Why Cant We Do This?

Auld Jag

Yeah is annoying, but I don't think team like Hearts, St Johnstone and Aberdeen are as good as they have been in previous years and Sevco certainly ain't anything special. Could be that we will need to target points in these games. Pretty sure I heard Archie saying last year that they target a minimum 12 points a quarter until the league splits. Despite it being a disappointing start to the season, like last season, if we win tonight or on Saturday we won't be far off that target. Tonight is a big, big game even this early in the season! If we are pointless from the two games come Saturday at 5.00pm, it could be a long season!

Edited by Lindau

Ask Accies if they'd rather have beaten us and drawn with the Dons.

Our draws at Pittodrie and away wins at McDiarmid in recent seasons have been impressive and no doubt the envy of our usual rivals. Maybe we could've taken something off Celtic if we could ever have got to play them in August when they've not looked too bright. Clutching at straws, I know.

The main thing tho', which we've not been doing, is to win against our perceived rivals. That hopefully starts tonight. So far not getting beaten by Killie, Accies, 'Well and County is about the only positive this season and that requires a good dollop of spin.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Hamilton were awarded what looked like a very soft penalty for some minor jostling at the edge of the box...Azeez was booked for diving on the 6 yard line when the Ross County defender had both arms round him.

Aberdeen have had one or two favourable decisions at Firhill - Rooney's blatant hand ball before scoring springs to mind.

We should be doing better and taking points from the stronger sides but the margins are very small.

As has been stated above, the hope that other teams do us a favour is, in our wee tiny pretendy, 4xbigotmungus league, a bit problematic.

For example - this afternoon it would, in positional terms, be good for us, in a blatantly self interested way, if Kilmarnock lost, or if ICT were beaten - although hoping The Rangers International Transient team and even the likes of Hearts win is probably equally (if not moreso) unpalatable. If we take a point or, better still, 3 points today than we will have served our own purpose without the assistance of others.

I suppose the bigger picture is that we, self-evidently, seem to be utterly incapable of scraping many, if any, points from the likes of the other 2 Glasgow sides, plus Aberdeen or Hearts whilst other sides in the lower portion of the league tend to be able to do so on a reasonably regular basis - Hamilton and Kilmarnock being examples this very week. Looking back at the end of the season it might cause some anguish but at the moment, good for them.

Does yesterday's result count as "doing it". St Johnstone could have gone 2nd with a win. Or does the result have to be against Celtic, Rangers,Aberdeen and Hearts.

I think we have to be patient. In the last few seasons we have broken a few long running records :- beating Dundee Utd(and going on a run of 3 or 4 consecutive wins); winning vs St J( now having won 5 out of 6 ?); and beating Dundee(no wins since promotion)

Apart from getting results vs the aforementioned 4, I think the only one left is to get a result at Firpark

Does yesterday's result count as "doing it". St Johnstone could have gone 2nd with a win. Or does the result have to be against Celtic, Rangers,Aberdeen and Hearts.

I think we have to be patient. In the last few seasons we have broken a few long running records :- beating Dundee Utd(and going on a run of 3 or 4 consecutive wins); winning vs St J( now having won 5 out of 6 ?); and beating Dundee(no wins since promotion)

Apart from getting results vs the aforementioned 4, I think the only one left is to get a result at Firpark

It was Glasgow buses at McDiarmid. No wins in a couple of decades then three come along in a row. Agree Firpark is the target. Have come away from that ground dejected too many times. Definitely time we won there if only as pay back for the ridiculous amount of walking you have to do between pub and away stand.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

It was Glasgow buses at McDiarmid. No wins in a couple of decades then three come along in a row. Agree Firpark is the target. Have come away from that ground dejected too many times. Definitely time we won there if only as pay back for the ridiculous amount of walking you have to do between pub and away stand.

Agree, would love a win there. It hasn't always been this way, still dining out on the 90's when we seemed to win there for fun. One of my most enjoyable matches was the 3.2 win when we were 2 down at half time. What a 45 mins, although going by this forum at times Lambie would have been sacked at half time.

• Like 1

Bottom line is that we haven't picked up points from the 'top'' teams is simply because harsh as it might sound we're frankly not good enough. There is also the not insignificant matter of mental strength which results in teams been beaten before they even cross the white line and until we start beating the 'big boys' it becomes something of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

As for The Rangers there is absolutely no reason I can think of why we shouldn't be looking to beat that mob: the epitome of the Emperror's new clothes in footballing terms.

• Like 1

Agree, would love a win there. It hasn't always been this way, still dining out on the 90's when we seemed to win there for fun. One of my most enjoyable matches was the 3.2 win when we were 2 down at half time. What a 45 mins, although going by this forum at times Lambie would have been sacked at half time.

My favorite game at Fir Park. No, sorry, my favorite game at Fir Park against Motherwell.

My favorite game at Fir Park. No, sorry, my favorite game at Fir Park against Motherwell.

Well qualified BB, but even then I still recall the team being booed off at 2-1 up at halftime. I have never booed my team at any time but I guess my standards are much lower and maybe those that did can take some credit for the 11-1 result?

• 2 weeks later...