How dare they treat Rankers the same as the other clubs who've gone out of business! If the old Rangers had gripes then what about teams like Clydebank etc. who have ultimately found themselves out of the Professional leagues altogether!

Bizarre comments and welcome back to all of the old crap, hope they get relegated again!

Didn't want to start a new H*n-related topic .. but I see today that Walter Smith is on the BBC shooting his mouth off about the blue filth and how hard done to they were - classless to the bitter end and spouting a crock of absolutely pitiful sh*te.

"There was no necessity for Rangers to be put down into the Third Division and I think that's the thing that will always stay in Scottish football. I think there'll be a bitterness in the Rangers ranks that that's happened.There's no doubt it was the wrong move in my eyes. Scottish football has been worse off and a lot of the teams who were happy to see Rangers go down have suffered and found themselves relegated or in the process of being relegated."

And he's still trying to stick up for his wee pal Ally who had to 'endure 3 terrible years' even though he had the 2nd biggest playing budget and paid some.'players' thousands a week to win lower divisions

And he's still trying to stick up for his wee pal Ally who had to 'endure 3 terrible years' even though he had the 2nd biggest playing budget and paid some.'players' thousands a week to win lower divisions

Kevin Kyle....happy to sign for £500 a week offered 10 times that. Dean Shiels offered to us by Sally last January on loan if we picked up his weekly wages. Archie burst out laughing when £7,000 was quoted. I would be bloody raging if I was a creditor in the old club, when they were splashing that money around at the start of the new club. Beggars belief. Smiths interview was unbelievable tonight. Everybody else to blame but the basket cases themselves!! His comments aimed at Dundee Und and Hibs were a total disgrace!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

Kevin Kyle....happy to sign for £500 a week offered 10 times that. Dean Shiels offered to us by Sally last January on loan if we picked up his weekly wages. Archie burst out laughing when £7,000 was quoted. I would be bloody raging if I was a creditor in the old club, when they were splashing that money around at the start of the new club. Beggars belief. Smiths interview was unbelievable tonight. Everybody else to blame but the basket cases themselves!! His comments aimed at Dundee Und and Hibs were a total disgrace!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18503656

Quote: "We wish the new Rangers Football Club every good fortune."

Edited by Mr Bunny

Early Christmas wishes for:

Donkey star - a corporate box (sporting the number 5088) all to himself at sevco park for the forthcoming season, including a well-concealed toilet where he can 'entertain' himself privately over the sight of his heroes on the field of play.

Wattie - a new carer: one who can heavily sedate him when they spot the early signs of an incoherent, dribbling rant coming on.

• Like 1

Early Christmas wishes for:

Donkey star - a corporate box (sporting the number 5088) all to himself at sevco park for the forthcoming season, including a well-concealed toilet where he can 'entertain' himself privately over the sight of his heroes on the field of play.

Wattie - a new carer: one who can heavily sedate him when they spot the early signs of an incoherent, dribbling rant coming on.

We are all taking the piss but there is a serious side. Smith is playing to the worst elements of the Ibrox support with his blaming of other clubs for Rangers' predicament. We all know from the history of this institution how many of them are likely to react - he is stirring up a situation that could lead to violence and he is not the first person connected with that club to do so.

Just to add that the media are culpable too but will hold up their hands in horror (and glee at the headlines) at any trouble caused as a result.

Edited by Mr Bunny
  • Like 2

It seems strange that the "victim" status - for so long the self-pitying preserve of the green bigots - seems now to be the target of their blue bigot brothers and Smith seems to be pandering to this chip-on-the-shoulder mentality.

Also interesting that he does not offer an opinion - nor, of course, was he asked - as to what appropriate sanction might have been applied - resulting in the implication that in Smith's opinion they should perhaps have got off scot-free rather than being liquidated and having to create the new Sevco 5088 club.

It seems strange that the "victim" status - for so long the self-pitying preserve of the green bigots - seems now to be the target of their blue bigot brothers and Smith seems to be pandering to this chip-on-the-shoulder mentality.

Also interesting that he does not offer an opinion - nor, of course, was he asked - as to what appropriate sanction might have been applied - resulting in the implication that in Smith's opinion they should perhaps have got off scot-free rather than being liquidated and having to create the new Sevco 5088 club.

That in a nutshell gets to the heart of the problem. Namely, that the situation Rangers found themselves in was solely a result of their own malpractice. No-one else liquidated them or indeed forced them to apply for re-admission to the ranks of Scottish football's senior clubs. Any other proffered explanation is simply a chimera or more likely a down right lie.

• 4 months later...

"If you watch Motherwell most weeks there are 4,500 there, when Celtic go there are 18,000 people there. In terms of what Celtic and Rangers bring to the Scottish leagues, you can't put a price on that."

Neil Doncaster promoting Celtic and rangers without checking facts. Firpark capacity 13742. Don't let facts get in the way of promoting the poison of Scottish football.

"If you watch Motherwell most weeks there are 4,500 there, when Celtic go there are 18,000 people there. In terms of what Celtic and Rangers bring to the Scottish leagues, you can't put a price on that."

Neil Doncaster promoting Celtic and rangers without checking facts. Firpark capacity 13742. Don't let facts get in the way of promoting the poison of Scottish football.

We'll see just what they bring on Saturday.

In any case, sure it's very easy to put a price on it- 13742-4500 x ticket price, assuming they fill the ground. Or am I missing something.

I think Doncaster is hopeless in his role and the fact that he has retained his job for so long shows the lack of vision of all the Scottish Clubs who can't see beyond the Old Firm as their meal ticket.

However the daft quote about Motherwell attendances from someone who doesn't really know what he is talking about was actually by John Hartson.

Plus if you take it over a season the extra numbers from OF teams don't actually make all that big a percentage of attendance (especially nowadays when they don't travel as they used to) for most clubs and then you have to add in extra costs of stewarding and so on which reduces it. If they bring in anything it's probably the TV money and even then they claim most of it themselves - even if newGers don't come 2nd/3rd/4th the bulk of the live games shown will be them and Celtic which gives a cut of the live TV money plus all sortsa of advertising opportunities.

Putting all that aside is their money really NEEDED? When newGers were in the lower leagues a number of clubs were able to sort themselves out financially. How was that possible without the Blue Pound? Let's face it plenty of clubs, ours included have been relegated from the top league and spent a number of years in the lower leagues: we still survive and in some cases prosper, all without the help of the Old Firm. The fact is their money is only needed by a club if other clubs are getting the OF money. If nobody got anything out of them the clubs would still survive provided they were run properly and lived within thier means. More Scots youngsters getting a chance in top league teams perhaps?

The reason IMHO this keeps getting repeated in the MSM is that they know how the OF's huge support distorts Scottish football financially and in terms of winning things - and as well as being a sectarian blight on the game here. So they have to find something to prove they are somehow a good thing and this phoney money thing is one of the main excuses.

Edited by Mr Bunny

In any case, sure it's very easy to put a price on it- 13742-4500 x ticket price, assuming they fill the ground. Or am I missing something.

Not missing anything as such but if Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen (anyone but the ugly sisters) fill Fir Pk the net profit to the home side will be more than when the OF come a-calling, such is the increased cost of stewarding/policing. I'd also suggest for virtually any non OF home game Motherwell can guesstimate the attendance and set their stewarding levels accordingly. I imagine that because of the nature of the beast they'll have to set stewarding costs for the OF visits at a full house level. Thus any shortfall in attendance at such games will be costly.

Anyway if Neil ******* Doncaster is so concerned about attendances at Fir Park why the **** have the SPFL scheduled a visit there from Aberdeen on Xmas Eve??? Total clown but we already all knew that.

Not missing anything as such but if Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen (anyone but the ugly sisters) fill Fir Pk the net profit to the home side will be more than when the OF come a-calling, such is the increased cost of stewarding/policing. I'd also suggest for virtually any non OF home game Motherwell can guesstimate the attendance and set their stewarding levels accordingly. I imagine that because of the nature of the beast they'll have to set stewarding costs for the OF visits at a full house level. Thus any shortfall in attendance at such games will be costly.

Anyway if Neil ******* Doncaster is so concerned about attendances at Fir Park why the **** have the SPFL scheduled a visit there from Aberdeen on Xmas Eve??? Total clown but we already all knew that.

I have not checked this, but I think the first home games back in the premier league against Dundee Utd and Hearts have been as close in numbers to any game against Celtic, including the game where they won the league.

But the 2 other Glasgow teams also bring other issues. Increased security, reluctance of home fans to go to the games.

My daughter has asked if it will be safe to go into town this Saturday. But why would Doncaster or the media want to pick up on these issues?

I've seen this quote attributed to John Hartson, so Doncaster might be off the hook for once.

They were both at the Irn Bru Cup draw yesterday.

I've seen this quote attributed to John Hartson, so Doncaster might be off the hook for once.

They were both at the Irn Bru Cup draw yesterday.

Just noticed that. How do I start a thread on BBC publishing anything without checking facts. And start one for myself.

But it is still wall to wall coverage of one game this week