25 Years A Jag

Jagsman

Mere youngsters!

I remember back in January 1885 when Willie Paul scored his first goals for Thistle against Kilmarnock Athletic. I turned to my grandson and said "This guy's looks a good prospect son."

Ah, that Bob Crampsey moment!

To Jagsman & Chunky and every other long time supporter, congrats for sticking with it and choosing the right colours in life.

• Like 1

Apparently I attended my first game in 1961 when I was two. It was part of my dad's plan to indoctrinate me into the cause. I don't remember much about the early years. Being born in Oakbank and living in Raeberry Street in a Jag's household, my destiny was set early on.

My dad really didn't like football much. He 'supported' Hearts so I suggested he attend his 1st Hearts match on 1st March 1969 as they were playing locally at Firhill.

This was also my 1st ever football match so I started the game supporting Hearts, finished supporting Thistle and have hardly missed a Jags game since.Because we pumped them 5-1.

The old man never watched Hearts again and I even dragged him along to the odd jags game.

i first attended estadio firhill when i was six and am now 66 so that makes 60 not out (although i endured a 'lost' decade when i lived in london and had to follow the jags via ceefax).

Aye, but - at the time - you wrote some crackin' Jags articles for the Torygraph. I still have those pieces in my loft!

Aye, but - at the time - you wrote some crackin' Jags articles for the Torygraph. I still have those pieces in my loft!

i thank you; but i was actually living in the las vegas of the north - eaglesham - during my torygraph years. london was my reuters days and at a recent reunion in fleet street i was both surprised and moved by how many of my old colleagues said: "do you know, the partick thistle result is the first i look for after rapid vienna/paris st germain/lokomotiv plovdiv or whoever..."

i even have a pal called bep van houdt who is the OFFICIAL president of the ajax amsterdam partick thistle supporters club and wears a jags' tie with pride.

• Like 1

Were you wearing a bunnet?

Jeez! Are you some sort of psychic?

Not 100% unrelated, as I'm sure we've got many many years of Jagology behind us, but it was a real pleasure to meet Cyprus Jag this afternoon. He may as yet not know it but he's now a fully fledged member of the North East Clackmannanshire Partick Thistle Supporters Association!

1st game on 17th September 1966 v Clyde (0-1)

Joe Gilroy in the first minute.

Never looked back since. I still detest Clyde.

At Hampden on 23rd October 1971, this 14 year old said it will be the first of many.

Unfortunately, I didn't put a timescale on that.

Would appreciate the next of the aforementioned many happening before God calls me up to his office to account for my time on here.....................