Doolan 100

BowenBoys

A question:

Of his incredible 227 goals, Willie Sharp scored "only" 90 league goals...... does that mean he scored 137 goals in cup competitions and friendlies?

Sharp's 227 are all from "competitive" action, he has 238 when you add in the friendlies for the "all games" category.

To answer your question:

http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/11964-doolan-100/page__view__findpost__p__265961

;)

No doubt Phil will tell me to feck off but I can't help thinking that if the club/Phil ran with further stock (say 500) of the limited edition Dools scarf, that they would sell out pretty damn quickly, if on sale inside the ground before the end of the season.

Edited by Lindau

No doubt Phil will tell me to feck off but I can't help thinking that if the club/Phil ran with further stock (say 500) of the limited edition Dools scarf, that they would sell out pretty damn quickly, if on sale inside the ground?

500! Limited edition.

Just saw the highlights and wondering what happened to the wee boy who tried to get Kris to take his own tribute scarf. Would have been a nice touch if he had notice the wee lad and hoisted it overhead.

No doubt Phil will tell me to feck off but I can't help thinking that if the club/Phil ran with further stock (say 500) of the limited edition Dools scarf, that they would sell out pretty damn quickly, if on sale inside the ground before the end of the season.

:happy2:

500! Limited edition.

Yes! 500 would still make it a limited edition and there must be plenty people out there that have no idea about the Doolan 100 scarf and where it came from. Don't know what the profit margin is on the scarf, but money is money and every pound helps the club.

Edited by Lindau

Yes! 500 would still make it a limited edition and there must be plenty people out there that have no idea about the Doolan 100 scarf and where it came from. Don't know what the profit margin is on the scarf, but money is money and every pound helps the club.

They cost me £5.04 each. Might get a discount for ordering 500. So, outlay about £2500. Potential profit £2500. Need to sell 250 to get the outlay back.

I might have gone for another hundred a while ago but the fact that it actually took six weeks to sell the last batch put me off.

Tbh Lindau I'm a bit tired and could do with a holiday. Fortunately, I'm leaving in 11 hours. Viva Cuba! :D

• Like 1

They cost me £5.04 each. Might get a discount for ordering 500. So, outlay about £2500. Potential profit £2500. Need to sell 250 to get the outlay back.

I might have gone for another hundred a while ago but the fact that it actually took six weeks to sell the last batch put me off.

Tbh Lindau I'm a bit tired and could do with a holiday. Fortunately, I'm leaving in 11 hours. Viva Cuba! :D

You deserve it Phil...it was just a thought mate!

Enjoy the break Phil, very much deserved mate

I'd be happy to waive design royalties for any future batch

Cuba! Won,t that cost about 3 grand. After em boys. Ees doing a runner! :thumbsup:

Enjoy your holiday Phil..No sneaking onto WAT.

One from the archives and it looks like Dools has filled out a bit since those days. Either that or that Ignis strip is far too big for him...lol

Probably my favourite out of the 101 though ultimately didn't really mean anything! The scenes when this one went in were mindboggling!

Looking forward to the Jagzone showing every one of Dools 101 goals at some point today!

Edited by Lindau

One from the archives and it looks like Dools has filled out a bit since those days. Either that or that Ignis strip is far too big for him...lol

Probably my favourite out of the 101 though ultimately didn't really mean anything! The scenes when this one went in were mindboggling!

Looking forward to the Jagzone showing every one of Dools 101 goals at some point today!

I said recently that his goal v Queen of the South was possibly my favourite ever moment watching Thistle. Strange, given we didn't win but the two or three minutes after the goal were incredible.

What a video. I was smiling the whole way through.

I would love a chart showing all his strike positions and whether they are headers, left or right foot strikes. I might do it in the next few weeks if I find the time.

"You couldn't have written that. If I was to have made up the story that's exactly the way I would have written it."

I said recently that his goal v Queen of the South was possibly my favourite ever moment watching Thistle. Strange, given we didn't win but the two or three minutes after the goal were incredible.

We were awful in that game and I didn't really care when we lost on penalties but that goal is one of my favourite moments in following the Jags over the years. Dools was booked for being mobbed by Thistle fans celebrating that goal and was booked by Willie Collum for showing his 100 and counting message on Saturday. I think he may have picked up a caution for a foul in a League game a season or two ago but I can't remember any other cautions...maybe our stats guru can give the definitive answer.

The two goals on Saturday were trademark Doolan...drifting away from defenders, a good touch to give him space & an instant shot into the corner of the net.

Kris has been a real credit to himself and the club.

• Like 2

:detective:

07.04.2013 Queen of the South [n] L*1-1 (Challenge Cup Final) *aet, lost on pens

21.09.2013 Kilmarnock [h] D1-1 (SPFL Premiership - game 7)

07.12.2013 Hibernian [a] D1-1 (SPFL Premiership - game 15)

29.03.2014 St Johnstone [a] D1-1 (SPFL Premiership - game 32)

27.09.2014 Kilmarnock [a] L0-3 (SPFL Premiership - game 7)

04.10.2014 Motherwell [h] W3-1 (SPFL Premiership - game 8)

01.04.2017 Ross County [h] W2-1 (SPFL Premiership - game 30)

I'd be wary of saying this was a definitive list, as I'm relying on what was reported by "the network" and it's nearly impossible to be alert enough to plug gaps when they occasionally miss them.

What I would say is 7 known cards in 314 competive appearances stands in great contrast to Banzo's known haul of 38 in 169!

:detective:

07.04.2013 Queen of the South [n] L*1-1 (Challenge Cup Final) *aet, lost on pens

21.09.2013 Kilmarnock [h] D1-1 (SPFL Premiership - game 7)

07.12.2013 Hibernian [a] D1-1 (SPFL Premiership - game 15)

29.03.2014 St Johnstone [a] D1-1 (SPFL Premiership - game 32)

27.09.2014 Kilmarnock [a] L0-3 (SPFL Premiership - game 7)

04.10.2014 Motherwell [h] W3-1 (SPFL Premiership - game 8)

01.04.2017 Ross County [h] W2-1 (SPFL Premiership - game 30)

I'd be wary of saying this was a definitive list, as I'm relying on what was reported by "the network" and it's nearly impossible to be alert enough to plug gaps when they occasionally miss them.

What I would say is 7 known cards in 314 competive appearances stands in great contrast to Banzo's known haul of 38 in 169!

Thanks TJR...didn't realise Dools had picked up that many bookings...good on him! I think that Gary Lineker never had a single caution in his entire career which always seemed a bit weird...how can you play professional football for years and not lose the plot on at least a few occasions?