Eye See Tea Saturday 30Th April

Lindau

Disgusted by lack of effort today. Scully saved us from doing, though he panics at any ball played to his feet. Sean Welsh is signed to 2017 - why? Thought we'd be safe from playoff until today. Going to Killie next week, though whether I make game is debatable. Mtf Archie, sort this out.

Culpable. But not as culpable. Taking off Edwards. Not replacing Welsh and not bringing on Frans for either centre half was poor.

think he had to take edward's off, after he got booked he just stopped tackling and stood off players in case he go sent off, a shame but had to happen, both was injured so forced on him.

Based on being one of the most consistent, solid performers in our team to shiting out of tackles, leaving his man and generally offering nothing in the last two games.

I'm struggling to come up with another reason, than in the last couple of weeks he's decided his future is elsewhere.

Ah - I thought I'd missed something.

Don't disagree with your theory - it certainly looks like his head is somewhere else at the moment.

Shocking performance by all players, but not sure what game AA was watching or even what team he thought he was playing against to start with.

Think another poster mentioned the hammer throwers of Inverness , yet we start with the physicality of Lawless , Welsh ( nightmare ) and Edwards supplemented by Osman .

No idea why we didn't try to match their physicality with the experience of Gary Miller and Christie Elliot to start with.

Too many players like Welsh holding on to the ball and getting caught in possession , Lawless running around as if he's playing 5 a side.

What happened to the one and two touch stuff we used to play ?

Should have been changed totally at half time with the subs to shore up the midfield and try to match them.

Midfield was an absolute disaster today , put pressure on our defence and offered nothing offensively either.

IMO Alan Archibald is as culpable as players on the park.

• Like 1

when your goalie is looking at caly players in front of him with no thistle defence in sight what do you want him to do. he is the reason it wasn't double figures.

Yes he made some great saves but he should have saved the second . It was 1-0 at the time and after that the rest of the team gave up.It was a crucial time to concede and he should have saved it.

He got a hand to it, but it went in off the post.

Aye but come on, it was a very poorly hit shot with very little power. I thought he made a bit of a mess of the first too as he took an age to close the one on one down however there's no arguing that without his good saves it could have and should have been 6 or 7.

Archie's subs are baffling, getting pumped,yet subs are like for like and Welsh and lawless last 90 mins. Biggest cheer of the day was when everyone thought Welsh was getting subbed but he was just over taking instructions!

Embarrassing performance today, is there no pride with some of these players?

What a depressing day and an absolute shocker of a performance from everyone in a Thistle jersey.

I can't think of one redeeming aspect of our play today, and if we do avoid the play-off position, it's more likely

to be down to lady luck and results elsewhere going our way rather than through our own efforts.

Where to start? Well, I'm guessing Osman is off to pastures new next season because if he's a team captain

then I'm Capt Birdseye. Totally uninspiring and gutless performance.

I feel for Ryan Scully. The boy at least cares, but I just don't have confidence in him at this level and I don't think our defence

does either. He doesn't marshal his defenders or command his box in any way at all. Not denying he did make a few good saves today but

goalkeeping isn't all just about shot blocking. If it were, then by the law of averages I could have saved a few today given the number of chances

Inverness were given!

Sean Welsh? This guy really must have something serious on Archie to keep getting a game. To be honest, he's actually got me

pondering on renewing my season ticket next season or maybe instead taking in more junior games with my local team.

Stevie Lawless can be a player when he's in the mood, but when he's bad like today he's a total passenger. Maybe still

recovering from celebrating the promotion of his beloved Rangers.

It's going to be super tough next season - if we stay up. Without looking at the contract situation of each player I'd be glad

to see Cerny, Gallacher, Booth, Dumbaya, Miller, Bannigan, Erskine, Doolan, Elliott, Fraser, Edwards and Amoo in the squad.

I know Sean Welsh has another year to go but I can only pray his only role next season is slicing the oranges for half time.

• Like 1

What a depressing day and an absolute shocker of a performance from everyone in a Thistle jersey.

I can't think of one redeeming aspect of our play today, and if we do avoid the play-off position, it's more likely

to be down to lady luck and results elsewhere going our way rather than through our own efforts.

Where to start? Well, I'm guessing Osman is off to pastures new next season because if he's a team captain

I feel for Ryan Scully. The boy at least cares, but I just don't have confidence in him at this level and I don't think our defence

does either. He doesn't marshal his defenders or command his box in any way at all. Not denying he did make a few good saves today but

goalkeeping isn't all just about shot blocking. If it were, then by the law of averages I could have saved a few today given the number of chances

Inverness were given!

Sean Welsh? This guy really must have something serious on Archie to keep getting a game. To be honest, he's actually got me

pondering on renewing my season ticket next season or maybe instead taking in more junior games with my local team.

Stevie Lawless can be a player when he's in the mood, but when he's bad like today he's a total passenger. Maybe still

It's going to be super tough next season - if we stay up. Without looking at the contract situation of each player I'd be glad

to see Cerny, Gallacher, Booth, Dumbaya, Miller, Bannigan, Erskine, Doolan, Elliott, Fraser, Edwards and Amoo in the squad.

I know Sean Welsh has another year to go but I can only pray his only role next season is slicing the oranges for half time.

We can't blame a relatively young and inexperienced goalkeeper for that today , you're looking for experienced pros like Seabourne , Osman to talk and help him through the game, Ryan Scully was left exposed time after time and it could have 6 or 7 if it wasn't for him today .

Inverness were given!

i know he has had a tough year but he has honestly done little Fraser when he has the chance

Elliot has had a tough year but not convinced he is good enough for the SPFL hope he proves me wrong

Amoo can go from scoring wonder goals too missing sitters and avoiding tackles - can really be an enigma at times

Think they will all be with us next season though wouldn't be too bothered if they weren't

Yup! We were awful but surely we MUST be the easiest team in the league to play against. Do we EVER do anything different?

Get the ball in the midfield pass it out to Booth ; he messes around a bit and, at best delivers a feeble ball in which, if he catches it properly, the goalie fields, or if he doesn't it's mopped up by their defence. The other option is we go down the right wing and it's similar with Amoo but more often than not he over hits the cross. Anyway, the other thing we do is f--t around and lose the ball without looking like getting it into their box.

Do we ever go right at them? We have some clever players so what's wrong with trying to beat a man and have somebody close in attendance if he does lose the ball? How often do we see a queue to head the ball from a cross? All the time! How often do we ever get a header on target or even get a head to the ball? Never.

We are still doing the same things we did in the season we won the Championship but, arguably, less well. Our last third invention is pathetic to non existent.

And don't get me started on how poor we are at coping physically..... Am already dreading next week when the VERY physical farmers will lap up our lack of brawn in the challenge. I can still see Magennis going past Booth in the last match as if he wasn't there.

If I were Archie I wouldn't even know where to start. We have been well and truly rumbled and as somebody has already said if we stay up it will be by the failings of others rather than what we currently have to offer.

I just want this season to end as I genuinely can't face yet another turgid 90 Firhill minutes. Even allowing for a good run in the middle has there been a more tedious season than this? Even in the lowest points over the years I felt more engaged. That first half goalscoring stat is incredibly bad and sums it up.

• Like 2

Fraser, according to the wee interview he did with Michael Max for hospitality, has a problem with a knee cap which will keep him out to the end of the season and may not be fit until pre-season training.

On another note -

What the f*** was Pogba doing when he got booked?

We're two down, with maybe 20 minutes to go and he hoofs the ball to the back of the empty stand.

Frustration is one thing, but that was just stupid.

What is obvious is that we have two former defenders as Manager and Assistant. The both of them are clueless as to the attacking part of the game. From one dimensional forward play to perplexing strikers being signed from the English lower leagues, Archie has really failed to grasp how to score goals. I heard that we have failed to score in more games this season than we have in our entire history. That's on the managers head.

And don't get me started on the backline. It seemed for a long time it was the only saving grace yet over the past month it has been culpable for more goals shipped than I care to recall.

By all accounts this has been the weakest top flight in Scottish football maybe ever, so I don't think our season has been the unequivocal sucess everyone is making it out to be. We are boring, turgid, unable to score, unattractive and one dimensional. The crowds have plummeted and the novelty of the Premiership has worn thin. Just get us bloody safe and get the head down over the summer.

• Like 3

Once we missed those two early chances I knew exactly how the game was going to pan out.

Scully isn't good enough for the top level but he stopped it being a cricket score today.

The team is devoid of confidence, complete shadow of the team that chased top 6.

Welsh was rubbish today but there is literally no out ball for the midfield.

We play so narrow I genuinely think a Junior team could keep us at bay. Even when we do go wide the inevitable cross is either to nobody or nobody has bothered to make a run.

For me, this season can't end quickly enough. The atmosphere at Firhill today (and last week) has been brutal. In fighting amongst fans and abuse towards the players and management.

Due to other commitments that was my last game of the season today, can't say I'm disappointed.

We can't blame a relatively young and inexperienced goalkeeper for that today , you're looking for experienced pros like Seabourne , Osman to talk and help him through the game, Ryan Scully was left exposed time after time and it could have 6 or 7 if it wasn't for him today .

To be fair, I wasn't blaming Ryan Scully for our defeat today but I was highlighting the fact that his lack of authority in the goalmouth area and his lack of communication with his defenders hardly fosters confidence.

I'm sorry, but your notion that Ryan, at 23, is inexperienced and needs to be talked through a game by someone else is laughable and insulting to the player. If that's the case we should be playing Paul Gallagher in goal as I think you'll find Dan Seabourne has other things to focus on rather than nursing a keeper through a game.