Yup! I was there on Saturday and it was a bit of a snorefest. I have just watched the video twice and realised that, although Q P were never really in the game Tomas had two really good saves and we could actually have been down. The marking looked awful! And then I remembered Liam losing the ball on the touch line in the second half when he was trying to shepherd the ball out and thought that a better team than QP would have made a lot more of that opportunity.

I know we have won our first four games and, yes, many of our good players have still to return.......

I am still worried. Is the worry unnecessary or will we be paying for defensive frailty in the first few weeks of the league season and at Tannadice as well? I wasn't at Bath or the other southern fixture but have seen everything else including the three we let in against Dunfermline at the Science Park.

Worried! You bet!

I take on board what you say and agree to an extent,however most of defence still new to each other so hopefully time to gel and Archie has alluded to new centre half being in the horizon. What i do know is this time last season was I was more worried about attack than defence so in context I am in more relaxed

place as if we can outscore opponents then I aint worried about final scores.

We'll be fine. Worry not. Cerny is back and he'll be a commanding figure.

I'm actually more confident without Seabourne in there - no more grappling with players and their shirts whenever a cross comes in.

And when we do concede - we'll score more than them anyway!!!

Fullbacks are totally fine, but I'm not too confident about our CB pairing. It's definitely our weakest area at present. Lindsay is already a decent young player with a very promising future, but he definitely has mistakes and poor decisions in him, which he's probably a few years away from totally ironing out. Caley fans seem to say the same about Devine; generally solid but with the occasional big lapse in concentration.

If we don't sign another CB before the window closes, that will be a worry, but there's still plenty of time to do so. We've made some of our best signings right before or even a few weeks into the season, as the wage demands of certain players start to come down when they realise they won't have a team otherwise.

• Like 1

It's an odd feeling to be a Jags fan, winning 4 matches in a row and still feeling the need to improve in certain areas. Not that I disagree. Just that it's quite a good feeling. I think we are one decent CB away from a really strong team.

A couple of seasons ago I would have been worried, but Archie has brought in the right players at the right time more often than not. So less worried now.

• Like 1

Scott Boyd has been told that he's free to find another club apparently...

It wouldn't be the worst signing we could make. He has a lot of experience and would be a solid if not an exciting addition. No doubt that others will judge him on his last spell with us 10 years ago rather than his form since then. Close to 300 games with Ross !

How often did that result in a foul? Seabourne was one of those big dirty bassas who knew how to get away with it. That's going to be a big miss.

How often did a Seabourne power header or a Seabourne big boot up the park or even one of his hasty passes out of defence reach a Jags player?

Sure he did get away with all that yanking and tugging but...

Only time will tell how much we'll miss all that

It wouldn't be the worst signing we could make. He has a lot of experience and would be a solid if not an exciting addition. No doubt that others will judge him on his last spell with us 10 years ago rather than his form since then. Close to 300 games with Ross !

He was pretty "Bambi on ice" during that spell mind you. But yeah would be a dull but not awful signing

How often did a Seabourne power header or a Seabourne big boot up the park or even one of his hasty passes out of defence reach a Jags player?

Sure he did get away with all that yanking and tugging but...

Only time will tell how much we'll miss all that

Power headers and big boots up the park...clearing his lines, in other words.

Just wondering ... Remember Jukka Santala who we signed as defender, but found out that he couldn't defend, so we shoved him up front where he scored for fun.

I wonder if we could try the reverse with big Mattias ?

Re Grandison. I saw the photo on the Birmingham link and immediately thought of the recent thread on what commentators mean. Grandison looks like a "solid unit" (ie fat *******).