Ross County 22/10/16

Auld Jag

While it is disappointing to have lost a lead in our last 3 games at Firhill, I think there were signs on Saturday that the 3 central defenders set up was much more solid. Despite these poor outcomes we are still only 3 points from top half of the table - so all the other bottom half teams are having the same problems of securing consistent results. If we win on Wednesday, it is likely we will be 7th and a draw is likely to lift us one more position.

As has been said we had a number of "starters" out on Saturday who if/when they get back will surely only strengthen our team. It isn't time to be despondent.

It says a lot about some of the folk on here, with 6 first team players injured, who would either be straight into the starting 11, or providing the current 11 with stiffer competition for places, that they are lambasting our "reserves" for keeping us in the mix for top 6.

Rather than support our squad players for stepping up to the mark,keeping us in touch and not isolated at the bottom, they would rather hide behind their user names, trolling a fans forum, for kicks. As long as they keep doing it, their opinion is an irrelevance.

We didnt have 6 key players out injured against st johnstone, rangers, motherwell and hamilton. While I accept Dumbuya and Banzo are missed, the latter wouldnt be here if he never got injured. The term squad player is exactly what it is, they should be good enough to be staking a place in the team. This is there chance to shine.

PT, im glad you can understand the glasgow slang, the last time i done it some clown thought it was foreign just because they clearly must have been a big fancy dan from Milngavie.

Come on the Jags,

Surely you mean "last time I did it"?

Daniel

Milngavie

• Like 4

Really when you analyse the posts on this forum , there are about 5 or 6 people really disgruntled with Archie and the way things are going at the moment.

That versus the amount of people at the game on Saturday singing Archies praises even in the sweetie wrapper JHS, therefore if this forum gives these people a wee opportunity to vent their nonsense the rest of us should just accept it and remember that the real voices are heard AT THE GAME

• Like 3

I'm working away from home, so only heard the last 30 mins on commentary.

Michael Max reckoned there was a man covering, so a yellow was correct decision. He also couldn't believe Gordon backing off at the equaliser

Yeah. I was right behind Gordon and couldn't believe he didn't get his body between the ball and the goal. I was genuinely stunned when the ball hit the net.

Really when you analyse the posts on this forum , there are about 5 or 6 people really disgruntled with Archie and the way things are going at the moment.

That versus the amount of people at the game on Saturday singing Archies praises even in the sweetie wrapper JHS, therefore if this forum gives these people a wee opportunity to vent their nonsense the rest of us should just accept it and remember that the real voices are heard AT THE GAME

Not sure what that statement means but the tone seems derogatory. If it is derogatory, why? We have an average attendance of only 2,500. Surely we should celebrate a common purpose. Talk of 'My stand is better than your stand' is divisive, unwelcoming and unhelpful. In difficult days we need to pull together.

Not sure what that statement means but the tone seems derogatory. If it is derogatory, why? We have an average attendance of only 2,500. Surely we should celebrate a common purpose. Talk of 'My stand is better than your stand' is divisive, unwelcoming and unhelpful. In difficult days we need to pull together.

Apologies BB, it wasn't meant to sound derogatory towards JHS, I was trying to make the point that on Sat the JHS were singing Archies name when they don't always get involved in the singing at games, emphasising the fact the most of us are happy with Archie and that the half dozen or so on here who seem to want him moved on are in the minority. No way was I inferring that the NS was better than the JHS, can understand it could be interpreted that way though.

• Like 1

See to be honest, would anyone really be complaining if we hadn't lost the late goals in 3 out of 4 of our last games? Like actually be honest with yourself. Small margins lads and ladies. The late goals either seem to be confidence or fitness, I think a two goal lead in any of these games and we wouldn't have even been troubled near the end. One goal lead... Bumhole of the team falls apart. Without conceding these late goals we're top six right now.

It's easy to blame one or two individuals for the goal and perhaps quite rightly so, but as a team, at the end of the game we were really struggling to hold the ball and at that point you just knew the equaliser was coming. I think given how things were going a couple of big rugby style boot of the ball out the park in there half, press them higher up, foul them, hold the ball up, frustrate them, anger them etc... This didn't seem to happen, we just seemed to kinda keep it in play and make it easier for them to put us under pressure by backing off.

Corners though, we need to sort this, it's embarrassing now. It's been seasons we've had this issue of not beating the first man or floating it to the back. Seriously, do we not practice corners? We've had big defenders last season and we've got Liam as a target man now and still the set piece taking is diabolical. It's honestly my biggest complaint, we waste so many chances. I have a feeling Penrice played at the end of last season and his first game we scored from a corner. Penrice should take corner kick training, teenage kid can hit them better than anyone else in the team!