Doolan 100

BowenBoys

I have received a draft of TJR's biography of Kris Doolan's goal scoring achievement (unfinished, of course). It is a wonderfully evocative piece of writing, packed with lovely details that spark great memories. A fitting tribute to a Thistle legend.

A framed print of this will be presented to Kris and Doolan 100 participants will each receive an unframed print.

There is still time to join the 31 members who will be at the Doolan 100 ceremony. This really is a once in a lifetime event. You might even be the person who presents Kris with his trophy.

Pledge £25 to join the Doolan 100*. All proceeds to the Player Fund.

*you must be a contributor to PAWS first. That will cost a wee bit more!

It's a shame that Doolan becoming joint all time league goalscorer has gone relatively unnoticed.

I think it's more a case of not celebrated rather than unnoticed. Largely, I imagine, because a greater achievement is not far away. Soon to be the outright leading all time league goal scorer.

With no Cup games to come, this record feat will coincide with Kris scoring his 100th competitive goal for Thistle. When his football career is finally over, the man has a great future as a script writer.

'Mon, Dools - over the last wee hurdle this Saturday.

The "100" scarf is burning a hole in my pocket!

I won't be there on Saturday. A long-standing arrangement with my boys.

Obviously, would like it to happen at Firhill and when I'm there but I hope Kris does it Saturday in front of a large, scarf waving support.

Obviously, would like it to happen at Firhill and when I'm there but I hope Kris does it Saturday in front of a large, scarf waving support.

Don't want to see the "100" delayed and hope Kris scores on Saturday. But a good win (any win, really) with someone else doing the scoring wouldn't be so bad. Anticipation of him reaching the milestone the following week at Firhill coud add a good few hundred onto the gate.

btw finally just about getting over the late disappointment yesterday. Switch on the telly and what's the film on the channel? Aye, The ******* Equaliser!!! :mad2:

I think it's more a case of not celebrated rather than unnoticed. Largely, I imagine, because a greater achievement is not far away. Soon to be the outright leading all time league goal scorer.

With no Cup games to come, this record feat will coincide with Kris scoring his 100th competitive goal for Thistle. When his football career is finally over, the man has a great future as a script writer.

I won't be there on Saturday. A long-standing arrangement with my boys.

I appreciate there is bigger to come but I haven't heard it mentioned at all. It's not even spoken about on official website (as far as I can see).

I appreciate there is bigger to come but I haven't heard it mentioned at all. It's not even spoken about on official website (as far as I can see).

To be fair, it was mentioned in Archie's post-match interview on Jagzone (good old Michael, what a pro!) I generally agree with your point though, I think it's a massive moment in our history being undervalued, not for the first time. You wouldn't get this with ra Sellick. They know their history and they make sure every reporter knows all about it.

On a more positive note, everyone in the media seems well informed about the imminent 100, so that should get a big bang. I was wondering if the media would be a goal behind, since Dools Scottish Cup goal vs. Cove was an "in-house" credit only. Not so, however, which has proved a point to me that, stats wise, they report whatever they're fed by the club. Which, I might add, is the way it should be.

When you see the years at which all those others guys scored their goals, you realise how incredibly lucky we have been and are to have Kris at Firhill.

Absolutely. Looking at those lists, this whole Kris Doolan experience seems rather surreal in the 21st century.

It is getting excitingly close now.

I hope to announce the date of the presentation as soon as Dools scores. Unfortunately, we are close to a period of uncertainty as shown in this chart.

Screen_Shot_2017_03_13_at_22_30_33.png

The club have this information.

Should he score on Saturday, then things are clear. I emailed the club today for confirmation that 1 April would be ok. I expect that it will be.

If Kris doesn't score at Rugby Park then things get a little more difficult.

I need to give 14 days notice to allow more distant members a chance to arrange time off, travel plans etc.. Therefore I will have to wait until the post-split fixtures are arranged before I announce the date.

Post-split match days.

Round 34 - Saturday 29 April, 2017

Round 35 - Saturday 6 May, 2017

Round 36 - Saturday 13 May, 2017

Round 37 - Tuesday 16 May & Wednesday 17 May, 2017

Round 38 - Saturday 20 May & Sunday 21 May, 2017

The last pre-split fixture is on Sunday 16 April and I think it takes four days(?) to sort out the fixtures. So, around 20 April. That means that the earliest date for the presentation is 6 May, if that is a home game.

Edited by BowenBoys