Tomas Cerny

e4b

Archie has a hell of a decision to make regarding the next 3 games about Scully or gallacher in if Cerny is not fit. I believe at this stage that gallacher is a better goalkeeper than Scully. We have not had any clean sheets under Scully but he was not responsible for any of the goals and indeed it could have been more embarrassing. But would we have got a draw in any of the last 3 games if gallacher had been in ie would he have commanded the defence far better and given them more confidence he possibly have and may do so in these massive 3 games coming up. As much as its a horrible decision to have to make it may be wise to get Gallacher in. I could understand why he would insist in playing Scully the next 3 games though he does risk serious questions if we do lose the next 3 games. Though it also shows to me that one of the reasons we have had so many clean sheets has been because Cerny Miller and Dumbaya have been so good. The last few games to me have called for guys like Seabourne to step up and take command which he has failed to do miserably

I was right in line, in the NS, with the 2nd goal on Saturday and am certain that if Scully hadn't touched it that it was going past the post. As I have said before, I don't rate Scully, but he had some great saves on Saturday however he has zero prescence in the defence. Have never once seen him shouting at defenders or organising his defence. In saying all that, if Cerny isn't fit I can't for the life of me seeing Galls getting back in unless Scully himself gets injured. We really need, even a 75 % fit, Cerny back for these last games

I was right in line, in the NS, with the 2nd goal on Saturday and am certain that if Scully hadn't touched it that it was going past the post. As I have said before, I don't rate Scully, but he had some great saves on Saturday however he has zero prescence in the defence. Have never once seen him shouting at defenders or organising his defence. In saying all that, if Cerny isn't fit I can't for the life of me seeing Galls getting back in unless Scully himself gets injured. We really need, even a 75 % fit, Cerny back for these last games

completely agree. We also need our defenders to waken up considerably as well

Archie has a hell of a decision to make regarding the next 3 games about Scully or gallacher in if Cerny is not fit.

I'd be shocked if Gallacher is selected ahead of Scully. That's in no way an endorsement for Ryan Scully, a vote of confidence if you like, more just realism. Besides Gal really struggled last season on that plastic pitch and I can't believe a year on he'd be any sharper.

• Members

So we should draft in a 35-year-old goalie who is undoubtedly not match-fit, as he hasn't had a 1st-team match all season?

Hmm..., it might be worth it.

But it might be disastrous.

Except he has played this season! ;)

I must say I'm a little bit shocked by those hammering Scully. The game against inverness was not an embarrassment for Scully, rather the defence who were ripped apart by far better players. It was a game of shooting in, where inverness probably should have scored another four. Its hard for a goalkeepers confidence to play without a defence, perhaps Miller would have settled them down. I will shout and bawl at Scully I have no doubt, But the ICT game, there were a lot more failures further up the park..

• Like 1

Targeting Scully is playground antics. People are just waiting to have a go. He may make a mistake and people are on his back immediately. His head and confidence goes down and people go at him again. A vicious circle which the fans do little to change.

Agree. I said something similar about Welsh, who for any errors perceived or otherwise, never hides. Even if he wanted to a goalie can't hide. Easy target.

It's one thing criticising a player when backed up with specifics but simply as LLD says "waiting to have a go" is another thing altogether. No doubt many of the latter also are quick to praise Archie & Gallacher. Yet by getting on Scully's back, apart from doing his confidence no good, they're in turn having a go at the judgement of both the manager and goalkeeping coach.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett