What's Happening?

jagfaelivi

Frans just posted this, not sure what it means: https://www.instagra...JorccJBKkL8ts0/

Aye, I saw that earlier. I assumed from that he was heading to Sardinia for ten days via a ferry out of Livorno and that he was concerned that the crossing was going to be rough. He was surprised that the Junior Cup final goes straight to penalties rather than playing extra time and he was struggling to come to terms with the concept of the Krankies. But perhaps I'm reading far too much into this.

• Like 2

Hey it's not the best news, but if u asked me at the end of the season, who would you rather stayed Osman n Lawless or Seabourne n Frans....... I know what I would have chosen.

Osman and Frans for me.

But it is what it is. Good luck to Freddie wherever it is he's going. He's been a model of dignity on and off the field during his Jaggy tenure.

And above all, thanks for those stats Big Man, they're going to be hard to replicate.

We only offered him a years deal and he wanted a longer one and a guarantee of games, Archie i hope knows what he is doing with this as i hope he knows what he is doing with Gallagher.

Heard that while in Metz, and if that is the case, then it is disappointing. To me, Freddie was equally as deserving of a two-year deal as those who have already been offered one.

Having said that, we don't know what was said in the discussions, so we have to trust Archie on this one. He's always come up with the solutions so far.

Nevertheless, would have been comforting to have known the spine of the team was secured at this point without having to worry too much.

If he was only offered a one year deal that is disappointing though it suggests to me that having lost Seaborne and maybe Miller that Archie has some players lined up to take their places

Frans was decent but I wouldn't have offered him anything beyond a year either. Two year contracts are for stick ons for the starting XI every week. Same goes for Miller.

ETA : I see you can stand at the match in Lier for €10. http://lierse.com/nl/ticketprijzen

Edited by Vaila Street

To be fair VS, guys that move to here from abroad usually look for at least a 2 year contract. As I said, we need a bit of pace in the back 4 and its up to Archie to provide that for the team....we also now need a bit of height as well

To be fair VS, guys that move to here from abroad usually look for at least a 2 year contract. As I said, we need a bit of pace in the back 4 and its up to Archie to provide that for the team....we also now need a bit of height as well

Absolutely - I understand why Frans wouldn't be happy with a year. The Belgian second division is bizarre though - only 8 teams playing the same 14 game league 2 times over in the same season before a play off for promotion (!)

Absolutely - I understand why Frans wouldn't be happy with a year. The Belgian second division is bizarre though - only 8 teams playing the same 14 game league 2 times over in the same season before a play off for promotion (!)

Everything about Belgian league football is very strange, they seem to have playoffs galore for everything and it seems teams from the second tier get a shot at qualifying for Europe through them.

Good luck to Frans, thought he was a good solid centre back and am absolute gentleman too. We could do with a bit more pace at the back, though I'm sure that's an argument every club in Scotland bar maybe Celtic will make.