Motherwell 19/11/16

Lindau

Did ye sit with yer hands under yer erse an say, "oh sorry stuckers keep on punchin it your doing good" if ye did yer a walloper. Of course he cost us but there were many that were culpable if not all. Everybody wants azeez to do sonething expected of a footballer but he is more linford christie than georgie shaw. Hes no a footballer end of. We would as well have arnie up front. Erskine,, tried too hard playing miracle baws and sometimes without real thought. Still reckon hes oor best. Lawless looked decent. End of the day we were toothless and love the hauf way line, doesnt win ye games but

Just read Metz analysis of the game. Im hoping he was there to see it because defending the indefensible is mindless. We called the ref for everything but we could have been a man and another goal down when barton hit an aimless ball into oor own penalty box. It would have been harsh but i think mad dallas felt sorry fir us. When he gave us the thumb further ripped the proverbial and was the signal to vacate the ground. Big ask next next week 'away' to the current buns

Just read Metz analysis of the game. Im hoping he was there to see it because defending the indefensible is mindless. We called the ref for everything but we could have been a man and another goal down when barton hit an aimless ball into oor own penalty box. It would have been harsh but i think mad dallas felt sorry fir us. When he gave us the thumb further ripped the proverbial and was the signal to vacate the ground. Big ask next next week 'away' to the current buns

Not sure what Metz analysis you read but this Metz never made one. Glad you were there today because if a clueless tube like you is going to away games we must be doing something right as normally your sort is at home making up your own analysis of the game based on the score. Just for the sake of doubt I don't and never will make comment on any game that I have not been to I'll leave that for clueless twats like you.

Did ye sit with yer hands under yer erse an say, "oh sorry stuckers keep on punchin it your doing good" if ye did yer a walloper. Of course he cost us but there were many that were culpable if not all. Everybody wants azeez to do sonething expected of a footballer but he is more linford christie than georgie shaw. Hes no a footballer end of. We would as well have arnie up front. Erskine,, tried too hard playing miracle baws and sometimes without real thought. Still reckon hes oor best. Lawless looked decent. End of the day we were toothless and love the hauf way line, doesnt win ye games but

Again evidence of your classless lack of respect for a human being that put in a shift (thats when you go to work and earn a wage for your efforts) regardless of the outcome. In truth I couldn't make out the rest of your ramblings but no drama it's probably some negative dribble anyway.

Erskine should never again be used as a striker.

Doolan should has been on after 20 minutes for one of the useless midfielders, probably Welsh, as it just wasn't working. But could have been any of the 3.

Plus point was Stevie looking better than he has all season. I wonder if he was carrying the injury. Azeez was provided with 2 great chances mid way through 2nd half. The 2nd would've been a great goal as Azeez worked space brilliantly. Then blasted over!

Would like to find space for lawless and Erskine but don't think the system we play allows this.

Tam back next week please.

Can we afford to continue with Devine?

The inconsistency of the ref was frustrating . He was terrified of upsetting McDonald who is an excellent player but a poor excuse for a sportsman. He should have been booked 3 times. Osman as usual booked for nothing.

Nearly forgot about the foul against Azeez when he was running clear after managing to free himself from being grappled.

I am pleased there is no flack being aimed at Stuckman because whilst I agree he was at fault for the first goal there doesn't always need to be a villain. I avoid this forum at times just because of the over negative criticasism of players when in my opinion it isn't justified or warranted.

We are supposed to be fans of the club and in my view that means without being blinded to reality you give the club the team the benefit of the doubt when the evidence is inconclusive.

Sorry Metz, but although I was up the other end, it looked to me that he was seriously to blame for the goal, so why shouldn't he get the flack. The forum is for voicing opinions. The first goal is important in any game. We are a team that seems unable to battle back from going behind...stats over the last few years prove this. If we score first we rarely don't get something from the game, if we concede first, we rarely get anything from the game. It was noticeable again yesterday that he was too far off his line twice in the second half when McDonald and Moult were running through on separate occasions but still had plenty to do. I did not solely blame him for the defeat. The defence was awful in that first half. They were ragdolled by Moult, Cadden and McDonald and for the size we have at the back, there was total panic when Motherwell threw any balls into the box. Fingers crossed that Tomas is just about ready to return.....he is by far the best goalie at the club. Going by that performance and with the games we have up till the end of December, we are looking at being bottom of the table come the break,

Edited by Lindau

Metz, how can you comment on my observation of a game you never seen. As regards your point about people making an honest living, i dont see how that is relevant at all. Dont we all? You dont think anyone should take responsibility for the outcome. Do you think the keeper should always punch the ball when easier to catch? Should he not learn from it? Your the one thats clueless, if your going to slate my opinion at least go to the games where you could at least argue it. Theres the highlights up for ye now, watch at your leisure

Our defending and goalkeeping all season has absolutley shocking.

Don't know about anyone else that was at the game, but it was the lack of effort and urgency in the first half that annoyed me more than anything else. We can't afford to start taking a game seriously after 45 minutes. Motherwell were in and about us from the minute the game started. Archie obviously had a right go at half time and the second half was a lot better, but the players only need to look at the table to realise we are in a relegation battle this season and that they are going to have to show a helluva lot more than they showed yesterday to get us up the table.

• Like 1

We seem to switch off at throw ins and never catch on to the idea we have the extra man because one of their players is off the field. We should have a defender in front of their first player. The first goal came from a throw in, allowing McDonald time to receive the ball, turn and cross. We had a similar situation against Celtic last season. If you stop the cross coming into the box, it eliminates the chances of players colliding.

Away defeats are never good, but when they charge £41 for one adult and 2 kids, equivalent at Thistle £22, it sticks in the throat a bit more. First away game this season and I thought the crowd were really flat, mirroring the team.

Hopefully everyone will be in song come Saturday.

Re Harry's point, was amazed at the lack of hassle we had getting through to Fir Park yesterday via Newhouse/Uddingston. Took us 35-40 minutes from the West End to the door of The Electric and similar on the way back. Still it was a fair turnout of 637 (I think that's what they announced) I noticed going into the Main Stand that they charge £23. £41 for an adult and two kids is the thing that is driving families away from the game. That is ludicrous. You shouldn't be paying more than £5 to take a kid to any game. It was bloody freezing in that stand yesterday and sadly my club gave me nothing to get warmed up about in the 92 minutes of play.

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

Cost me best part of £100 yesterday to take the two weans to the football, travel, food etc. Was in two minds whether to go with Xmas looming. Regardless of bad result and nice as it was to catch up with Motherwell fan friends over a reasonably priced meal beforehand, overall it was poor value for money.

Would make sense to offer reciprocal discount deals to season ticket holders / fans who attend both games but probably too much hassle to administer.

• Like 2

Getting to pantomime time of year. We've even got an ugly sister, albeit an understudy, visiting us next week. Yesterday McDonald and Dallas gave excellent performances as panto villains. The former gets away scot free with antics only a Celtic/Sevco player normally gets away with. The latter is clearly incompetent and shouldn't be anywhere near a top division match. Every time I see him I'm more convinced he doesn't actually know the rules.

Whatever, regardless of cheating and incompetency, our players should be glad those two were on the pitch. They helped deflect much of the derision that should've been directed at them.

Getting to pantomime time of year. We've even got an ugly sister, albeit an understudy, visiting us next week. Yesterday McDonald and Dallas gave excellent performances as panto villains. The former gets away scot free with antics only a Celtic/Sevco player normally gets away with. The latter is clearly incompetent and shouldn't be anywhere near a top division match. Every time I see him I'm more convinced he doesn't actually know the rules.

Whatever, regardless of cheating and incompetency, our players should be glad those two were on the pitch. They helped deflect much of the derision that should've been directed at them.

I would take McDonald at Firhill in a heartbeat. Don't support his antics, but a bit like Chic, he is the type of guy that you detest playing against but that you would love playing for your team. It was beyond comprehension why he never got booked yesterday. Just as a memory recall, he halved Barton in two, committed at least 6/7 other niggly fouls, dived several times, was constantly holding on to Devines shirt and backing into him and was constantly back chatting to the ref. A few of our players got booked for their first tackles yesterday. Dallas was a total disgrace!

• Like 1

Totally agree with Lindau above. In the first half our build up was far too slow, at least in the second we showed some urgency. Stuckman at 6 ft 5 should not be punching crosses. Several times before the goal he did this with both hands, once straight to a Well forward. If you're over 6ft and can get two hands on the ball you must catch it and give your defenders confidence.

For the second goal I thought it was Barton who failed to pick up our wee obnoxious friend but I may be wrong.

Yes Dools made a difference and Azeez had two decent chances but they could have stepped up a gear if we had scored and they looked a much better team than us throughout.

Yesterday was a collective failure especially in the first half and as stated above,in this league you can't turn up at half time and expect to win.

McDonald took the piss out of Dallas the whole game and the latter was a joke as a referee but he wasn't the reason we lost.

The solution is to play at good pace throughout. We've got good creative players and let's hope this poor showing doesn't knock our confidence as we face some of the top teams in in coming weeks.

Could see both goals unfolding. As soon as Devine turned his back on McDonald, an extremely poor piece of 'defending', he xploited this weakness and sent over a good cross which our giant goalie should have left to Lindsay to deal with. 2 atrocious decisions by our defenders.

Goal 2. Can't remember how they got the break but I was watching Barton and urging him to get across to McDonald as it was clear the only opening was the cross to the wee con man. Instead he went towards the ball trying to intercept.

If I can see this in the stand surely the players can take responsibility on the park. After all they get paid to make these decisions.

Some of Bartons play is a joy to watch. But he has to be taught how to defend.

I know Ziggy has been poor especially at RCB but surely he would do better than Devine.

Two priorities in January, if we get involved, is another central defender and another striker. They announced when they each scored yesterday that Moults goal was his 6th of the season and McDonalds was his 5th. If we had strikers bagging that amount we would be fighting for the top 4 never mind top 6!

• Like 1

Watching sportscene and the two goals we concede were worse than i remember. We allowed a high ball to drop then devine and another (might be osman) turn there back, shite it if ye will, the cross comes in and the less punched the better. Barton makes an erse of it twice, does a balatoni first time aboot then does a rowson special and credit the real striker converts from 18 yards. Say wit ye want about McDonald, hes got quality that we lack in that department. We lacked any quality throughout the piece which resulted in aimless kicks to nobody in particular. I wouldn't go as far as to say it was a waste of a day but as others have said it was an expensive day non the less. Ye can tell right away sometimes how the game wis gonnae go and from the start we made the writing was on the wall. I dont know wit it is wae us sometimes, theres a softness which gets exposed too easily. One thing looking back is how good they were at stopping the cross, a couple of times they ended up with a goal kick instead of conceding a corner. That again though came down to a lack of quality on our part. We were limited to shots from distance, interesting that the azeez turn an shot never featured on the bbc, either to save his blushes or because they have an insider that knows he cant finish his dinner. Id side with the former. Put it down to a bad day at the office for some, but in my honest opinion, azeez isnt at this level. I was praying fir him yesterday to prove me wrong but were well into the season now, we need to start producing the goods. Even the way ge strikes the ball in the first half, it was a difficult opportunity but jist the way he struck the ball, even if it found he target, it would have barely been enough to reach the keeper. Sevco 'away' next week. The only positives were lawless and dools, even then we need to think of how to be more decisive in the final third

• Like 1

Azeez needs to learn when to release the ball, his decision making is too often dodgy. He can only improve by getting game time and I don't think at the moment he can be risked as a lone striker. Two up front is fine with me, pairing Azeez with Doolan, Erskine and just possibly Lawless. The downside to that is seeing the midfield overrun as on Saturday and the front guys not getting enough ball or dragged back into midfield.

Playing two up when you've three centrebacks shouldn't be a problem if the midfield do their job and the wingbacks get forward quickly to provide width. That never happened too much at Fir Park, effectively making it that much easier for their defence to deal with the forward striker, Azeez. Get that improved and then we can judge Azeez better.

Potentially we could have a real player in Ade. Whether we can afford the time, mainly down to the incestuous league we play in, is another matter

Wasn't at the game, thankfully. But based on the comments I gather that, we were sh!te, Dallas is a big Motherwell fan and Scott McDonald is a wee dick.

Does anyone know what the appropriate method of complaining about a referee is? I see Mourinho and various other PL managers are fined week in week out for commenting on the referee so that's maybe not the best way. I do think it's time Archie actually said something, I've not seen one game all season where the referee has put in a solid/balanced performance.

I know I am in a minority and I know that there is much evidence to the contrary, but I have a strong belief azeez will come good.

Archie and shaggy have form for improving players. Think of amoo when he first came compared to recently. There's other examples too.

I think the goals will come. I hope I am right because if he stars scoring regularly with his other attributes he could be some player.