Murderwell Game 27/02/16

Lindau

Really looking forward to this too. It's about time we gave them a doing in their own midden, and the football we played on Tuesday night was the most entertaining and direct we've played in months. Same team or change things? I'd be inclined to go with the same team, but looking at the fixtures coming up it might be useful to rotate a few players. Try something different to bamboozle Mcghee.

Great chance to really steal a march on the teams around us - 3 points & I really think we're all but safe. Famous last words perhaps, but I can't see us losing as many as Killie, Motherwell & Hamilton.

Big game, but win it & we really need to start planning our assault on the top 6 & not worrying about looking down.

I know it's not the Thistle way, but that's the way it feels to me.

• Like 3

Hopefully they don't punt us up to the top tier of the Motorola stand again as its seem so far away from the action. Same team as Tuesday please but id be swapping Doolan for Pogba, although I thought pogs did well on Tuesday we looked much more dangerous after dools came on.

I don't think you change your back 4 and I wouldn't think you'd want to change the Bannigan/Osman pairing either so any changes really have to be with the forwards. I think Pogba was a good choice on Tuesday to wear down the St J's big centre backs and maybe Archie was also keeping Doolan fresh for Motherwell which is a big game for us. This is winnable but will require a 100% effort and a good performance. If we can do it I think it will be a big stepforward and then any points we can garner from our games in hand will be a big bonus.

I wonder if we'll see Nisbet and Pogba on the bench and Amoo starting with Doolan. Though all sorts of combinations are possible and it may come down to who looks fittest and most eager during training.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 1

I don't think you change your back 4 and I wouldn't think you'd want to change the Bannigan/Osman pairing either so any changes really have to be with the forwards. I think Pogba was a good choice on Tuesday to wear down the St J's big centre backs and maybe Archie was also keeping Doolan fresh for Motherwell which is a big game for us. This is winnable but will require a 100% effort and a good performance. If we can do it I think it will be a big stepforward and then any points we can garner from our games in hand will be a big bonus.

I wonder if we'll see Nisbet and Pogba on the bench and Amoo starting with Doolan. Though all sorts of combinations are possible and it may come down to who looks fittest and most eager during training.

I assume you mean Nesbitt?

I love all of you guys' line-up speculations before each match. Keep it up!

Now and then I make a suggestion, But when it comes down to it, I usually go with Archie and Shaggy's decision.....

After all, they know the players, their fitness, their mentality, their positive attributes, their injury issues, and their weaknesses......

In Archie we (gotta) trust !

One thing has been clear this season, we have a terrific goalie and back 6.....the four that played on Tuesday plus Liam and Muzzy. If you don't lose goals, you don't lose games. Probably have go way back to the Rough, Hansen, Anderson and Campbell days to have had such a solid back line. Hope we can get Gary, Fred and Dan signed up asap. They way they all celebrate after a clean sheet show it means a helluva lot to them

Edited by Lindau

I don't think there's anything to change from Tuesday night and I don't believe the opposition present any different tactical approach. Any changes are more likely to be fitness/freshness related. We're playing two games a week this and the next two weeks so Archie will no doubt have to make some changes. Hopefully any of these changes will be as inspired as his substitutions the other night.

• Like 1

Same team for me, thought we played very well throughout on Tuesday, only change would maybe be Nesbitt dropping out but can't see it.

With Pogba looking sharp, him with Doolan working around him could be excellent, hopefully get to try that at some point from the start.

Surprised at suggestions of leaving out Nesbitt who was excellent on Tuesday. Only reason might be that his first top flight game took a lot out of him. But he looks to me to be a young fit confident lad who will bounce back easily.

My personal preference would be that Archie played the same team which started the game on Tuesday, the reality is that he probably will start with a different team utilising the squad.

We should take the game to Motherwell and let them worry about us, we have had 3 clean sheets in a row in the league which is a decent stat, if we do that tomorrow we get at least a point, however I think we are better than that and with the attacking options we now have we should be absolutely going all out 100% for the win.

• Like 1

We should take the game to Motherwell and let them worry about us, we have had 3 clean sheets in a row in the league which is a decent stat, if we do that tomorrow we get at least a point, however I think we are better than that and with the attacking options we now have we should be absolutely going all out 100% for the win.

Over the last five months only Celtic have performed better in the Premiership than ourselves and seemingly out of nowhere we now have a pretty strong bench; let's give Motherwell a doing and start looking at the top six.

• Like 1

I wouldn't change anything apart from perhaps Doolan in for Pogba, although I thought the latter had one of his best games in a Thistle shirt on Tuesday, so I wouldn't be too fussed if he kept his place. I'd definitely stick with Nesbitt, as he adds creativity and directness.

Like others, I'd take a point but think we may scrape all three.