Lokeren Friendly

Lindau

Jeezo, thank god that was a friendly and got that out our system. The defending not just for the goals is comical to say the least. The only decent goal was Lawless's which was a great finish. Azeez's goal wasn't an overly convincing shot and came from good work by Lawless. Ridgers..... well, as I said, thank god it was a friendly

Jeezo, thank god that was a friendly and got that out our system. The defending not just for the goals is comical to say the least. The only decent goal was Lawless's which was a great finish. Azeez's goal wasn't an overly convincing shot and came from good work by Lawless. Ridgers..... well, as I said, thank god it was a friendly

My thinking too.

I just found it bizarre how he caught the ball from the corner, then passed it directly to the opponent standing 20 yards in front of him. There was thousands of things he could have did other than what he done. It was the kind of goals you would maybe see in a 5-a-side game towards the end when nobody can be ersed. Who was the player that let the ball run under his foot? I thought I was watching one of the annual howlers DVD's that come out this time of year

You might like to see the translation of the official Lokeren match report!

Anyone got any Thistle team lines and used subs?

The winter training Sporting Lokeren ends with the friendly match against Scotland Partick Thistle.

Flanders is groaning under a winter storm. Not so in La Manga, Murcia, where the confrontation between Sporting Lokeren and Partick Thistle is finished under a radiant sun at 19 degrees. Partick Thistle, nicknamed the Jags (loosely translated as "blades"), a team from Glasgow which opens in the Scottish Premiership. They apply it as a league table and are currently in seventh place of 12 teams.

The game does not start too well for the Tricolores. After only 7 'they look at a 0-1 in arrears. The Scots and Azeez optimally utilize a miscalculation of the Lokeren defense put the ball away. Lokeren will quickly rectify the imbalance.In the 12 'Bolbat makes the Scottish goalkeeper very difficult. He does this again with a volley in the 20 '. First-rate rescue again the match.

Halfway through the first half is the right touch for Sporting. Tester Gary Martin turns off and put the ball in the corner. 1-1 after 24 '. Lokeren let it not stop here. In the 31 'Terki Bolbat launches but that puts lame. Bolbat has little luck, because if he gets a few minutes later a cross from Huppert, he decides on the goalkeeper. Which dissolves the ball, but the rebound hit the Ukrainians not get past the goalkeeper. Bolbat continues to pose danger.In 35 'he has from far, the goalkeeper saves again. Chance after chance so for Sporting. Minute 36: Martin plays corner over. Minute 37: Bolbat launches Martin traveled to Huppert, but misses his kick completely.

But the Scots rights back. First Verhulst is a cross-shot to make yet harmless, but at the shot Lawless in the 43 thminute, he has no defense, 1-2 for Partick Thistle, magnificent goal, incidentally.

Immediately after the peace Rassoul Miric send in the street, it resulted in the keeper and ensures the equalizer, 2-2.After 55 minutes, Overmeire, Galitsios, Strasburg Rocketman and Huppert called off the pitch. Patosi, Ansah, Jambor and Enoh get to it as fresh forces. At the time keeper Partick had less time, he kicked the ball to the feet of Steve De Ridder which home the last man and our Tricolores put the lead 3-2.

Five minutes later Patosi puts the game in its favor. Miric committed well down the left and put the ball to Patosi. He turns off and put the ball neatly past the keeper, 4-2 . Immediately after the goal our youngster Ortwin Wolf was allowed to make his appearance. With ten minutes on the clock Double dropped the ball in front of goal, Miric was the 5-2 single still inside tip.

Sporting Lokeren : Verhulst, Maric (45 'Ticinovic) Galitsios (55 Ansah) Ninaj, Rassoul, Terki (45 "Single), Overmeire (55' Jambor) Bolbat (45 'Miric), Strasburg Rocketman (55' Patosi) Hupperts (55 'Enoh), Martin (45' De Ridder)

Goals : Azeez 0-1 (7 '), Gary Martin 1-1 (24'), Lawless 1-2 (43 '), Marko Miric 2-2 ( 46 '), Steve De Ridder 3-2 (' 55 '), Ayanda Patosi 4-2 (60'), Marko Miric 5-2 (80 ')

Trial by TV/video LIB? Was that a subtle dig?

Not at all. It was not the least bit subtle :) .

I haven't myself watched any footage of the friendly. But even if I had I'd still be giving far more credence to smokiejag's account of the game (and for that matter an eccentric Belgian report) than anything I could've gleaned from watching the ball getting kicked about a TV/computer screen.

Obviously a friendly in Spain is exceptional but as a generalisation the "Just In" thread on here appears to be a rarity these days. I miss it and feel it's much preferable to posts from those returning from a game being attached to, for want of better words, a "live game" thread. Even on a practical level you have to wade thru previous posts just to ascertain who was and wasn't at the game in question.

Personally I value greatly the opinions of those who have seen replays of contentious decisions etc. TV/Video can clear up things you're unlikely to have been able to do when attending a game. I don't value greatly opinions from those watching a match on a screen about the game as a whole and certainly not (goalie aside) opinions about the performance of individual players. That's not a swipe at anyone in particular, tho' I do share with Lindau a certain resentment to posts from the naysayers who only come out in the "dark times". Posts from nomads and those unable to attend matches are in general just as valuable as posts from those that get to games. Indeed often more valuable. It's just on that one specific matter that I feel is an exception to the rule.

• 2 weeks later...