New Club Crest

gerrybritton9

With our "re-launch" as "Not so cuddly anymore" and with Kingsley on board, I think it is time we had a new badge.

Our current one is ok, but is rendered in black and white which are not our colours.

What would you favour?

I'd like to propose this over sized Thistle as seen in this pic:

http://partickthistleahistory.wikifoundry.com/page/1961-62

It would look modern and retro with other clubs having done something similar recently.

Whatever people think, I do hope the board see this and go for a new badge,

Cheers, GB9

I like the current one, but agree about the colours. The one we had prior to the stealth bomber was my favourite. Our current one in red and yellow would look great.

I agree. It's only a few years since we switched to the hairy gonad. Put it into red and yellow and it would be much better. I'm sure I saw a version of exactly that; somebody did it at some point.

• Like 2

Still think the stealth bomber was, and still is, way ahead of it's time. A quite brilliant design. Anyone know who came up with that?

I still have various fleeces, t-shirts and polos with the stealth bomber that I wear here in Japan. The logo never fails to elicit approving looks from people here. Maybe they don't know what it represents, but they definitely like it. The current logo definitely does not get the same attention; it just looks vaguely like one of thousands of other club logos.

I don't see any good reason why the club could not run with both logos.

I agree. It's only a few years since we switched to the hairy gonad. Put it into red and yellow and it would be much better. I'm sure I saw a version of exactly that; somebody did it at some point.

Not red and yellow, but even this black and yellow version is better than the stark black and white version.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

I can't see any reason to change the logo. Our branding right now is really good and we're getting recognised more than ever.

I think the logo fits with the (slightly) more professional image the club are putting together. If we rebranded we'd be starting all over again.

For what it's worth I like the badge and the diagonal flash of red and yellow it is sometimes displayed with, although I prefer the stealth bomber.

• Like 1

I can't see any reason to change the logo. Our branding right now is really good and we're getting recognised more than ever.

I think the logo fits with the (slightly) more professional image the club are putting together. If we rebranded we'd be starting all over again.

For what it's worth I like the badge and the diagonal flash of red and yellow it is sometimes displayed with, although I prefer the stealth bomber.

Your avatar would be a much better official version of the gonad than the black and white version.