a brave or foolish man to predict the effects of a couple of wins or defeats will have on any teams final league position. We'll just have to roll our sleeves up and try to get back in the groove for Inverness. As for individual players I've been convinced for a few weeks now, that a spell on the bench wouldn't do Lyndsay any harm at all and I always think it's more than a touch unfair to pin the blame for defeat on the young boys like Wilson: when all around him. much more experienced players were letting themselves and the team down

Hope you are up and out of hozzie soon,still. Don't think anybody has pinned the blame on Wilson for the defeat, I personally would have found it very difficult to pick a MOTM given the poverty of the performance from the whole team.

Bannigan & Elliott were the only ones to get pass marks, for me, yesterday. Maybe Booth as he worked tirelessly down the left.

Too many players just weren't interested or just not up for a fight.

Hawkins absolutely bossed us, but then again, so did the majority of their team. Liam was made to look like a Championship player by Hemmings, especially the yellow where Hemmings made it look like he'd been body checked, can't blame the ref, Liam was caught square footed.

Welsh? The less I say the better. But why hopelessly punt the ball to no one 20 yards away. When there's a pass on. It might be 10 yards back, but at least we keep the ball.

How many of their goals were down to lawless giving away possession in the first half?

Wilson and Amoo don't have what it takes to play at this level. Maybe harsh on Wilson as he's never had a run in the team, it's been a game here and there. He does a lot of good things. Amoo? Never in the history of YouTube promo videos has a player been so inaccurately represented. He hides, has 2 yards of pace. I'd get Christie wrapped in cotton wool until Erskine arrives,

Doolan worked hard, but got little service or support.

Edited by potty trained

I wouldn't have given Bannigan pass marks yesterday tho' he certainly didn't hide.

I wonder if there's many share my view that we were just as sloppy later on in the game against St Mirren. And to take it further we were often quite careless throughout that game but fortunately just went unpunished by a poor team. To me it looked as tho' we started off yesterday the same way we finished off at Paisley.

• Like 1

I wouldn't have given Bannigan pass marks yesterday tho' he certainly didn't hide.

I wonder if there's many share my view that we were just as sloppy later on in the game against St Mirren. And to take it further we were often quite careless throughout that game but fortunately just went unpunished by a poor team. To me it looked as tho' we started off yesterday the same way we finished off at Paisley.

Yep, I mentioned on my post yesterday that the harum sacrum defensive problems in the last 5 minutes at Paisley was continued for nearly the whole 1st half yesterday, but most certainly in the first 15 minutes. Only consolation yesterday was after the 1st 15 minutes, we actually won 2-1. Might not be a bad time to give Liam a well earned rest. Up to Freddie to come in now and recapture his central defenders spot!

Managed to calm down after yesterday.

By far the worst defensive performance since our 4-0 grubbing at home to Hearts. I think that Liam Lindsay has all the makings of a good footballer, but he isn't there yet. Still a bit too raw, with his tenancy for daft tackles and being a constant handball-scare with the way he throws his arms out whilst blocking. He wasn't alone yesterday however, as the whole team were sub-par.

All well and good getting Erskine in June, but both yesterday and the St Mirren game show just how light weight we are not only on the bench, but also in the starting XI. We needed some bite in the midfield in place of Osman yesterday. Stevenson would have fit that role and calmed things down.

Archie has done amazing work over the past ten games...absolutely outstanding. But he needs to bring in at least two or three players to make a serious impact. Our time on Cloud 9 is over, and once again we are staring at that play-off spot.

• Like 1

Managed to calm down after yesterday.

By far the worst defensive performance since our 4-0 grubbing at home to Hearts. I think that Liam Lindsay has all the makings of a good footballer, but he isn't there yet. Still a bit too raw, with his tenancy for daft tackles and being a constant handball-scare with the way he throws his arms out whilst blocking. He wasn't alone yesterday however, as the whole team were sub-par.

All well and good getting Erskine in June, but both yesterday and the St Mirren game show just how light weight we are not only on the bench, but also in the starting XI. We needed some bite in the midfield in place of Osman yesterday. Stevenson would have fit that role and calmed things down.

Archie has done amazing work over the past ten games...absolutely outstanding. But he needs to bring in at least two or three players to make a serious impact. Our time on Cloud 9 is over, and once again we are staring at that play-off spot.

Thought you were doing alright with your comments until you mentioned Ryan Stevenson, at the moment he can't even hack playing for Ayr United ( 2 levels below us ) The fitness level he's at just now , he just about manages 60 mins . Says it all really.

Bannigan would not in my opinion improve Aberdeen. I'm not going on yesterdays performance where I don't think he would have improved the Rob Roy. He was frustrating yesterday as they all were. It was a truelly forgettable day all round. That wis back to the start of the season stuff

Him driving forward and linking up with Booth were the only attacking option we had yesterday. They linked up well, until they brought Lawless into a move, where it tended to fall down. Until Elliott moved out left.

Down the right with dumbuya, Welsh and Amoo we offered nothing at all.

Can someone explain to me why people are excited Christie Elliott is back? Great that he's managed to get himself fit but he isn't an spl standard player at all.

He is a half decent player that can fill a number of positions and given our lack of depth at the moment, it's great to have him back!

So we have established he's right footed and tries hard which I do agree with but he's extremely limited in ability.

I can't believe it's taken so long to establish which is his strongest foot. Thank goodness we've sold that conundrum.

I'd disagree he is extremely limited in his ability.

In fact, probably the complete opposite, anyone who can hold their own in Scotland's top league in any position he's asked to play is probably anything other than, extremely limited in ability.

• Like 1

I can't believe it's taken so long to establish which is his strongest foot. Thank goodness we've sold that conundrum.

I'd disagree he is extremely limited in his ability.

In fact, probably the complete opposite, anyone who can hold their own in Scotland's top league in any position he's asked to play is probably anything other than, extremely limited in ability.

The old saying jack of all trades, master of none springs to mind

I think Elliott has improved immensely over the last couple of seasons and I think he's still sometimes judged on an outdated view of his ability.

No question that when he came on yesterday he was the best Thistle player on the park, in terms of touch and linking with others.

• Like 3

Elliott played well when he came on and as said above can play a number of positions. With such a small squad he is a welcome return to fitness.

Not much I can add to the above but I thought Banzo did okay. Not sure why he is being picked on.

The loss of Osman was of course huge and I thought Dundee played upon this.

Like to see both Wilson and Nisbet go out on loan when we get players in. Neither looks ready to play at this level.

• Like 1

Elliott played well when he came on and as said above can play a number of positions. With such a small squad he is a welcome return to fitness.

Not much I can add to the above but I thought Banzo did okay. Not sure why he is being picked on.

The loss of Osman was of course huge and I thought Dundee played upon this.

Like to see both Wilson and Nisbet go out on loan when we get players in. Neither looks ready to play at this level.

We're probably a victim of our own success in the regard that our youth players coming through, need to be at a higher standard to break into the first team, than days gone by.

If we were to ever be relegated, I'm confident that the youth structure would be producing enough championship level players for us.

We've come a long way since the Campbell era.

For once Archie was outhought by his opposite number.

Miller should have started for Wilson. After 10 minutes Miller should have come on to shore up the gaping hole between back 4 and the awol midfield.

I felt sorry for Wilson who was no way the worst jags player. Lawless and Welsh were utterly awful, continually ceding possession. One of them should have been hooked early.

I'm fed up with excitable refs. Both of liam' s incidents were hardly even fouls. The 2nd one the number 7 played to the crowd and that balloon of a ref couldn't wait to produce the red. No wonder everyone hates them. The guy Robertson we had a few weeks ago did not want to be a star and was therefore easily the best all season.

Most of Osman's bookings have been as a result of crowd reaction and the ref loving the attention.

Not too worried about yesterday. Next week the skipper will be back and also hopefully Fraser and Christie. Lawless will have had a kicking from Archie and Freddie revitalised after a spell on the bench. And fakeyThistle are garbage.